• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Melo

If Melo wants to win, Miami is easily the best choice. If Rose wasn't injury prone, it would be a different story.

Good, that will mean Heat won't win. Melo brings a team down.

Really? The internet has been flipping out over the news because they know the Heat would continue their success with a scorer like Melo. They'd be Eastern Conference Finals bound for the next 2 plus years if Melo went to Miami. I mean, the Heat will retool regardless if they win or lose but Melo on that team is just nasty.

Edited by Zone

The salary cap won't allow it to happen. If Melo takes a ridiculous paycut to get it done then Adam Silver needs to start thinking about a collusion rule.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

It's hard to prove collusion based on players talking to each other. You might as well cancel all All Star games and closely monitor pre and post game interactions, cell phone, twitter records and off season activities in order to prevent it.

You can't penalize players or GMs for managing to operate underneath the salary cap rules either. If you want to establish collusion on the basis of them taking paycuts then the beloved Spurs need to face sanctions as well with their "built not bought" mantra because their team is constructed primarily on the basis that their big 3 all took pay cuts well below what could have signed for.

• Like 2

Yep. Them trying to shoehorn Melo into their cap is an admission that Wade's on his last leg (crazy.gif ). It could work if Melo accepts a 'role player' role.

Also, there's probably no way to stop this player collusion (let's call it what it is). I guess in the past the league relied on men having some pride about themselves to keep this sort of thing from happening.

I hope they do get together and a team (emphasis on 'team') like the Spurs or the (*gulp*) Hawks puts them down, much to the delight of the rest of the universe.

I wish I could five star MaseCase post on this subject.

• Admin

I don't see them as any better and at the same time NY gets even worse

He is not answering a need for the Heat. Basically it just means Wade and Bosh have to take another step back. Since wade is breaking down it just keeps Miami in the top tier.

Also, I don't know if adding another ISO player to their team works well chemistry wise.

This by no means brings a championship to that team.

Good gracious this is America people. Ya'll want to keep these players from their pursuit of happiness? As long as they aren't taking money under the table there is nothing wrong with this. These guys are friends. If they decide to play justice league then other players need to get their weight up. There are ways to effect this without out right banning the super teams. One would be allowing bird rights to allow uncapped compensation for 1 player.