• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Give me......

Diesel

• Premium Member

You be the GM.......

Give me your best pitch to Bring Lebron to Atlanta (complete with Salary).

Give me your best pitch to bring Melo to Atlanta (complete with Salary).

Give me your best pitch to bring Gortat to Atlanta (complete wth Salary)

Give me your best pitch to bring Fans to the games.

0 dollars to Lebron

0 dollars to Melo

Don't want either of them^^^^

Gortat=About a 3 year 25 million dollar deal.So about 8.3 mil a year.

Change the moto of every Atlanta team to AtlantaArises.This would get us pumped because as we all know we have a history of never getting the job done, so this stands for a change of mentality in all ATL sports team an who knows maybe with a changed mentality maybe one of our teams could be hoisting a trophy?

Edited by Dirtybird26

You be the GM.......

Lebron: you want a spurs type offense that beat you? Join us! Reunite with Ferry.

Melo: no pitch we don't want you go away and take Lala with you.

Gortat: lets go to an Atlanta strip club, I heard they have a bunch if hot Polish girls. Whattaya say hammer?

Lebron and Memo?

I pass on both just for sheer spite of both. Add the fact they both are pushing 30's with many miles on their legs.. Let's get some young talent in here

• Like 1

Lebron and Memo?

I pass on both just for sheer spite of both. Add the fact they both are pushing 30's with many miles on their legs.. Let's get some young talent in here

I don't want Melo here either but Memo might be a better option for us...

Oh come on, I'd rather have either one. Lebron is the best player on Earth. Melo, might be the best scorer. Were the Hawks, one of those dudes wanna come here, open arms...

• Like 2

I doubt we'll be recruiting Lebron (and I doubt even more that he'd actually consider coming), but I think we'd be instant title contenders if we could add him - Teague, Carrol, Lebron, Millsap, and Horford would be an incredible starting lineup, plus we'd have a nice bench with Korver and Lou Williams for scoring, plus a 15 pick in a deep draft...Shelvin, Dennis, Mike Scott, Bebe, Muscala, Pero, Jenkins...can't see how that team wouldn't be at least as good as Miami and probably even better: Lebron plus two all-star big man, an athletic PG in his prime, and two role players in Carrol and Korver who are perfectly suited to play on the wing alongside Lebron, no major weakness at any position, plus a low pressure fan base and media....that would be my sales pitch.

Edited by vdunkndunk

• Premium Member

This is not a case of do you want him and if your argument is they are not coming, then you miss the point. The point is make a pitch that would entice them to come.

My pitch to Lebron is with our youth and talent, you could join us and we will win those 7 titles that you wanted in Miami.

My pitch to Melo is you are a natural fit with our skillset. With Horf and Teague Pick and Pop game... with Korver Outside. You can post up anybody you feel necessary. Come play with us and learn how to win as a member of a team!!

There is no pitch here as we don't have the cap. If they forced their hand to play together; SNT is how we would do it. Horford and Millsap would get us the room. My pitch to Melo and Bron is simple:

You guys have been wanting to play together since your team USA days; we can make it happen. Not only make it happen but also surround you with quality guards in Korver and Teague; to go along with a great team concept and coach. I don't know how in the hell we get Gortat though.

You be the GM.......

I'll play.

LEBRON:

Look at what is around you in Miami. Sure, you have the beautiful scenery, weather, women and culture that is Miami . . but that team, specifically your sidekick, is going to age horribly. Even if The Godfather Pat Riley can get quality NBA vets to take a pay cut to play with you, it still may not be enough to get out of the East because The Flash is about to become The Strobelight . . a light that just flickers on and off for no real reason, and ends up sending you into an epileptic coma.

So come to Atlanta. Horford is better than Bosh, and the type of big man sidekick that you need to go into battle with. Teague is better than Chalmers, who has flat out disappeared on you. Korver is the knockdown shooter that you need to pass the ball to, when you're doing your thing with the ball. And Millsap is another high quality frontline player that will keep the squad afloat against elite teams.

PG - Teague

G - Korver

F - Lebron

PF - Millsap

C - Horford

That could be your starting lineup man. Look at it. No more worrying about having to get 10 rebounds a game, just to keep your team in the mix. No more worrying about a PG that can't create a shot for himself. No more having to play you out of position at PF, because the rest of your squad isn't good enough to play the spot. No more having the executive producer all up in the video . . dancing, rapping . . .

As far as the money goes, it's whatever you want homie. If you want a MAX 4 year deal, you got it. In 2015, when we'll have the cap space to give you that deal, you can easily get it. But . . if you want to follow the path that Tim Duncan did, and take less than what you're worth, to add quality players to the squad, you can do that too. Would a 4 year - 72 million deal be enough to satisfy you, while enabling us to add quality role players around you?

As much as they worship you in Miami, you will become IMMORTAL in Atlanta. The biggest sports icon the city has ever seen. Bigger than Vick. Bigger than Nique. Bigger than Dale Murphy. They will paint murals of your face outside of abandoned buildings. Construct statues of you in front of Philips. Give you free access to every strip club in Atlanta. And every rapper in the city will make songs about you.

