• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's your choice at SF?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I agree. The only way I touch Deng is if his wrist is repaired......which should make his shooting form return.

I just can't see Parson and Korver defending George and Stephenson for a 7 game series............much less Wade and James. I think Deng could defend George and Lebron pretty well.

I don't want another guy out on the perimeter jacking up threes.  Put Scott at SF if that's the case.  The way I see it... offensively:

Horf/Teague playing 2 man game Pick and Pop High post.  Sap in the midrange.  Korver on the perimeter.    The defense is spread out.  This is where we need that one guy who can either Post up in the low post opposite Horf or can catch the ball in the midrange and drive.  I have watched Deng become really good at doing both of these things.  We don't need him out on the perimeter at the top of the key trying to drain a three.  That's low percentage, gives the defense too much rest.  They'll be able to key in on everything we're trying to do even if we swing the ball.  This is why I felt that Melo could be a good fit.  He's a post up Sf who can also drive.  I think Deng is right there with him.  All day long you guys say, we need another shooter.  That's wrongheaded in it's approach.

• Premium Member

Get Luol Deng.  Why are we even debating this?

You heard him say it... when he gets his shoulders in the lane, he's hard to stop.  That's what we need... plus a defensive presence that can stop Paul George.

I hate the idea of getting Deng just to be back to a lock for a 2nd round exit. Can't we just get rid of Teague, get a real PG so we can start getting the most out of our personnel. If we do that, I will be ten times happier than just signing a player to put us in 2nd round exit region.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I will say this, it's normally Ferry's MO to wait and see what's going on and try to get a deal. At least the last two years. This is the year that I think he has to be aggressive if we are to improve the SF position. Day 1 needs to be talking to someone.

Get Luol Deng.  Why are we even debating this?

Well, a few highlights convinces me!

No, you can do that with anyone. People can call this guy that Paul George stopper or whatever... But the bottom line is that this team is about offense and moving the ball, and so in big games you can't count on Deng making his shots. It's just like it was with Pero Antić. If they get some production from him they probably would have beaten Indiana.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

Sign Deng, then our roster is complete:

Deng / Carroll / Patterson

Millsap / Scott / Payne

Horford / Antić / Muscala

Teague / Mack / Schröder

Korver / Williams / Jenkins

Complete for what?? First round exit??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, just a bunch of Braves fans chiming in.

Where would you put Ariza and Deng in your list?

I would put Ariza right with Turner or slightly beneath.  I really don't want much to do with Luol Deng.  

I'm with you Sturt this guy is very under valued. He can defend the 3 get out on the break and hit the corner 3. He would go from being below average rebounder at PF to a good rebounding SF.

He also would be at worst the second best post player on this team. We desperately need people who can get high percentage shots; we have enough jump shooters.

Best of all Philly doesn't really seem to want him.

I'm with you Sturt this guy is very under valued. He can defend the 3 get out on the break and hit the corner 3. He would go from being below average rebounder at PF to a good rebounding SF.

He also would be at worst the second best post player on this team. We desperately need people who can get high percentage shots; we have enough jump shooters.

Best of all Philly doesn't really seem to want him.

It just depends on what we'll have to give up to get him. Lou and a 2nd. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Yes Batum would be awesome. That being said he isn't going anywhere. There really aren't a lot of good options out there via free agent market. Maybe we make a trade and bring in someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None are good fits. Deng and Ariza are solid fits. Parsons, I don't see it. Hayward, is a good fit but he's not available.

The perfect fit would be Nic Batum.

Deng brings things like a post up game, but with our offense... We shoot so many outside shots and I'm not sure how often Deng would get to post up here.

But, there is a chance the Hawks get nobody and the team wins 35-40 games again this year.