Melo

Lebron, Wade and Bosh didnt take a dramatic pay cut at least for them. I think they each only gave up a few million and I think in Bosh and Lebrons case wound up being sign and trades anyway so they could get more money. Wouldnt Mello have to take a huge paycut to fit into the Heats cap?

I hear you, and him. This Miami situation just feels different for some reason. Can't really explain it.

Kobe Bryant made more this year in just NBA salary than Duncan, Parker and Ginobili combined.

They should make a Kobe Bryant provision, no star can accept less than their max, that'll show those pesky Heat!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Kobe Bryant made more this year in just NBA salary than Duncan, Parker and Ginobili combined.

They should make a Kobe Bryant provision, no star can accept less than their max, that'll show those pesky Heat!

Or at least give teams the right to franchise a player like they do in the NFL. Or make it to where if a team that owns Bird rights on a player and they offer that player a max contract, the player is not allowed to accept a contract less than the max from another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm just pissed about this...I can honestly see all 4 guys taking 10 mil contracts just to form this super team and win the next 5-7 seasons.

What are Duncan, Parker and Ginobili retiring? Cause I see Melo just taking more shots away from the big 3.

Lebron, Wade and Bosh didnt take a dramatic pay cut at least for them. I think they each only gave up a few million and I think in Bosh and Lebrons case wound up being sign and trades anyway so they could get more money. Wouldnt Mello have to take a huge paycut to fit into the Heats cap?

I was looking at this earlier and it looks like they would be pitching Melo somewhere between 16-19 mil(?). The max he's eligible for would be 5 year at 25(ish) mil per year, if he signed with NYK. Otherwise he's looking at one less year if he signs with another team outright. that's the way i understand it anyway. So if he signs for 18mil for example he would be playing for the heat at a 25% discount..

I was looking at this earlier and it looks like they would be pitching Melo somewhere between 16-19 mil(?). The max he's eligible for would be 5 year at 25(ish) mil per year, if he signed with NYK. Otherwise he's looking at one less year if he signs with another team outright. that's the way i understand it anyway. So if he signs for 18mil for example he would be playing for the heat at a 25% discount..

It would take all the big 3 opting out and then some clever financial work and all taking massive, massive paycuts in order to make it happen. They'll all be around the 10-12 million range in order to make it work.

• Moderators

It would take all the big 3 opting out and then some clever financial work and all taking massive, massive paycuts in order to make it happen. They'll all be around the 10-12 million range in order to make it work.

Sooo... You're saying a Big 4 is unlikely. I know CP3 was suppose to be the PG when these Heatles were forming. LBJ, Wade, and Bosh didn't take deep pay cuts then so that the Heat could sign CP3 a year later. Doubt this happens cause the only ones I see taking $10 mil is Wade and Bosh. If LBJ has a shred of self-respect and integrity, he'll be looking to get paid. He is the only reason the Heat are even worth a damn. Would absolutely love it if LBJ opted out and then went back to Cleveland or something on a max deal. LBJ, Kyrie, and Wiggins in Cleveland would be interesting.

More than likely, this is just a media fantasy.

I think the opposite - I don't see Bosh taking $10 mil. He won't get the endorsement to recoup the difference like Wade and LBJ.

Who knows Miami might be looking to dump him for Melo so Bosh might opt in to his contract - now that would be hilarious.

• Moderators

I think the opposite - I don't see Bosh taking $10 mil. He won't get the endorsement to recoup the difference like Wade and LBJ.

Who knows Miami might be looking to dump him for Melo so Bosh might opt in to his contract - now that would be hilarious.

If they dump anybody, it should be Wade. That would hilarious too... Everyone opts out expecting to renegotiate to form a Big 4 and then the Heat tell Wade thanks, but see ya.

I'd take Wade on a two year deal in Atlanta though.

Sooo... You're saying a Big 4 is unlikely. I know CP3 was suppose to be the PG when these Heatles were forming. LBJ, Wade, and Bosh didn't take deep pay cuts then so that the Heat could sign CP3 a year later. Doubt this happens cause the only ones I see taking $10 mil is Wade and Bosh. If LBJ has a shred of self-respect and integrity, he'll be looking to get paid. He is the only reason the Heat are even worth a damn. Would absolutely love it if LBJ opted out and then went back to Cleveland or something on a max deal. LBJ, Kyrie, and Wiggins in Cleveland would be interesting.

