• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

From a team point of view... Teague = Better than Westbrook.

Diesel

As for as Durant not asking or screaming for the ball wide open , he should not have to badger Mebrook for a pass , Mebrook should just play his position the way a true pg would.. buff said

• Like 1

• Moderators

Westbrook and Durant are both very talented players who are being underutilized due in part to Westbrook's selfish tendencies and Brooks' poor offensive schemes and coaching. I would love to see Bud working with those two. I have a feeling there would be more discipline and a better system for the two of them in the first month under Bud than at any time under Brooks.

• Like 3

• Admin

Westbrook and Durant are both very talented players who are being underutilized due in part to Westbrook's selfish tendencies and Brooks' poor offensive schemes and coaching. I would love to see Bud working with those two. I have a feeling there would be more discipline and a better system for the two of them in the first month under Bud than at any time under Brooks.

Playmaking point guard and a coach is what that team needs.

• Moderators

Playmaking point guard and a coach is what that team needs.

It is tough to assess Westbrook without a real offensive structure to the OKC system. Is he irredeemably selfish or just not given clear direction? I certainly see negative impacts from the OKC system on both Durant and Westbrook. The Durant issues don't raise any concern for me since I think they are correctable with a more disciplined system. Westbrook is tougher to guage but he is talented enough that I would want to give Bud a chance before ditching him for Teague and #15 or something like that.

If wade can play the 2 so can Westbrook, there aren't a lot of tough covers at the 2 in the league right now so he can hold his own. His athleticism will make up for his lack of size

You put Westbrook with Bulls and he does Rose better than Rose.

You crazy as hell!

Don't sleep on the youngest MVP in nba history during those times. Sure rosé can't do that anymore because of injury but when he was fully healthy mebrook was never on his level.

You crazy as hell!

Don't sleep on the youngest MVP in nba history during those times. Sure rosé can't do that anymore because of injury but when he was fully healthy mebrook was never on his level.

What are you basing my craziness off of, besides your fandom? Numbers? What?

What are you basing my craziness off of, besides your fandom? Numbers? What?

Nothing

• Premium Member

Teague is a better fit for our system but he will never be the same level of PG that Parker is because he can't pass the ball at that level. Watching the Finals and seeing some of the sick passes Parker makes drive me crazy. But Teague is a good knock off that can do 75% of what Parker does and some things better than Parker.

I'm guessing you created this topic based on that one fantasy trade posted over the weekend trying to pair Love and Westbrook together here. For that reason I can see wanting Westbrook but he'd really drive me crazy cheering for him when he shoots the ball instead of passing it.

When Teague has a pure PNR guy like Horf playing High Post, Teague can average about 9 apg. Parker doesn't make CP3 like passes. He makes inlet passes and passes that are system passes. His finishers are just more consistent. Hell, did Duncan miss a shot in the finals?

• Like 1

When Teague has a pure PNR guy like Horf playing High Post, Teague can average about 9 apg. Parker doesn't make CP3 like passes. He makes inlet passes and passes that are system passes. His finishers are just more consistent. Hell, did Duncan miss a shot in the finals?

He still makes passes that Jeff routinely doesn't see. Probably never will see. Now I do t consider Parker an elite passing PG but he knows how to create passing lanes and to get guys open.

And sorry man Teague will never average 9 apg

• Premium Member

Is this serious? In no way in any capacity is Teague better than Westbrook. There may be 4 guys in the league is rather have on my team than Westbrook. It's not like Teague is a true pg anyway so what's the argument?

Again, you have to look at the measure at which you're measuring Westbrook. Try this... Erase his ability to score from memory. What does Westbrook do?

• Premium Member

It is tough to assess Westbrook without a real offensive structure to the OKC system. Is he irredeemably selfish or just not given clear direction? I certainly see negative impacts from the OKC system on both Durant and Westbrook. The Durant issues don't raise any concern for me since I think they are correctable with a more disciplined system. Westbrook is tougher to guage but he is talented enough that I would want to give Bud a chance before ditching him for Teague and #15 or something like that.

