• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Thabo Sefolosha to a 3 years $12 million contract

GrimeyKidd

Oh yeah he was coming off of injury.  

So you're upset that we gave 1 more year to a guy who played big minutes for the 2nd best team in the West than what was given to a guy playing at the local park last season?  I mean you really, honestly think that we couldn't trade him any time we wanted after seeing the JJ and Marvin trades? 

Listen don't keep bringing Gordon up here and using him as an example to say this trade was good ok. Gordon is a bum as well. Let's be clear. Have you ever seen Thabo play? You act like because he was on a good team starting and playing 25min a game he is automatically good. Well I've seen him play a lot since coming into the league and he is mediocre at best. He is one dimensional to a tee with ZERO offense. Yeah he can occasionally hit a wide open 3 like most players but he does nothing else well on offense. His defense is declining as well which is why the Thunder benched him and had no interest in resigning him. Those are facts.

• Premium Member

Go look up C-Vivs Twitter and come back to me.  Then maybe, maybe, you'll understand why we needed a guy who could shoot the 3 and play D.  I'll wait. 

Are you saying that we didn't have that in DMC?

<PRE>                                                                                                                                    
Rk            Player  Season Age  G GS   MP  FG FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P 2PA  2P%  FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
1    DeMarre Carroll 2013-14  27 73 73 32.1 4.1 8.8 .470 1.3 3.7 .362 2.8 5.1 .548 1.5 1.9 .773 1.5 4.1 5.5 1.8 1.5 0.3 1.1 2.6 11.1
2    Thabo Sefolosha 2013-14  29 61 61 26.0 2.3 5.6 .415 0.8 2.5 .316 1.5 3.1 .495 0.9 1.1 .768 0.8 2.8 3.6 1.5 1.3 0.3 0.9 1.5  6.3
</PRE>
Edited by Diesel

Since so many of you who are hating on this respect JDub, here's his thoughts on the signing...

It's probably been mentioned four or five times already (too lazy to scroll the whole thread), but it's a hard-T "Thabo", like "Tae-Bo," right? I wanna reserve my "Th" phonetics for when I really need 'em... er, them.

EDIT: Never mind! PronounceThatAthlete's got my back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtL1C0VlTIY

~lw3

I feel you creeping, I can see it from my shadow

Wanna jump up in my Lamborghini Gallardo

Maybe go to my place and just kick it like TaeBo

And possibly bend you over look back and watch me

Thabo isn't half the player Deng is, let's be real for a minute, I'd rather spend the extra money on someone who is actually good then someone who is good at one thing (defense) and mediocre at the rest

Haha you guys kill me.  Deng has TWICE as many minutes played in his career than Thabo and somehow Thabo is at the end of his career and can't get better and he's old and done and ONE sub-par season.  Yet Deng's shooting goes down for TWO straight years, he's got a wrist that requires surgery and he wants at least three times as much money as Thabo and some of y'all think Deng would be a better signing.  #hawksfansbetrippin

• Moderators

I seriously don't understand why fans hate this signing.  Lou wasn't the same after the ACL injury, is undersized, plays zero defense, and was getting paid over $5 mil to waste away on the bench.  Thabo is 6'7", has a good track record on not being injured, plays excellent defense, hits 3pters, and is only getting paid $4 mil.  You guys act like he'll start over KK or something. SMDH.  Hawks fans never happy.

danny_ferry_061312-thumb-510x345-14213.j

IFWT

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS BUM IS NOT WORTH A 3YR/12MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT. HE IS WORTH THE VET MIN AT BEST AT THIS STAGE OF HIS CAREER. THAT IS MY PROBLEM WITH THIS SIGNING. WE JUST BLEW 4mil of our cap space on a back up at best.

You lost me at ALL CAPS.  You'll find it at the left side of your keyboard, just touch it once to turn it off.  Then I'll take you seriously.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I feel you creeping, I can see it from my shadow

Wanna jump up in my Lamborghini Gallardo

Maybe go to my place and just kick it like TaeBo

And possibly bend you over look back and watch me

ShelvinMack that all on the floor?

