• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do we do now?

Goots

• Premium Member

Hayward and Parsons for starters. Lance Stephenson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even assuming we thought that highly of either... didn't have the cap space, did we?

And I thought Stephenson is still out there (?).

• Moderators

Even assuming we thought that highly of either... didn't have the cap space, did we?

And I thought Stephenson is still out there (?).

We had the cap space to sign both Parsons and Hayward to the offers they signed.  See your other post noting we have 13-14M in cap space and remember we already burned 4M of it on Thabo.  That means before the Thabo contract, we could have signed any of Parsons, Hayward, Monroe, on any contract we wanted, including a max contract.

That is obviously a separate question from the wisdom of those deals.

Some of you guys sound like a 12 year old kid who just made $5 mowing the front yard. Can't wait to blow it.

So far the only first or second (or third, whatever) tier free agent worth his contract is Lebron James. These clowns paying $15-$16 mil per for hayward and Parsons? 5 year $118 mil for Bosh?

I think Thabo is looking like a really good signing and Sap last year? brilliant... unless you'd rather have Jordan Hill.. for the same amount.. please try to convince me that Jordan Hill has a shot at ever playing in an all star game.

This season is a bunch or Charlie Villanuevas and Ben Gordons... and we just picked up Thabo at the flea market. 

• Like 3

A lot of this stuff is just silly. People seriously mentioning KD is this forum talking about next year.

I have learned in life if you give a fool a leader he automatically falls in love. Just because someone gave Danny Ferry a GM job does not mean he is qualified to be a leader or knows what he is doing.

Just because the government hires 3 of 4 judges to tell you that the current NSA snooping is legal does not mean it is right or legal.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

A lot of this stuff is just silly. People seriously mentioning KD is this forum talking about next year.

I have learned in life if you give a fool a leader he automatically falls in love. Just because someone gave Danny Ferry a GM job does not mean he is qualified to be a leader or knows what he is doing.

Just because the government hires 3 of 4 judges to tell you that the current NSA snooping is legal does not mean it is right or legal.

And you equate Ferry to Sund. That right there should make one question your judgement.

Some of you guys sound like a 12 year old kid who just made $5 mowing the front yard. Can't wait to blow it.

So far the only first or second (or third, whatever) tier free agent worth his contract is Lebron James. These clowns paying $15-$16 mil per for hayward and Parsons? 5 year $118 mil for Bosh?

I think Thabo is looking like a really good signing and Sap last year? brilliant... unless you'd rather have Jordan Hill.. for the same amount.. please try to convince me that Jordan Hill has a shot at ever playing in an all star game.

This season is a bunch or Charlie Villanuevas and Ben Gordons... and we just picked up Thabo at the flea market. 

The bottom line is this team will be mediocre next season. The same will hold true the season after that.

• Like 2

I would rather have room for a max offer to a player like KD next offseason than overpay all these non Allstar types

I love that we're back to wait for next offseason mode.  The ASG loves it even more.  Get that playoff money without having to pay good talent.  Great business model...terrible treadmill team though.

Just think of all the flexibility we'll have when Millsap AND Horford are gone...Hope and change, hope and change...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I love that we're back to wait for next offseason mode. The ASG loves it even more. Get that playoff money without having to pay good talent. Great business model...terrible treadmill team though.

Just think of all the flexibility we'll have when Millsap AND Horford are gone...Hope and change, hope and change...

I didnt state that we are in waiting for next offseason mode. Having cap space for next offseason can still be accomplished by using cap space this year smartly as was done last year.

I really hope (and think we will) stay out of the "panic overpay" portion of the Post-LBJ market.  $118 million for Chris Bosh for 5 years - WOW.  He's a long neck who is working on his three-point shot.  He doesn't really play much like a 7-foot rim protector even now.

Bottom line is...with all the post-LBJ decision cash laying around...lotsa guys are gonna get overpaid.

• Like 2

I love that we're back to wait for next offseason mode. The ASG loves it even more. Get that playoff money without having to pay good talent. Great business model...terrible treadmill team though.

Only one flaw with your theory. They lost money last year.

• Premium Member

Bottom line is...with all the post-LBJ decision cash laying around...lotsa guys are gonna get overpaid.

We all need to start edging up (25%?) our definitions of "overpaid."  Not only did the cap go up, but shorter contracts as a result of the new CBA means teams have more money to spend each year.

IOW, Millsap is gonna get PAID next year.