• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry missed on the #1 rule to getting a superstar, you must have one already

NBASupes

I expected the worst because the best never seems possible for this organization. The best guys to predict this team would be idiots. They know how to make terrible ideas and keep the status quo. 

Sign over the hill Deng. We can never sign guys in their prime, they have to be regressing and shit unless it's a role player like DMC or a total overpay like Joe. 

Someone with championship aspirations like me are horrible for predicting for this team.

You are no worse than the rest of us. Only one out of thirty wins, so most regular fans are dead wrong every season.

We are currently miles ahead of Charlotte and we can add 1 first round pick and have the cap space to add a significant player, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.  We were 3-1 against Charlotte last year with the only loss being by 2 points when they played their starting 5 and we sat Milsap, Carroll and Korver with Horford already being out. 

So yeah, we are a galaxy ahead of Charlotte and will continue to be.

I hate, HATE to defend Charlotte but we aren't miles ahead of them.  We are very close to equals as a team but I like our GM / coach combo more and I think we've got an extremely flexible roster to work with. 

We're not clearly ahead of them either.

Charlotte is the team to watch.  They can add 2 first round picks AND have the cap space to add a significant player.

locomotive.gif 

Charlotte has been the team to watch since the days of Okafor, Felton, and Augustine. 

Edited by Buzzard

Personally, I'm glad nobody is bulging. Could get awkward very quickly.

I laughed. Maybe I need to grow up.

To Supes... take it easy buddy. Even if we miss out on Melo or Lebron I trust Ferry to not make any panic signings. We might sign Deng to a cheap deal, we're not offering him $10M a year. I trust Ferry to do that at least. We'll draft well (you believe in that with Shredder and Bebe, yes?). I trust Ferry to do that as well.

With everyone healthy we'll make a push for the ECF. We might not get there, who knows, but we won't lay over the way we have in the past. We'll walk into next offseason with a good team AGAIN and cap to make a run at Durant. Seriously, though, I think making solid, under the radar signings could build a contender. If we sign Millsap, Deng and Dragic in consecutive years? With our player development? We're looking solid yo.

And I'll second Dolfan, dude. Maybe you should check some things out, I'm trying to say that in the nicest way possible. The Hawks shouldn't take this much out of you.

• Like 1

I hate, HATE to defend Charlotte but we aren't miles ahead of them.  We are very close to equals as a team but I like our GM / coach combo more and I think we've got an extremely flexible roster to work with. 

Nah, we are miles ahead of them.  Do you really expect MKG or Zeller to develop in to some stud?  Kemba is ok but he is small.  Give me Teague over Kemba.  We will go 3-1 at worst but probably 4-0 against them next season. 

Nah, we are miles ahead of them.  Do you really expect MKG or Zeller to develop in to some stud?  Kemba is ok but he is small.  Give me Teague over Kemba.  We will go 3-1 at worst but probably 4-0 against them next season. 

How are we miles ahead of them?  We're both pretty much at the same level and they've got more money to spend and more picks as well I believe. 

How are we miles ahead of them?  We're both pretty much at the same level and they've got more money to spend and more picks as well I believe. 

Far better coach.  I believe we have the better front office.  Jefferson and Kemba are their only players that could start in our lineup and I would prefer to start Horford since he is more versatile on both ends of the floor.  Teague is still better than kemba as well. 

Are you really trying to argue that Kemba/Henderson/MKG/McRoberts/Jefferson is anywhere close to Teague/Korver/Carroll/Milsap/Horford?  The results certainly paint a different picture as well as the eye test.

Edited by JETSET

Far better coach. I believe we have the better front office. Jefferson and Kemba are their only players that could start in our lineup and I would prefer to start Horford since he is more versatile on both ends of the floor. Teague is still better than kemba as well.

Are you really trying to argue that Kemba/Henderson/MKG/McRoberts/Jefferson is anywhere close to Teague/Korver/Carroll/Milsap/Horford? The results certainly paint a different picture as well as the eye test.

What results? We were both 1st round exits.

• Moderators

What results? We were both 1st round exits.

I think he is talking about Charlotte's better regular season record.

Seriously, I like our roster better than Charlotte's but both teams are in a similar space in the 'also-ran, playoff participant' category.

• Moderators

Think he means our head to head match up: 3-1

By that measure the Wizards are miles ahead of us with a 3-1 record against us last season (the 1 being an OT win).

The Bulls were 4-0 against us.  

H2H is too small of a sample size to mean much or to try to divine some great meaning if the record is 3-1 vs 2-2.  I would hope that he thinks Horford's return will push us to a different level and that is what he is arguing but I don't see much to argue in the results to set us apart.

It is not about aquiring a superstar it is about aquiring the best talent that fits the team. Ferry has been a joke at aquiring talent and this offseason is starting out the same as the rest.

• Like 1

It is not about aquiring a superstar it is about aquiring the best talent that fits the team. Ferry has been a joke at aquiring talent and this offseason is starting out the same as the rest.

You so crazy. Like, literally.

So Charlotte sees Vonleh fall right into their laps at #9 . . and get PJ Hariston later in the round, a guy that had he not been an idiot in college, would've been a lottery pick when he decided to come out.

But we are miles ahead of them?

The difference between us and Charlotte, is that the Cats Hornets are acquiring players that can help them right now, while we're acquiring a bunch of projects who might not even crack our rotation after 3 years of being drafted.

At some point, the honeymoon with this GM will be over for most of the fan base.  I'm just wondering when?

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member

Hornets did have a good draft. To the guy earlier that said our coach is far better than their coach I completely disagree. Bud is a better coach but it is close. They do in fact have a good coach with some good pieces. They made up for the Zeller bust with Vonleh who was supposed to go no later than 7. Instead they get him handed to them instead of drafting Another White Small Forward as they have done in the past.

I think we are about on even playing ground with the Hornets at this point.

• Like 1