More than likely, this is just a media fantasy.

I think they all signed for around 12-13 million that 1st season but with raises added to them right? I don't recall them talking about CP3 joining them though. Wade and LBJ and Melo could afford to take a lot less than Bosh since they're all marketable and make a good bit from endorsements. Bosh aint getting any of that cheddar.

The max they can all take is 13.8 million the 1st year per ESPN.

Quotes from Bosh recently:

Bosh was asked about his upcoming opportunity to leave in free agency during an appearance on The Dan LeBatard Show this afternoon and said, “Yeah, I mean, I don't want to go anywhere. I like it here. It's Miami. Everybody wants to come here. Yeah.”

When asked if he would accept a below-market offer from the Heat, he answered, “If that's what it takes.”

Edited by GameTime

The max they can all take is 13.8 million the 1st year per ESPN.

Quotes from Bosh recently:

Hell man 13 mil each to form a dream team nba squad ain't bad. I just hate it because the nba isn't ready for this type of team...the competition is already low enough.

But yeah I don't see why people don't believe this will happen. As much as I hate to say it, it's so possible I feel it's written in stone.

Think about it.....

Melo prolongs wade and bosh careers. Wade and bosh if he need it can get plenty of rest over the regular season and come back healthy for the playoffs atleast for 3 more years with melo on the team. Lebron/Melo/scrubs can probably win at the minimum 50 games a year while wade and bosh play 50-56 games.

Let's face it, this isn't a Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Kobe, Shaq team up....this is 2 guys in their prime, bosh who still have plenty in tank to give and Wade who can get much much rest and be a beast in the playoffs like he was this playoffs.

The wade is on his last legs is stupid to me, if the guy can get rest like he did this year, he's very effective in the playoffs and again with melo the heat can sit wade down as long as they need to until the playoffs the dudes knees are going to be fresh.

I could be overreacting and it may not happen but I have the same feeling I had last time around when the heat big 3 formed. I knew it was planned and that Riley was behind it just like I believe this big 4 was planned at all star break to add melo!

The NBA is a joke. I'm not sure how much I'm going to care about what the hawks do if I see melo on stage with the heats current big 3. I mean I would like to be competitive as a fan but a move like that really gives no hope for any team.

@Dolfan23 to respond to your post I think if melo teams up with Lebron I think he will change his whole attitude coming in and knowing that lebron runs the show. No way he comes in trying to take over or run over a champ roster. I think the chemistry would be "let's take paycuts and whoop everybody ass, leaving our mark on nba history"

This is how you buy a nba championship 101.

• Moderators

By the way, Melo was a great role player for the Olympic team. If he is willing to defer to Lebron, he could be an excellent addition to the Heat. More reason to root against them.

The main thing that would make this stop is if a team constructed with this bright a spotlight falls on its face. Melo and Bosh et al. might be happy to take big pay cuts and ride each other's jock to a championship right until the point when they lose and Melo just passed on $10M only to be eliminated ala Karl Malone and Gary Payton in LA.

By the way, Melo was a great role player for the Olympic team. If he is willing to defer to Lebron, he could be an excellent addition to the Heat. More reason to root against them.

The main thing that would make this stop is if a team constructed with this bright a spotlight falls on its face. Melo and Bosh et al. might be happy to take big pay cuts and ride each other's jock to a championship right until the point when they lose and Melo just passed on $10M only to be eliminated ala Karl Malone and Gary Payton in LA.

I would be so happy words can't express if they were to form a championship team and lose in the finals but I can't see that as you were on point that melo was a great role player. I honestly can't see how they would lose until the four of them just are old. As old men then they would probably lose (I doubt they would be like Duncan at 38)

That makes no sense. Who is to determine who's a star?

the way the could fix it is you have

1 max contract per team

Then 1 contracts of 10-12 mil

Then 3 contracts of 5-7 mil

Then the rest under 5 mil

Wade or Melo would only make 10 - 12 a year and bosh Wade/Melo making 7

They would never play for that

Edited by Jizzle