• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wojo: Deng Strong Candidate for Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member

They've all got real questions.

Parsons - limited defensively, restricted free agent so Houston can match.

Hayward - also restricted, limited defensively and had a horrible year offensively last year.

Ariza - had his career best year last year but it might have been a fluke and he doesn't create his own offense.

Deng - can no longer shoot efficiently, has an injured wrist that needs surgery, has a ton of mileage on his body.

All will cost as much as Millsap and maybe none of them are truly worth it.

So I guess my next question would be why did we trade a young player and Lou to get cap space for a wing?   The only thing I would be able to think of would be a trade.

You absolutely need him to shoot a good % if he can't create his own offense and is only going to take open looks.  He nailed those shots last season but missed a lot of them earlier in his contract.  A sub-.500% TS% won't cut it.

I'll take Ariza if he holds Lebron James to 17 points as he did once last season.

His defense is exceptional. 

Shooting can go hot and cold...........but defense should always there and he is a hell of a defender.

I may be confusing Ariza with some one else.............but it seems like he hits most of his 3's from the corner....at least that is what I remember him doing back to his Lakers days. I think if you have a system that places him in the corners that his 3FG % will remain high. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trevor+Ariza+shot+chart&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=lcqxU8OFFoKBqgatsYL4BA&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=707#facrc=_&imgrc=h0HZiUb7oyG6EM%253A%3BvPrXx7A1ZdS_3M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.truthaboutit.net%252Fwordpress%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2014%252F03%252F20140305-trevor-ariza-shot-chart-to-date.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.truthaboutit.net%252F2014%252F03%252Fariza-bruh-a-chill-life-from-beyond-the-arc-speaks-after-playing-jazz.html%3B652%3B613

Yep.........just searched and memory is correct this time.

Last year he shot 44% from the left corner 3 and 47% from the right corner 3. (Probably better from the right since John Wall probably drove the ball to the right more effectively.

Edited by coachx

I'm trying to get you to prove the argument you made. Did you or did you not say that nobody else gave him a max offer? 

If 56 million is a max offer to you.  I guess only one other team offering a contract to Amar'e surely proves your argument that he was very desirable though.

• Moderators

I'll take Ariza if he holds Lebron James to 17 points as he did once last season.

His defense is exceptional. 

Shooting can go hot and cold...........but defense should always there and he is a hell of a defender.

I may be confusing Ariza with some one else.............but it seems like he hits most of his 3's from the corner....at least that is what I remember him doing back to his Lakers days. I think if you have a system that places him in the corners that his 3FG % will remain high. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trevor+Ariza+shot+chart&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=lcqxU8OFFoKBqgatsYL4BA&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=707#facrc=_&imgrc=h0HZiUb7oyG6EM%253A%3BvPrXx7A1ZdS_3M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.truthaboutit.net%252Fwordpress%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2014%252F03%252F20140305-trevor-ariza-shot-chart-to-date.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.truthaboutit.net%252F2014%252F03%252Fariza-bruh-a-chill-life-from-beyond-the-arc-speaks-after-playing-jazz.html%3B652%3B613

Yep.........just searched and memory is correct this time.

Last year he shot 44% from the left corner 3 and 47% from the right corner 3. (Probably better from the right since John Wall probably drove the ball to the right more effectively.

Last season was Ariza's great shooting year.  The year before that was good.  The 3 years before that were terrible.

If Ariza could hold guys like James waayyy down consistently  I would definitely buy into that too.  Unfortunately, James has averaged 25.1 ppg, 8 rpg, and 7 apg head to head against Ariza so it hasn't been quite that good.  I do agree that Ariza has baseline value with his defense and don't have a problem paying for that.  It is paying for last season's offense that I wouldn't be willing to do.

And the season before that. He was headed back this past year but he got traded.

If thats the case, how can anyone be upset at adding an allstar to our lineup for a reasonable deal?

people will never seem to be satisfied unless we acquire a top 5 talent. Deng will fit this team perfectly and we will still remain flexible.

If thats the case, how can anyone be upset at adding an allstar to our lineup for a reasonable deal?

Liberal use of the word "allstar"... Did you want Iverson when he was going to allstar games while never actually playing because going to allstar games must mean he was still good...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Liberal use of the word "allstar"... Did you want Iverson when he was going to allstar games while never actually playing because going to allstar games must mean he was still good...

Deng wasn't winning the popularity contests...  Deng was voted in by the coaches.  There's a little more respect in that.

Ariza's entire offense consists of spot up 3's and transition 3's. He doesn't come off screens like Korver.

Is his defense 7-9 million dollars better than Carroll's?

Yeah but he's a nice third option coming off a pnr/pnp and I think his game can get better with proper coaching which I believe we have.

As for his defense he can hang with elite guys for stretches I think good coaching fixes a lot of gaps he may have. I'm kinda starting to fall for me so I'm being biased here too I'll admir

Yeah but he's a nice third option coming off a pnr/pnp and I think his game can get better with proper coaching which I believe we have.

As for his defense he can hang with elite guys for stretches I think good coaching fixes a lot of gaps he may have. I'm kinda starting to fall for me so I'm being biased here too I'll admir

Ariza doesn't have a pnr/pnp game. Never has.

Deng has hung with elite guys routinely and his Defensive PPP numbers in Chicago (heck even Cleveland though they are not his best) last year look much better than Ariza's.

people will never seem to be satisfied unless we acquire a top 5 talent. Deng will fit this team perfectly and we will still remain flexible.

Flexible for what? We're going to have the same level of a team that we had before.

Token all star in the east... Who cares?

If a wing player is making the all star team shooting in the low 40's and high 20's in 3's... That does not reflect very good on the conference. The Bulls also kept on winning without him. Deng lacks shooting and athletic ability now. He looks like a 40 year old man out there.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

If 56 million is a max offer to you. I guess only one other team offering a contract to Amar'e surely proves your argument that he was very desirable though.

I never said 56 million was a max offer. But you've yet to disprove your claim that he didn't have other (besides the Suns offer) max offers. I know you'll never admit you were wrong but you are here, unless you can prove otherwise.