• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Summer League Thread

NBASupes

They've always been on NBA TV judging from my past experiences 

Good to know - so there will be video out there at least.  Not paying for NBA TV just for the SL but sometimes the "pirate" sites will have a game or two.

We will be able to go old school and check the AJC boxes anyway.

I'm pulling for the big goon from Borneo yes.gif

Rick Kamla from NBA TV said on 92.9 The game today about Edy:

NBA personnel around from around the league at Orlando Summer League had good things to say about Edy - he's not just a draft stash, that he is a legitimate NBA prospect - much, much better than Bebe.

Sucks that DF seems to have missed on Bebe but I'm glad if he realizes he was the wrong pick he moved on from him quickly.

• Premium Member

Saturday, we start the Summer League.  I don't put much stock into Summer League but in this case, there's one player I want to see...

No... Not Jenkins.

No... Not Dennis.

No....Not Walter.

I do want to see Patterson but that's not who I am talking about.

I want to see D.J. Shelton!!!

I'm glad that our coaching staff gave this guy an invite.  His Journey is a mystery.  I don't know if he has Josh Smith Disease or if it's bad coaching.  From what I read, his coach wanted him to focus on rebounding and he became a 9.3 rpg PF/C.  He also put on 30 lbs of muscle while at WSU.  However, what intrigues me is that he plays C and puts up a lot of 3s... and he's not a good 3 pt shooter.  Still, his inside play looks like gangbusters.  He shots like 51% from the field.  I want to put eyes on this kid to see if he could make it in the NBA.  He may be a good stash into the NBDL for us.  I think he's closer to what we would want than Walter is right now.

I also want to see Patterson.  I think it will be a lot of showing between Patterson and Jenkins.  That dynamic in SL will be interesting because I believe that they are fighting for a pass to training camp.  I know Jenkins is already under contract but he has to show us something after all of our patience.

I suspect that Dennis will be the best PG on the roster... but damn...he's only 168 lbs.  I would like to see his match up against Josh Akognon but I guess I will have to wait for those results.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The SL League roster on NBA.com has Dennis now listed at 175lbs. He's put on some weight.

First to the mods... I really didn't see this thread.  My apologies for your inconveniences...  Back to Dennis..

Good.  Dennis needs weight.   I think Teague got better because he got up to 208 or so and was able to not be pushed around so easily.  At 168, 175... you can do this but expect to take a beating.

I just found out that we will not be on TV until Tuesday.. DAMN!!!

First to the mods... I really didn't see this thread.  My apologies for your inconveniences...  Back to Dennis..

Good.  Dennis needs weight.   I think Teague got better because he got up to 208 or so and was able to not be pushed around so easily.  At 168, 175... you can do this but expect to take a beating.

I just found out that we will not be on TV until Tuesday.. DAMN!!!

True - no live broadcast over weekend. That really sucks.

They do show the repeat sometime on Sunday (I will verify the time later)

Not that I haven't pimped ballstreams.com hard enough already but here's even more reason to love it. @Diesel @JayBirdHawk

100% FULL LIVE COVERAGE of the 2014 Summer league.

• Live NBA Summer League Games
  • Live NBA Pre-Season Games
  • Live NBA Regular Season Games
  • Live NBA Post Season Games
  • Live NBA© All-Star Game
  • Live NBA© Draft
  • Live NBA© Player Awards
  • Live NCAA Final Four Tournament Games
  • Live Olympics
  • On-demand Games
  • Trade Deadline on multiple stations
  • Video is streamed on based on your internet connection. The maximum bitrate for our streams is 3200Kbps (3.2MB/s), and the minimum is 800Kbps (0.8MB/s).
  • Plus much, much, more!

Because we offer so much, and are utilizing so many resources; we ask for a donation in order to gain access to the best streaming service on the planet! 

Donation amounts are:

$27.99 for Playoff Special (Today, until 06/30/2014) *** PROMOTION
$5.99 for 1 Day
$12.49 for 1 Week
$17.49 for 1 Month
$34.99 for 3 Months
$54.99 for 6 Months
$89.99 for 1 Year

Rick Kamla from NBA TV said on 92.9 The game today about Edy:

NBA personnel around from around the league at Orlando Summer League had good things to say about Edy - he's not just a draft stash, that he is a legitimate NBA prospect - much, much better than Bebe.

Sucks that DF seems to have missed on Bebe but I'm glad if he realizes he was the wrong pick he moved on from him quickly.

This is very exciting to hear! 

• Premium Member

BsNBFS0IQAA7hND.jpg

In the NBA, everybody is tall.  And you would expect foreign 7'3" to look akward.  However, what I have seen of Walter thus far.... He looks coordinated.  He may not "know" the game all that well, but I'm getting the feeling that if we stash him for one more year with his coach, that he may come over and be awesome!!

BsNBFS0IQAA7hND.jpg

In the NBA, everybody is tall.  And you would expect foreign 7'3" to look akward.  However, what I have seen of Walter thus far.... He looks coordinated.  He may not "know" the game all that well, but I'm getting the feeling that if we stash him for one more year with his coach, that he may come over and be awesome!!

Hmmm

• Premium Member

Hmmm

Actually, that was again a mistake.  I was just trying to talk about Walter... not SL.  I like the prospect of him being stashed and coming back next year with more experience.  I used to picture to show his size in comparison to the rest of our players namely Mike.  He is a good looking specimen  7'3" and full of muscles!

Actually, that was again a mistake.  I was just trying to talk about Walter... not SL.  I like the prospect of him being stashed and coming back next year with more experience.  I used to picture to show his size in comparison to the rest of our players namely Mike.  He is a good looking specimen  7'3" and full of muscles!

Its a summer league pic though man. This is the place to talk about him. Take a look at JayBird's post talking about him. 

They said Wiggins is going against Parker tonight - will have to check the papers tomorrow to see how that works out.

By the way - if anybody likes to check the newspapers around the country when something "pops up"  go to a site called "Newsprism.com".  It is a simple linkage site that was originally set around politics - but towards the bottom it has a fairly extensive batch of links to all the major newspapers websites around the country.  It has almost no advertising and no pop-ups.

www.newsprism.com

It's a really good tool...I keep it saved as a "favorite" just to be able to move around quickly to various news sites (of course I'm old-school so you yunguns probably have something better).

Edited by DJlaysitup

League pass international broadband includes all summerleague games and isnt that expensive now (about 17 EUR) how about the American packages?

Its als possible to by an extra summerleague package somewhere (summerleague web page or nba.com) which I used last year.

I already watched some orlando sl games are exited for tonight and the start of the regular season....