(y'all shut up, the rest of you! lol)

~lw3

Listen don't keep bringing Gordon up here and using him as an example to say this trade was good ok. Gordon is a bum as well. Let's be clear. Have you ever seen Thabo play? You act like because he was on a good team starting and playing 25min a game he is automatically good. Well I've seen him play a lot since coming into the league and he is mediocre at best. He is one dimensional to a tee with ZERO offense. Yeah he can occasionally hit a wide open 3 like most players but he does nothing else well on offense. His defense is declining as well which is why the Thunder benched him and had no interest in resigning him. Those are facts.

Nope never saw him on the Bulls or the Thunder.  I'm feeling pretty good that this guy has found a way to get open to make 325 threes in his career. I wonder how he gets so wide open? 

The Hawks needed a guy who can hit a 3 from the SG spot if Korver is out.  They needed a guy who can play oustanding D at SF if DMC is out. Check and check.  We were something like 1-19 last year when one or both of those guys were out.  Something like that any way, according to what C-Viv posted earlier. 

ShelvinMack that all on the floor?

(y'all shut up, the rest of you! lol)

~lw3

Lmao haha niiiice. You n I might give Kris Kross a run for their money lol

Are you saying that we didn't have that in DMC?

<PRE>                                                                                                                                    
Rk            Player  Season Age  G GS   MP  FG FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P 2PA  2P%  FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
1    DeMarre Carroll 2013-14  27 73 73 32.1 4.1 8.8 .470 1.3 3.7 .362 2.8 5.1 .548 1.5 1.9 .773 1.5 4.1 5.5 1.8 1.5 0.3 1.1 2.6 11.1
2    Thabo Sefolosha 2013-14  29 61 61 26.0 2.3 5.6 .415 0.8 2.5 .316 1.5 3.1 .495 0.9 1.1 .768 0.8 2.8 3.6 1.5 1.3 0.3 0.9 1.5  6.3
</PRE>

I'm saying you didn't go look up what our record was without Kyle and/or DMC last year.  He's not here to replace either guy, he's here to back them up and fill in when they're injured. 

He will have better chances to launch them since he dont have ISO Power team of KD and Russ the Wonder Dog(I was going to say M U T T)

Yep and as much as many of us were hoping for a "get your own shot" shooter - to be fair - Bud's system is all about getting open shots for shooters anyway.  So if the system works, paying more for a guy who can get his own shot would technically be a waste of money - like putting a mechanic on retainer and then buying a Honda.

As for Dolfan's concern about my occasional negativity - I will admit I am sometimes - I didn't really like the Bebe pick - figured he was a bean pole who would likely never put on enough weight to be a force for us. (of course - to be fair - I was a big fan of the Shelden pick "the Landlord")

My guess is this pick works out pretty good.

Haha you guys kill me.  Deng has TWICE as many minutes played in his career than Thabo and somehow Thabo is at the end of his career and can't get better and he's old and done and ONE sub-par season.  Yet Deng's shooting goes down for TWO straight years, he's got a wrist that requires surgery and he wants at least three times as much money as Thabo and some of y'all think Deng would be a better signing.  #hawksfansbetrippin

Deng plays twice as many minutes because he actually has earned the PT. You seem to forget that Thabo fell out of the rotation of the Thunder who don't even have a good bench, and you talk about declining but you forget to mention his awful 2014 shooting. For someone who was trashing the Hawks trading BeBe cuz we weren't gonna do anything special with it, if you think Thabo is special or worth that move, IDK what to even say to you then.

Yep and as much as many of us were hoping for a "get your own shot" shooter - to be fair - Bud's system is all about getting open shots for shooters anyway.  So if the system works, paying more for a guy who can get his own shot would technically be a waste of money - like putting a mechanic on retainer and then buying a Honda.

As for Dolfan's concern about my occasional negativity - I will admit I am sometimes - I didn't really like the Bebe pick - figured he was a bean pole who would likely never put on enough weight to be a force for us. (of course - to be fair - I was a big fan of the Shelden pick "the Landlord")

My guess is this pick works out pretty good.

Hey this time last year you had us believing in some random Tweet from your son that we'd just signed  Bynum hahaha.  You're best off when you're drunk and looking like Soda Popinski up in here. 

Hey this time last year you had us believing in some random Tweet from your son that we'd just signed  Bynum hahaha.  You're best off when you're drunk and looking like Soda Popinski up in here. 

I apologize for all my shortcomings blum2.gif ...now if you will excuse me...it's cocktail hour.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1