• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavs engaged Hawks in trade talks a week ago to clear max spot

Admin

I have read that Deng doesn't want to come to Atlanta unless jarret jack comes with him!

I got that from a rumor online plus I have a family member up in ohio that confirmed hearing that on the radio.

If ferry wants deng so bad looks like he's got to bring Jarrett jack with him.

In Deng's case I think its more about show me the money than anything else. He was publicly upset when the Bulls traded him away; yet he turned down thirty million dollars in Chicago which would have kept him there.

I have read that Deng doesn't want to come to Atlanta unless jarret jack comes with him!

I got that from a rumor online plus I have a family member up in ohio that confirmed hearing that on the radio.

weird rumor but again aren't they all? Hopefully I'm just missing the joke here and can blame work on a monday after 3 days off..

weird rumor but again aren't they all? Hopefully I'm just missing the joke here and can blame work on a monday after 3 days off..

I don't know if it's true I'm just passing along the info I have received since hawks are after deng.

• Like 1

shok.gif

What - he played with him for like 4 months.  

If that is true then Deng needs to take less money if he expects DF to take on Jack's contract.

This is one weird rumor.

Hmmmm...interesting. I guess we gotta do what we gotta do. Clear salary for next year, get picks, whatever it takes. Work your magic Danny!!!

shok.gif

If that is true then Deng needs to take less money if he expects DF to take on Jack's contract.

This is one weird rumor.

It is weird but I can see it. When Jack left the Warriors, a lot of players were upset, as we're fans. He brings a lot of fire and passion to the game. I didn't see it much last year as a member of the Cavs but I saw it a ton with GS. I can see how Deng might like playing with him.

shok.gif

This is one weird rumor.

I agree lol....but it's just a rumor hopefully it's false. If true deng can kiss my ass and we just move on to the next target.

It is weird but I can see it. When Jack left the Warriors, a lot of players were upset, as we're fans. He brings a lot of fire and passion to the game. I didn't see it much last year as a member of the Cavs but I saw it a ton with GS. I can see how Deng might like playing with him.

Deng loved playing in Chicago as well; but he turned down 3 years and 30 million without batting an eye. Dude wants to get paid; and he better be careful. One week from now; the free agent money pool will be drying up fast.

Jarrett Jack didn't do much of anything at all in Cleveland but he was pretty dope in Toronto (most of the time), New Orleans, and Golden State. Not to mention he was a stud at GT. tongue.png

So going forward is he what he was in Cleveland? Or was that just a fluke/a sign of how bad Cleveland was? I think he would be an excellent backup PG for just about any team, but if we're taking on Jarrett Jack then one of two things needs to happen first:

A) We give up completely on Schröder. You can't bring another backup PG in if you expect to continue developing this guy. I don't like this plan.

-OR-

B) We trade away Teague for a 1st and push up the timeline for Schröder becoming our starter.

If I had to choose between A and B I would definitely go for B, but I think the better plan (as much as it pains me to say it) is to just stay away from Jarrett Jack.

• Like 1

Jarrett Jack didn't do much of anything at all in Cleveland but he was pretty dope in Toronto (most of the time), New Orleans, and Golden State. Not to mention he was a stud at GT. tongue.png

So going forward is he what he was in Cleveland? Or was that just a fluke/a sign of how bad Cleveland was? I think he would be an excellent backup PG for just about any team, but if we're taking on Jarrett Jack then one of two things needs to happen first:

A) We give up completely on Schröder. You can't bring another backup PG in if you expect to continue developing this guy. I don't like this plan.

-OR-

B) We trade away Teague for a 1st and push up the timeline for Schröder becoming our starter.

If I had to choose between A and B I would definitely go for B, but I think the better plan (as much as it pains me to say it) is to just stay away from Jarrett Jack.

I wonder if some people realize that Jarret Jack will be turning 31 in October? Maybe the guy we saw in Cleveland is who he is now. 2yrs/12.6 mil guaranteed on his contract.

I wonder if some people realize that Jarret Jack will be turning 31 in October? Maybe the guy we saw in Cleveland is who he is now. 2yrs/12.6 mil guaranteed on his contract.

He would be a solid reserve but over paid. We got Thabo at 4, and Korver at just over 5 this season; and they can both fill Jacks role in a better way without missing a step.

He would be a solid reserve but over paid. We got Thabo at 4, and Korver at just over 5 this season; and they can both fill Jacks role in a better way without missing a step.

Yep - no need for Jack

• Moderators

I like the Heat pick out of the two.  Especially if it becomes certain that LBJ is headed back to Cleveland.  That would leave Miami no choice but to rebuild so the Hawks could snag a good pick in a year or two.

I can't disagree with that but as far as looking at the protection scheme on the Miami pick it isn't as interesting.  Here, I mean interesting in an academic sense of doing more than simply protecting the team giving away the pick.

• Like 1

Yep - no need for Jack

If the Cavs won't include those two picks, no need in us adding a reserve like Jack at all. We need starting caliber players for the 10 to 12 million in cap we could free up. The flip side is , If we had a chance at Bron and all it was going to cost us was two future 1st, Ferry would be a fool not to do that. I don't think Ferry is a fool at all.

I would want Dion Waiters

Pass.  Even the resident Syracuse homer (@Dolfan23) doesn't want Waiters on this team.  He's a middle-class man's Nate Robinson but has convinced himself he's pre-dbag Wade.

Edited by kg01

Pass.  Even the resident Syracuse homer (@Dolfan23) doesn't want Waiters on this team.  He's a middle-class man's Nate Robinson but has convinced himself he's pre-dbag Wade.

Just looked back at Waiters stats. Over the last 20 games of the season he picked things up and shot a respectable 44.7% from the field; but he still one of the weakest rebounding two guards in the league.

I would gladly take Waiters if he would accept a 6th man role as that's what he excelled with at Syracuse but I don't think he'd accept that at this point in his NBA career, or the salary commensurate with that position on the team. 

• Premium Member

I would gladly take Waiters if he would accept a 6th man role as that's what he excelled with at Syracuse but I don't think he'd accept that at this point in his NBA career, or the salary commensurate with that position on the team. 

I keep saying that we need a guy who can score when the system breaks down. Guys like Waiters, Brooks, and even Lou can provide that. I'm not saying any of these guys are the end all be all, but the Hawks need at least one player that can create his own offense. I guess Teague was sort of that guy toward the end of last season, but it wouldn't hurt to have another creator out there so the opposing team can't just key in on Teague like the Pacers did during the Playoffs.