43rd Pick - Walter Tavares

Admin

Let the Tavares jokes ensue. lol Loved Simmons joke about opening both car doors. lol

As for the pick... Love it. LONG player, true center, and now we almost have an overload of bigs considering Muscala, Pero, Bebe, Payne, and Tavares, not to leave out Sap, Scott, and Horford. Tavares will likely be stashed tho.

Oh, and Diesel nailed it.

Wow!...right on point @Diesel

Let the Tavares jokes ensue. lol  Loved Simmons joke about opening both car doors. lol

As for the pick... Love it.  LONG player, true center, and now we almost have an overload of bigs considering Muscala, Pero, Bebe, Payne, and Tavares, not to leave out Sap, Scott, and Horford.  Tavares will likely be stashed tho.

Oh, and Diesel nailed it.

Who nailed it?

This guy could definitely be an interesting choice in the 2nd round

Hate the pick! After drafting Payne, Ferry puts out a statement saying that Payne fits the Hawks style of Pace and Space basketball. Taveras obviously doesn't fit that style of play. Today's NBA is about ball movement and 3pt shooting. I would have moved up in draft to go after KJ McDaniels or Joe Harris. Our backup at SF last year was freakin Cartier Martin! Instead we sit tight and draft a giant stiff, when we already have BeBe in the pipeline. Another wasted pick by Ferry. I did like the Payne pick however.

Hate the pick! After drafting Payne, Ferry puts out a statement saying that Payne fits the Hawks style of Pace and Space basketball. Taveras obviously doesn't fit that style of play. Today's NBA is about ball movement and 3pt shooting. I would have moved up in draft to go after KJ McDaniels or Joe Harris. Our backup at SF last year was freakin Cartier Martin! Instead we sit tight and draft a giant stiff, when we already have BeBe in the pipeline. Another wasted pick by Ferry. I did like the Payne pick however.

Patterson may very well be better as a pro than McDaniels.  He's WAY, WAY better at shooting 3's so I'm pretty excited about that. 

Tavares is good at PnR's, protects the rim, is tall and long, and is mobile for his size.

Patterson may very well be better as a pro than McDaniels.  He's WAY, WAY better at shooting 3's so I'm pretty excited about that. 

Dude, he is. I can't believe after teams past on Wes Matthews that Patterson was available but this was a deep draft.

Wow:

"21 years old, from Cape Verde. He plays in the ACB. Started to play the game 3 years ago. 7-2, raw, but a very interesting prospect. Has become a starter this year and is leading the league in blocks per game.

Today he made a very good game against probably the best team in Europe right now, Real Madrid, putting 16 points, 12 rebounds and 4 blocks in just 28 minutes..."

+++

Well shoot - maybe you are right and I'm just bummed that we didn't do what I thought we should do. You give me hope.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I was hoping for Tavares with the 43rd pick, thought I posted something to that effect a few weeks ago but can't seem to find the thread.