I think it's a mistake to blame offensive structure. You have to look at Westbrook. When Westbrook is out of the lineup, their PNR offense shines. They run it off the wing. This has been true with Dfish and with Jackson. However, when Westbrook enters the game, they play almost an isolation type offense. Where Westbrook stops the flow of the offense, waive off picks and plays what he wants to play. That's not the offensive structure's fault. Maybe you can blame the coach for not pulling Westbrook, but he may have the same problem that previous coaches here had with Smoove.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He still makes passes that Jeff routinely doesn't see. Probably never will see. Now I do t consider Parker an elite passing PG but he knows how to create passing lanes and to get guys open.

And I believe that you give a lot of Parker's passes credit to his vision when really these are passes that the system create. Don't worry, when we get some efficient inside scorers, people will mistake Teague for a alltime great PG.

And I believe that you give a lot of Parker's passes credit to his vision when really these are passes that the system create. Don't worry, when we get some efficient inside scorers, people will mistake Teague for a alltime great PG.

I want some of what you're on man!

I disagree.. Teague would've had a monster year if Horford was on the court. Most of Teagues passes were screwed over by poor shooting and over-passing. I remember him being toe to toe with CP3 before AL got hurt. The first 29 games he averaged 16.8 points, 8.2 assists and 2.9 rebounds with a 42.1 shooting percentage from the field and an average 5.8 free throw attempts per game. Now thats definitely a huge difference. Don't forget that the entire team was learning a new system. So those numbers could've been higher later in the year if Horford stayed healthy.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• Moderators

I think it's a mistake to blame offensive structure. You have to look at Westbrook. When Westbrook is out of the lineup, their PNR offense shines. They run it off the wing. This has been true with Dfish and with Jackson. However, when Westbrook enters the game, they play almost an isolation type offense. Where Westbrook stops the flow of the offense, waive off picks and plays what he wants to play. That's not the offensive structure's fault. Maybe you can blame the coach for not pulling Westbrook, but he may have the same problem that previous coaches here had with Smoove.

The offense is a problem come playoff time with or without Westbrook. It is, however, much better with him on the floor. This past season, the OKC offense was 4.5 points per 48 better with him on the floor than without him. Neither Fisher nor Jackson have close to that kind of positive impact. The previous season the OKC offense was 5.7 points per 48 better with Westbrook in 2012-13.

Scott Brooks does not employ much organizational structure for the OKC offense and doesn't give the team a lot of direction. That is the structure's fault and that fault manifests itself with both Durant and Westbrook (when both are on the floor together or when they are separate). They are so good, however, that Brooks can do the Woody and focus more on D to the exclusion of the O and their talent will make the offense look pretty good -- especially in the regular season.

What I can't tell if whether the problem with Westbrook's at times bad shot selection is correctable or not. The problem certainly does reflect on him negatively even apart from the system but the Thunder don't run anything that could correct that. Monte Ellis is not nearly as good a player as Westbrook but you can see the difference for him when he plays on a team without structure and when he played for Dallas last year within a stuctured offense under a vastly superior coach in Rick Carlisle. We have never seen an OKC coach who could put his print on the OKC offense and it leaves an open question in my mind.

I disagree.. Teague would've had a monster year if Horford was on the court. Most of Teagues passes were screwed over by poor shooting and over-passing. I remember him being toe to toe with CP3 before AL got hurt. The first 29 games he averaged 16.8 points, 8.2 assists and 2.9 rebounds with a 42.1 shooting percentage from the field and an average 5.8 free throw attempts per game. Now thats definitely a huge difference. Don't forget that the entire team was learning a new system. So those numbers could've been higher later in the year if Horford stayed healthy.

Which part do you disagree with? Even in his perfect start there he didn't average 9apg as Diesel was saying and no way could he do it for a season.

And if we started counting blown assists I'm quite confident that Teague's #'s would look just like any other PG.

Not sure why all of a sudden people think SG in a PGs body Teague is some upper echelon passer when that's always been a weakness of his. He's improved but he's not a natural and doesn't create passing lanes and opportunities for easy assists outside of the drawn up play.

• Premium Member

i think a lot of people forget this. We were not that good without Horf. We just managed to make the playoffs. However, by the end of the season, Teague had become comfortable with the offense. He still did have Mr. Effeciency (Horford) playing with him down the stretch, but he was able to make those guys he played with work.

Think about it.....

We lacked good defense.

We lacked inside scoring.

We lacked good rebounding.

We lacked rim protection

Still, we stood toe to toe with the league's best defense and was 3 minutes away from putting them away.

• Like 1