• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Kings interested in Dennis Schröder? (Putting #8 pick on trading block)

GameTime

I want another look at Peanuts. Just seeing the difference in Scott after a Summer with this staff, I think we owe it to the team to see what they can do with him. He has all the attributes of an excellent player physically, but he is just really young. Derrick Williams is a tweener and very much Mike Scott.

• Like 1

With all the bad measurements that came in at the combine, Hood is moving up. He measured 6' 7 1/4" with out shoes. Warren and Young may be our choices at 15.

Edited by Buzzard

I want another look at Peanuts. Just seeing the difference in Scott after a Summer with this staff, I think we owe it to the team to see what they can do with him. He has all the attributes of an excellent player physically, but he is just really young. Derrick Williams is a tweener and very much Mike Scott.

Scott is a one trick pony.

I wouldn't trade Dennis. His potential is one of the good things we got and it's not like they got a top 5 pick. Dennis has one of the highest ceilings on our team and in his position in the NBA.

No. Not even close either.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Give us your top 10...

In no particular order:

Parker

Embiid

Wiggins

Gordon

Exum

Randle

Smart

Vonleh

Harris

Ennis

I think Exum probably goes between 3 and 5. Is he truly worthy of that pick? Idk, but I can't see him slipping to eight because of the hype and interest being shown by the Sixers, Magic and Jazz.

With all the bad measurements that came in at the combine, Hood is moving up. He measured 6' 7 1/4" with out shoes. Warren and Young may be our choices at 15.

Hood's meaurements are actually moving him down.

Standing height is meaningless. You don't shoot the ball, tip passes, or block shots with you head............you do it with you hands. Therefore, its all about standing reach and wingspan.

Hood's standing reach is 8'7''........the exact same as McDermott. Hood's wing span is 6'8.5'' which is shorter then McDermott's 6'9.25''.

McDermott edges Hood out on the vertical and max vertical reach by .5'' too. Hood's max verticle is 36'' and McDermott's is 36.5''.

MCDermott is also 10 lbs heavier then Hood. Hood is 9 months younger then MCDermott.

Warren's production is hard to argue with.................his game is really funky though.

When it comes to grades:

Horf - Top 3 grade for this draft. If you aren't interested, we aren't as well.

Dennis- Top 5 grade. Just based on potential.

Teague- Top 10 grade. Just based off of Jrue Holiday trade.

Sap- Top 15 grade. If someone wants him for a top 10 pick, fine but he isn't really worth it.

Korver- 1st round grade.

DMC- Early to mid 2nd.

The rest aren't worth too much.

Bebe- Top 5 grade. Not because he is that good, high potential and you aren't sure of his ceiling. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

Hood's meaurements are actually moving him down.

Standing height is meaningless. You don't shoot the ball, tip passes, or block shots with you head............you do it with you hands. Therefore, its all about standing reach and wingspan.

Hood's standing reach is 8'7''........the exact same as McDermott. Hood's wing span is 6'8.5'' which is shorter then McDermott's 6'9.25''.

McDermott edges Hood out on the vertical and max vertical reach by .5'' too. Hood's max verticle is 36'' and McDermott's is 36.5''.

MCDermott is also 10 lbs heavier then Hood. Hood is 9 months younger then MCDermott.

Warren's production is hard to argue with.................his game is really funky though.

Well you got to shoot the ball to coach and they do measure that. He beat out all the top SG and SF darlings in two out three shooting categories. He is a true 6'8" in shoes and he can shoot. Those were his combine results and that is why he is moving up.

link:

http://stats.nba.com/draftCombine.html

Edited by Buzzard

Well you got to shoot the ball to coach and they do measure that. He beat out all the top SG and SF darlings in two out three shooting categories. He is a true 6'8" in shoes and he can shoot. Those were his combine results and that is why he is moving up.

link:

http://stats.nba.com/draftCombine.html

Right............just like McDermott can shoot. I never said Hood could not shoot. That is his strength. My point is that what your claiming to be his strenght (his measurables) is actually a weaknesses of his.

The point was both guys are average athletes and Hood's arms are even shorter then McDermott and his vertical is even slightly less then McDermott.

I believe McDermott and Staukas are the best shooters in the draft and are slightly better athletes then Hood and play more aggressively then Hood.

I love shooters.........shooting was never my gripe with Hood.

Edited by coachx

Right............just like McDermott can shoot. I never said Hood could not shoot. That is his strength. My point is that what your claiming to be his strenght (his measurables) is actually a weaknesses of his.

The point was both guys are average athletes and Hood's arms are even shorter then McDermott and his vertical is even slightly less then McDermott.

I believe McDermott and Staukas are the best shooters in the draft and are slightly better athletes then Hood and play more aggressively then Hood.

I love shooters.........shooting was never my gripe with Hood.

I said due to all the bad measurements he is moving up. Not his great measurements. Yahoo is now the only site I have found that has him dropping past us. CBS, NBA, Draft Express have him moving up.

Its due to his height which is a true 6'8" in shoes, his shooting drills, and his basic agility and speed drills.

my original quote:

With all the bad measurements that came in at the combine, Hood is moving up.

Edited by Buzzard

Shredder plus the 15th for the 8th? Sounds way too good to be a real possibility, but if that offer actually presents itself gotta make it happen. Possibilities include Exum, Smart, McDermott, Vonleh, Saric, Randle, Gordon, Harris, and LaVine.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No the f*** it's not. Not even close either. Millsap and Teague can be traded for a top 10 pick. It's about if what we value is at that spot.

You and only one(maybe two) posters on this board feel that way. You should be concerned about trading Mack because that's Schröder's real competition.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't know that this deal is a no brainer. It appears that way at the moment, but Dennis has the chance to be a really good point man. Saw flashes of that thru the season. In a year or two, this very well could be a different discussion.

I would have thought they'd target Teague, but I couldn't see the Hawks dealing him. Making the playoffs every year is a big deal for ownership and even if they could get a prospect that makes them better down the road at pick eight, I doubt they take that chance.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1