Diesel

• Premium Member

Our lineup should look like this:

Monroe/Muscala/Antić

Horf/Sap

Deng/DMC

Korver/Thabo/Jenkins

Teague/Mack/Dennis

Deng = 5 year 40 Million (SNT Salmons for Deng)

Monroe = 5 year 60.5 Million (SNT Detroit: Payne,  and 2 future 1st).

Sap = 6th man of the year and allstar.

Horf gets a look at PF.

I wouldn't be mad at all if it happened this way.  This team is deep and versatile.

• Premium Member

Where is this money to get both Monroe and Deng going to come from? It seems to me that the Hawks could only afford one of them.

Like I posted.

We sign and trade Salmons for Deng....  That doesn't touch our money 11.5 in the cap.

Then we sign Monroe using 11.0 Million as a start and to correct myself, that would be a 5 year 63 Million dollar deal as a sign and trade of Payne + 2 1sts for Monroe.

The question is why would each team do the deals.

Well, Cleveland doesn't lose nothing, in fact, they get some capspace for fixing their Lebron deal.

Detroit gets Payne who played at MSU and 2 first rounders for Monroe.

Cavs get a overpaid player whom they'd have to pay at least $1 million. Unless they don't need him for an other SNT they will let deng go for nothing because that's cheaper

Edited by rd79

Like I posted.

We sign and trade Salmons for Deng....  That doesn't touch our money 11.5 in the cap.

Then we sign Monroe using 11.0 Million as a start and to correct myself, that would be a 5 year 63 Million dollar deal as a sign and trade of Payne + 2 1sts for Monroe.

The question is why would each team do the deals.

Well, Cleveland doesn't lose nothing, in fact, they get some capspace for fixing their Lebron deal.

Detroit gets Payne who played at MSU and 2 first rounders for Monroe.

I'm not good on the whole cap thing... I don't understand why Salmons contract does not count against the cap. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I'm not good on the whole cap thing... I don't understand why Salmons contract does not count against the cap. 

if you waive him you free up room.  we could trade him to a team looking to free up space.  or we could just waive him.  I'm not sure if d's numbers are right, though.

• Premium Member

Another nonsensical post....we trade our pick before he even plays...sigh

For Greg Monroe!!!

Are you one of these guys that get so caught up on a player because we picked him?  Payne is great... don't get me wrong, but he's a duplication of Sap.  We knew that from the start.  Don't build up this allegience with him because we picked him, if he can be used to get us a better player, then use him.  He's from MSU, there's a possibility that we drafted him with a trade to Detroit in mind...  Ferry's risky calculation.  Just like trading Bebe.

• Premium Member

if you waive him you free up room.  we could trade him to a team looking to free up space.  or we could just waive him.  I'm not sure if d's numbers are right, though.

If we were going to waive him, we would have done it already and would not have asked for an extension.  My guess is we want to trade him to another team that would either waive him or trade him on.  Cleveland is looking for Lebron or Love.  They have the money but they would need a way to get players to go around him.  Salmons is a good contract to do just that.

Yeah your numbers are way off. The 11 millionish we have now is assuming we waive Salmons.

With Horford, Millsap, Salmons, Korver, Schröder, Teague, DMC, Jenkins and Payne we've got 50 million.

Then you've got Scott, Mack, Patterson who have another 6 million or so in cap holds.

So basically we have about 5-6 million to spend with Salmons on the roster. You can SnT Salmons for Deng and at 8 million you cut out another 1 million of our space. No room to get a guy like Monroe or even close without trading Millsap.

• Premium Member

Pete? Pete Babcock? Is that you? I always suspected this all these years. Did you not learn your lesson when you gave up the vault for Rider?!?

There is no freakin way I would give up THREE first round picks for the second-best big man in Detroit. That's just not even barely on the radar.

• Premium Member

Pete? Pete Babcock? Is that you? I always suspected this all these years. Did you not learn your lesson when you gave up the vault for Rider?!?

There is no freakin way I would give up THREE first round picks for the second-best big man in Detroit. That's just not even barely on the radar.

If it were possible to do so and still get Deng, I'd do it.  However, it's not.

At some point, you have to quit pick worship.  Think about what Ferry has done with 2 first rounders for the past two years?  He has stashed them and a third sits on the bench as our third string PG if Mack comes back.

I figure, if we could have it all, We'd be so good that those first rounders would be meaningless.  Similar to an early second rounded so the loss would be in a good young prospect in Payne. However, I also believe that Ferry is more likely to resign Sap than to trade him, so having Payne could be just duplication.

Rumbling about Bosh getting a max contract could have a huge impact for the Hawks.  if he went to Dallas or Houston or ??? they would have to dump some cap money and that'd make a deal for Salmons that much more viable.  Here's hoping the Heat dynasty falls apart. 

Here's the current spreadsheet per a recent Jason Walker tweet...

Brs8cgzIEAAYpRa.png

That's not accurate. Add the numbers up yourself and you'll see they're not including Salmons in the cap room. I'm guessing maybe that's what the ** is next to his name.

The total dollars on the right are good and put us around 56, they're just not showing a column with Salmons kept in the cap space.

Rumbling about Bosh getting a max contract could have a huge impact for the Hawks. if he went to Dallas or Houston or ??? they would have to dump some cap money and that'd make a deal for Salmons that much more viable. Here's hoping the Heat dynasty falls apart.

Dallas will not even offer Melo the max. Bosh is not going there.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

That's not accurate. Add the numbers up yourself and you'll see they're not including Salmons in the cap room. I'm guessing maybe that's what the ** is next to his name.

The total dollars on the right are good and put us around 56, they're just not showing a column with Salmons kept in the cap space.

He's assuming Salmons is bought-out at $1 mil. And with that, I get 49.8m... which is what he gets. What am I missing?

He's assuming Salmons is bought-out at $1 mil. And with that, I get 49.8m... which is what he gets. What am I missing?

It's confusing as it shows Salmons on the roster AND the max cap space that we'd get with him bought out. I think that's why Diesel got confused.

• Like 1