• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Bebe be our next all star center?

JTB

I understand everything is a process but I'm very interested to know some things about bebe that I'm just completely clueless about. So maybe you guys can help me!

1. Should bebe be on the roster next season or is it still too early?

2. What's bebe's offense game like? We know he can run the floor but what else can the guy do?...any post moves in this kid?

3. Does bebe have any offensive potential to drop atleast 10 points a game THIS season if given the minutes?

4. Though he's still small can he make an impact on defense in the NBA right now with his height? Specifically against bigger centers?

5. Is it safe to say if bebe is brought over he will take on the major role to surely be used on bigger centers we play and horford will be moved to the 4?

I only ask because I don't hear sh*t about bebe and can't find anything on the guy until it's mentioned here. Im sure most of these questions can't be answered just kinda want your input on how good you think bebe is right now and how good he's going to be.

Edited by JTB

• Admin

I understand everything is a process but I'm very interested to know some things about bebe that I'm just completely clueless about. So maybe you guys can help me!

1. Should bebe be on the roster next season or is it still too early?

2. What's bebe's offense game like? We know he can run the floor but what else can the guy do?...any post moves in this kid?

3. Does bebe have any offensive potential to drop atleast 10 points a game THIS season if given the minutes?

4. Though he's still small can he make an impact on defense in the NBA right now with his height? Specifically against bigger centers?

5. Is it safe to say if bebe is brought over he will take on the major role to surely be used on bigger centers we play and horford will be moved to the 4?

I only ask because I don't hear sh*t about bebe and can't find anything on the guy until it's mentioned here. Im sure most of these questions can't be answered just kinda want your input on how good you think bebe is right now and how good he's going to be.

He is an unknown...he has bad knees and he played good D over in Europe.

• Like 1

He is an unknown...he has bad knees and he played good D over in Europe.

Not sure I'd say he has bad knees as it's just tendinitis and was taken care of promptly. He may end up having knee issues but bad knees are what Greg Oden has, not what Bebe has.

• Like 3

Not sure I'd say he has bad knees as it's just tendinitis and was taken care of promptly. He may end up having knee issues but bad knees are what Greg Oden has, not what Bebe has.

Good to know....what else you guys got? Anybody actually have a chance to watch him overseas?

Isn't he friends with Dwight Howard? I ask cause I was wondering what other players think about him. (Not that it matters)

Good to know....what else you guys got? Anybody actually have a chance to watch him overseas?

Isn't he friends with Dwight Howard? I ask cause I was wondering what other players think about him. (Not that it matters)

Nobody here knows what he will or won't be. At best people have seen glimpses of him playing outside of summer league but right now who knows what he could be.

Very much a project. But possesses elite height (7'0"), elite wingspan (7'6"), elite speed, and innate shot-blocking timing. Could develop into a very capable Hawks starter, but that might be 2-3 years down the road. Could eventually end up a 10/10/2 guy logging 25-30 mins/game. Points would probably mostly come from fast break alley-oops, put-backs, tip-ins, and 10-footers. Or could have knee trouble (already experienced severe tendinitis) and end up as just a decent backup. My guess? The next Noah.

Edited by hazer

• Premium Member

Very much a project. But possesses elite height (7'0"), elite wingspan (7'6"), elite speed, and innate shot-blocking timing. Could develop into a very capable Hawks starter, but that might be in 2-3 years down the road. Could eventually end up a 10/10/2 guy logging 25-30 mins/game. Points would mostly come from fast break alley-oops, put-backs, tip-ins, and 10-footers. Or could have knee trouble (already experienced severe tendinitis) and end up a decent backup 5. My guess? The next Noah.

Noah-ish. I doubt we see him get the assists that Noah gets. A lot of his offensive development will probably be based off what type of PG he plays with. Good evaluation though.

Edited by cam1218

The only C I can think of off top that became an All-Star after being drafted as a project was Jermaine O'Neal. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bebe is no Jermaine O'Neal. He seems pretty narrow at the hips, I'm not sure how much more weight he can put on. He looked good in summer league, but his ceiling as I see it right now is Johan Petro. Hope I'm wrong of course.

• Like 1

Very much a project. But possesses elite height (7'0"), elite wingspan (7'6"), elite speed, and innate shot-blocking timing. Could develop into a very capable Hawks starter, but that might be 2-3 years down the road. Could eventually end up a 10/10/2 guy logging 25-30 mins/game. Points would probably mostly come from fast break alley-oops, put-backs, tip-ins, and 10-footers. Or could have knee trouble (already experienced severe tendinitis) and end up as just a decent backup. My guess? The next Noah.

Ok I like that....if he reaches full potential he's the next Noah...I can get on board with that only bad thing is that if he takes 2-4 years for him to reach that level (if he reaches that level) we will need another PF soon by that time as horford will be 30 or 31 if he resigns in two years that is.

The only C I can think of off top that became an All-Star after being drafted as a project was Jermaine O'Neal. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bebe is no Jermaine O'Neal. He seems pretty narrow at the hips, I'm not sure how much more weight he can put on. He looked good in summer league, but his ceiling as I see it right now is Johan Petro. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Keep in mind that Bebe is the same weight as Anthony Davis and we all know he's a can't miss prospect {/sarcasm} so I'm not too concerned about his weight :)

• Like 4

Keep in mind that Bebe is the same weight as Anthony Davis and we all know he's a can't miss prospect {/sarcasm} so I'm not too concerned about his weight :)

Lol you guys are bringing that argument to this thread now! Lmao

But seriously bebe's weight isn't concerning me. I say bring him over and let's see what he can do. Also I just don't think bebe can gain a lot of weight looking at his body frame...I think the guy is meant to be skinny like a KG.

Keep in mind that Bebe is the same weight as Anthony Davis and we all know he's a can't miss prospect {/sarcasm} so I'm not too concerned about his weight smile3.gif

LOL. Well played.

As for Bebe. He can't be. He won't get the recognition to do so unless we become Heat like. And even then he would get the Bosh treatment because that would mean somebody on our team is tearing it up and there are a few guys already in front of him on roster who he would need to defer to.

Edited by sultanofatl
  • Like 2

My going-out-on-a-limb prediction: Bebe will reach 235 lbs (Noah), will come over in 2014-15 as the 3rd C, will be the Hawks starter in 2016-17, and within a year or two of starting will reach 10/10/2 (Noah) on 30 mins/gm.

• Moderators

I'm not sure what the definition of project is but you had other guys who took years to get there like Marc Gasol (age 27; drafted in 2007 and made the All-Star team in 2012). Plenty of guys who started as role players in that 14 mpg range and took a few years to get there after being picked in the same range as Bebe like Hibbert, Magloire, etc.

• Like 2

mediocre speed, but elite reach!!!

mediocre speed, but elite reach!!!

Not talking about pre-draft measurement speed. The eye test in live game action. Watch the vid footage, he's outrunning the guards down the floor. 7 steps from key to key. This tree can FLY.

Edited by hazer