Most of all, you will give the city HOPE. Hope that the Hawks can win it's first Championship while in Atlanta. If you did, you will become 2nd only to Jesus Christ himself in Metro Atlanta.

---------------------------------

MELO:

It's time. It's time brotha. Just like in the movie Belly, when the Minister was trying to talk DMX out of assassinating him, it's time to make a change. We now have a system in Atlanta that is TAILOR-MADE to your skill set. The system isn't going to work for us, without that engine that can power the team. You're than engine man. The most versatile scorer in the league.

A lot of people don't like you because they think you shoot too much. Those people are wrong. You take a volume of shots, because the talent around you has been fairly weak, especially since you've arrived in New York. People want you to pass to guys like Iman Shumpert, JR "I've never seen a bad shot" Smith, and Pablo Prignoni. Really?

Look at the lineup Melo . .

PG - Teague

G - Korver

F - Melo

PF - Millsap

C - Horford

Look at that. You could make the Hawks the most exciting offensive team in the league. In Bud's system, you taking an open 3 pointer is not going to be frowned upon . . as long as you're open. But you're also an elite post up player, so you'll be able to get the ball anywhere you like it.

And look at the supporting cast you now have. Korver is a marksman. Horford is a marksman from 18 feet. Millsap is a versatile 20 feet and in scorer. And Teague can knife right through a defense. No longer would you have to hold the entire weight of the world on your shoulders, and do it all.

Join us, and while your scoring and rebounding averages may fall, you may become a much more efficient player and possibly become something you haven't achieved yet . . . a league MVP . . and a NBA Champion. Money isn't a problem. If you want that money, we got you. You're easily worth 4 yrs - 90 million. If you want to take a slight pay cut to enable us to sign quality bench guys, that would be great. If we could talk you down to 4 yrs - 70 million, that would be ideal. You'll be able to make it up in endorsements though. Coca-Cola headquarters is right here. Home Depot headquarters is right here. We can get you that extra money in endorsement deals, if you take that pay cut.

But the other thing Atlanta gives you an opportunity to do, is to please WIFEY. Lala is a budding actress. And outside of being in LA, Atlanta is the best place for her career. She's already made a couple of movies in the city. You have the opportunity to keep the wife happy, become a legend in Atlanta, and win a title. Let's face it. Can you really trust Derek Fisher as your coach for the next 4 years? And can you trust Phil Jackson to bring the talent you need to New York? He couldn't even get the coach he wanted, so how can you trust him to get the players he wants?

Get the hell out of NY man. Come to the Dirty Dirty and be a legend.

--------------------------

GORTAT:

Marcin, it's simple man. You come to play with us, and you're going to be the most beloved big man since Zaza Pachulia. And unlike Zaza, you actually have a somewhat more polished offensive and defensive game. You will instantly become a fan favorite, since our fan base likes cheering for underdog white guys like yourself.

PG - Teague

G - Korver

F - Millsap

PF - Horford

C - Gortat

You will give us an opportunity to conduct an experiment, to see if Millsap can adequately play about 40% of his minutes at SF, while enabling us to move Hoford to move to PF, and you anchor the middle. We need more help, QUALITY HELP on that frontline. Your presence will help to make our frontline a top 5 unit in the league. And with the ability to bring DeMarre Carroll off the bench, it makes us even more versatile. We may not be a championship squad if we add you, but we will be a top 4 team in the East, and definitely headed in the right direction.

Your current team will have to make a decision. Which guy do they value more? You or Ariza? They can pay you both, and kill their cap space. Or they can keep one of you, and keep their "flexibility". So how about we give them something to think about

3 years - 27 million . . . . We need to keep you on for at least 3 seasons, to use you as an incentive for Al Horford to possibly re-sign. If we opt not to re-sign him, we still may possibly have Millsap in the mix, and can move him back to PF.

----------------------

FANS:

OK fans. We have given you what some of you wanted. We've changed coaches. We've gotten rid of Joe Johnson and Josh Smith. We bought the PAC back. We even let you beat up a car with a sledgehammer right before a playoff game. So what's the problem? Oh yeah, we're not winning.

So what can we do to bring more of you in?

ALMOST NOTHING

We've tried everything we can think of to bring more of you guys and gals to the games. It doesn't work. Promotions doesn't work. Reduced ticket prices to certain games doesn't work. Bringing in musical artists doesn't work.

The only thing we can do, is to try to continue winning, and hope we can either acquire or develop a player that can be the charismatic face of the franchise. A guy that even the casual fan would pay money to see . . . instead of seeing the star of the other team.

That's all we can do fans. We can't hold a gun to your heads and make you go to our games.

• Like 3

Good to see HS hasn't changed. Let's not bring a superstar like Melo to energize the fan base and bring life to the franchise. No lets bring in stiffs like Asik and Gortat and be a weaker version of the Spurs and get killed in the second round with empty seats while Charlotte, Sixers and the Raptors fly right past us.

• Like 1