• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Kings interested in Dennis Schröder? (Putting #8 pick on trading block)

GameTime

Guest Zone

There's a whole host of good players and possible guys who may fall to 8. Hell, if Jabari Parker fell to 8... IF Randle fell to 8.

Exactly. We'd be in a much better position to draft someone who'd contribute right away at 8 than at 15. That's common sense.

How are we set at PF when Millsap is an expiring? It has been obvious that Bud and Ferry do not see PF as Horford's best position barring us acquiring a Dwight Howard-like superstar.

Vonleh/Gordon/Randle/Smart/possibly Saric all have all have superstar potential (Our development program is phenomenal now), and at least one will be available at #8.

Edited by GameTime

Killing me with the Teague hate and Schröder love. Teague and Millsap carried us against the top seed. You don't trade the 25 year old for another unproven rookie at #8.

Schröder and #15 for #8 would make damn sure we get a player we love at 15 but know he won't drop that far. If Ferry is not hyped about anyone, then we don't do the trade.

But Teague for #8 is ridiculous.

Jeff is establish as is Sap. We know their game and their potential. They are what they are. Jeff is a borderline top 10 PG and Sap is a top 10 PF. Both are well worth their contracts but they aren't winning us any titles as it is.

Schröder for the #8 alone? I think I would be good with that.

Schröder / #15 for the #8? Unless Ferry feels there's an absolute stud there then no.

Schröder / #15 for McLemore / #8? Absolutely. Would give us a guy with at least as much potential at a position of need but who also had a forgettable rookie season and improves our draft position this year.

Teague for the #8 alone? No way Jose.

Agreed. But would you do McLemore+#8 for Teague+ #15? I kinda fell in love with Teague during the last month of the season but I might have to pull the trigger here.

How are we set at PF when Millsap is an expiring? It has been obvious that Bud and Ferry do not see PF as Horford's best position barring us acquiring a Dwight Howard-like superstar.

Vonleh/Gordon/Randle/Smart all have all have superstar potential (Our development program is phenomenal now), and at least one will be available at #8.

Vonleh is like Bosh but more upside and worse floor.

Gordon is a boom and bust prospect. System matters a ton. I liken him to a more athletic Khawi Leonard who was also a boom or bust prospect. But Leonard went to the right team. The wrong team and he could have flamed out like so many guys who could have been good.

Randle is nice but he's a top 5 lock for me.

Smart is the one I love. I think he is a stud. I would easily take him over Teague on potential. Maybe not over Dennis tho.

Agreed. But would you do McLemore+#8 for Teague+ #15? I kinda fell in love with Teague during the last month of the season but I might have to pull the trigger here.

Much better trade. Jeff and 15 for McLemore and #8.

• Admin

My thing is the top 7 picks are all set (just not the order)...those are the players with the potential for impact...the second tier of players start at 8 and that tier lasts through about 16.

I don't know if it is worth trading assets (Dennis and 15) for 8 when 8 might not be better then 15.

I don't know if the 8th pick for instance (McDermont is better then say Hood or Young at 15).

My thing is the top 7 picks are all set (just not the order)...those are the players with the potential for impact...the second tier of players start at 8 and that tier lasts through about 16.

I don't know if it is worth trading assets (Dennis and 15) for 8 when 8 might not be better then 15.

I don't know if the 8th pick for instance (McDermont is better then say Hood or Young at 15).

The top 7 picks are far from set. The top 8 are most likely though.

Embiid

Wiggins

Parker

Exum

Then....

Randle/Vonleh/Smart/Gordon in no order.

#9 and down are the Sarics, McDermott's and LaVine's

Jeff is establish as is Sap. We know their game and their potential. They are what they are. Jeff is a borderline top 10 PG and Sap is a top 10 PF. Both are well worth their contracts but they aren't winning us any titles as it is.

Well Schröder has not even won us a summer league title yet; so I think I will pass on keeping Schröder over Teague.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

Smart is the one I love. I think he is a stud. I would easily take him over Teague on potential. Maybe not over Dennis tho.

Much better trade. Jeff and 15 for McLemore and #8.

I love Smart too. He reminds me so much if Wade. I'm not sure if anybody in the draft has more of an NBA ready body than Smart. He's also a very underrated passer with really good vision. I guess the only knock on him is the consistency of his outside shooting. If we somehow get the #8 pick and Smart is there, we have to draft him. He's just one of those guys that will be very successful at the nba level.

I'm no college expert, but its gotta be 8 players coming out that can contribute more than Shredder did this season. I'm willing to give him another year to take a gargantuan leap, but I just don't see the potential some are taking about. He's gotta dominate Summer League beginning to end with damn near 0 turnovers. If he faces MCW or Burke, he better show out. I'm a big proponent of having a savvy, True PG vet to season young PGs prospects and projects. We simply don't have that, so his development will always be behind the curve.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

The top 7 picks are far from set. The top 8 are most likely though.

Embiid

Wiggins

Parker

Exum

Then....

Randle/Vonleh/Smart/Gordon in no order.

#9 and down are the Sarics, McDermott's and LaVine's

I agree on that top 8. I don't see Randle/Vonleh/Smart/Gordon being on par with McDermott, Young, etc. They are a cut above. I would be very excited about this trade.

To nbasuperstar's earlier comment, I think you are overvaluing both Dennis and especially Bebe. I don't see them as top 5 picks. The NBA certainly didn't last year in a much weaker draft and I don't think Bebe has done anything to improve his status after a mostly hurt year. I am a fan of both players, but would deal them both to get top picks in this draft.

• Like 2

No I wouldn't do that. If they want to give us Cousins / #8 for Teague / #15 then sure thing, although I know that's lopsided in our favor. But Teague showed me enough the last month of the season + the playoffs where I believe he's our longterm answer at the position.

• Like 1

No I wouldn't do that. If they want to give us Cousins / #8 for Teague / #15 then sure thing, although I know that's lopsided in our favor. But Teague showed me enough the last month of the season + the playoffs where I believe he's our longterm answer at the position.

Ya I can see that. Just hope Teague comes out in the 2014/15 season and balls like he did in the playoffs.

I agree on that top 8. I don't see Randle/Vonleh/Smart/Gordon being on par with McDermott, Young, etc. They are a cut above. I would be very excited about this trade.

To nbasuperstar's earlier comment, I think you are overvaluing both Dennis and especially Bebe. I don't see them as top 5 picks. The NBA certainly didn't last year in a much weaker draft and I don't think Bebe has done anything to improve his status after a mostly hurt year. I am a fan of both players, but would deal them both to get top picks in this draft.

True be told, I wouldn't trade a top 3 pick for Victor O or a top 5 for McLemore. I am not a fan of trading very young players with very good or good potential early in their contract. I have always been that way unless I didn't think the player was any good like A. Bennett.

• Like 1

Ya I can see that. Just hope Teague comes out in the 2014/15 season and balls like he did in the playoffs.

Jeff is Jeff. I see him showing some of what he did in the playoffs and getting shut down some as he did in the playoffs. The gameplan is simple. Gameplan around Jeff and he can't do much. It's like double teaming Joe, it's a sure thing.

People here have their own opinion but I'll trade Jeff in a second for that pick. Get someone like Gordon or Smart would do wonders for our team potentially. Even if we start Mack next year or sign Patty Mills, I will feel better about our potential with Gordon, Horf, and Sap with Dennis and Bebe being our potential studs as well.

• Like 1