• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wojo: Deng Strong Candidate for Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

Everyone raise their hand if you saw or heard about the Louis trade before it happened

Crickets?  Okay so why are you buying that Ferry's free agency plans are already determined and revealed?

It's hard to buy into a lot of things with Ferry at this point. Some bought into the D12/Cp3 hype. Some bought into building a team like the Spurs (without the engine that runs that tank). However, a move like this wouldn't surprise many. We just hope that at that price, Deng doesn't happen. 

Edited by Mdizzle5

We all know its not going to be Carmelo or Lebron. We all know that Parsons and Hayward have a lot of suitors and we don't typically win those battles. We have been linked to Monroe and Deng, and both are questionable for this team. I am really not excited about whats to come hopefully it will surprise me in a good way.

• Premium Member

So again we're looking at best a 2nd round team.  This team literally hasn't changed in a decade and that's not a good thing.  We have terrible expectations for our favorite basketball franchise.  At least when we were in the lottery we had actual hope for landing a star.  Now the franchise gives us false hope with "flexibility" that leads to nothing but the same old playoffs appearances that end badly.

That's my concern as well. Once your main goal in FA is to get a Deng  type of player, well, your team officially has given up on ever winning a title. Give us a meaningless second round at best playoff exit for, lemme think, a decade now under three different GMs but the same ownership.

• Like 1

Braves have the same problems they had during the cox era and pretty much haven't done anything to improve/evolve the franchise.

The falcons have stuck with the same coach who has squandered potential Super Bowl contending teams threw or four times

See everything sucks

Except auburn war eagle

Life;s a bitch.  Deal with it. 

That's my concern as well. Once your main goal in FA is to get a Deng  type of player, well, your team officially has given up on ever winning a title. Give us a meaningless second round at best playoff exit for, lemme think, a decade now under three different GMs but the same ownership.

Here is the deal... 

Unless Ferry can pull off some magical trade most of what we do will result in first or second round exits. Superstars are not going to sign here. Through the draft is where the Hawks will most likely get that player, but we're never bad enough to have a shot at getting that player. The FA game has been a loser for the Hawks for decades, and Bud's system is not going to change that.

The Spurs have had a model franchise for years now, but the players still want to go to NY and Chicago. We hear this over and over again. Even with FA you often have to overcome the fact that the team often has the right to match a deal or offer the FA the most money. So, it's even harder for a franchise like the Hawks to land a star through FA.

• Like 1

Here is the deal... 

Unless Ferry can pull off some magical trade most of what we do will result in first or second round exits. Superstars are not going to sign here. Through the draft is where the Hawks will most likely get that player, but we're never bad enough to have a shot at getting that player. The FA game has been a loser for the Hawks for decades, and Bud's system is not going to change that.

The Spurs have had a model franchise for years now, but the players still want to go to NY and Chicago. We hear this over and over again. Even with FA you often have to overcome the fact that the team often has the right to match a deal or offer the FA the most money. So, it's even harder for a franchise like the Hawks to land a star through FA.

Don't worry, Ferry understands this. That's why he's building through the draft.

• Premium Member

YES! Let's build through the draft.

I think we landed 9-10 superstars with lottery picks in the early 2000s... But where are they know? Oh wait... 2nd pick Marvin, 5th pick Shelden, 6th pick Childress... and so on.

We're not immortals. Some of us want to see this team win it all in our current lifetime. Building through the draft is not an option for some fans when we stunk at it for 7-8 consecutive years.

I guess the tank commanders are ready to hijack every single thread from now on...

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 3

People will complain whatever DF does.

They complained when Korver was signed (6M? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? OVERPAID).

They complained when Teague was matched (8M? HOLY F! OVERPAID)

They complained when Smith was shown the door (AWWWWWW... He's gone for nothing! Fire LD!)

They complained when Millsap was signed (9.5M per? I'd only have paid 7. OVERPAID BUM!)

Smh... you infidels.

then people say "I love Horford, but I'd trade him if the team would get better", but then they cry "the sky is falling" when friggin LOU WILLIAMS and a project big who no one even knows he'll ever play in the NBA get traded for cap space...

You serious?

LOL, I love this board. We're all armchair GMs here... And won't let the actual one do his job without complaining.

As a geologist, I know if some guy shows a tiny piece of rock to 50 geologists, he's probably get 49 different stories about that rock. Any move DF makes, we'll all have different opinions about it.

But at the end of the day, it is what it is...

I hated the JJ trade, and nowadays I understand I was wrong. I loved the LW trade, and this time I'm hoping I'm right.

Amen!!!  People are acting like this trade, of two players who currently provide no benefit to the team, is the end of the world.  You all haven't even let free agency play out to see who our additions will be.  Instead, you are all freaking out for no reason.

Give it a couple of weeks and let's see what our team looks like before you start passing judgement.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think we landed 9-10 superstars with lottery picks in the early 2000s... But where are they know? Oh wait... 2nd pick Marvin, 5th pick Shelden, 6th pick Childress... and so on.

We're not immortals. Some of us want to see this team win it all in our current lifetime. Building through the draft is not an option for some fans when we stunk at it for 7-8 consecutive years.

No one said the draft was an exact science. The reality is our idiot GM at the time in BK blew some easy calls and we suffered as a result. The truth  is had he gotten some of those calls right then we may have had a championship team at this point or at least have been a real contender.

• Like 1

I guess the tank commanders are ready to hijack every single thread from now on...

Uh.... We were a  hellva lot closer to drafting a star (Chris Paul) than we are getting one through FA.

SUPERSTARS DO NOT WANT TO PLAY HERE.

How much clearer does it need to be before people understand this? 

• Like 1

If New York was such a hot destination they might have been good in the past 15 years or so. It's a myth.

Except they've had hot trash at GM who've had them in horrible position. When's the last time the Knicks had crazy amounts of cap space?

People will complain whatever DF does.

They complained when Korver was signed (6M? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? OVERPAID).

They complained when Teague was matched (8M? HOLY F! OVERPAID)

They complained when Smith was shown the door (AWWWWWW... He's gone for nothing! Fire LD DF!)

They complained when Millsap was signed (9.5M per? I'd only have paid 7. OVERPAID BUM!)

Smh... you infidels.

then people say "I love Horford, but I'd trade him if the team would get better", but then they cry "the sky is falling" when friggin LOU WILLIAMS and a project big who no one even knows he'll ever play in the NBA get traded for cap space...

You serious?

LOL, I love this board. We're all armchair GMs here... And won't let the actual one do his job without complaining.

As a geologist, I know if some guy shows a tiny piece of rock to 50 geologists, he's probably get 49 different stories about that rock. Any move DF makes, we'll all have different opinions about it.

But at the end of the day, it is what it is...

I hated the JJ trade, and nowadays I understand I was wrong. I loved the LW trade, and this time I'm hoping I'm right.

Well said