• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take this with caution: The Hawks are in talks with the Wolves for Kevin Love

NBASupes

Immediately... I know this is B.S.

Kevin Love would never resign with us.. so why would we give Minny anything of true future value.

I think he could resign if he feels he can be a playoff contender very year. The question u have is, after trading the type of assets it takes to land him, will we be a playoff contender? That would depend upon the assets we have to send.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like we are doing just that. As is Golden State, Denver, Phoenix, Chicago, and Cleveland are. I don't think Kevin would resign either but maybe Ferry thinks he will.

Place me on the, "I am cool with whatever that doesn't involve Horford train". I would prefer Dennis stay as well but that's a preference, not a need. If it take Kevin Martin's contract then let's do it today in my opinion.

As long as Love insists on becoming a free agent and not picking up his option - Minny will get low offers. Trading Sap (expiring) plus filler for Love (expiring) is the kind of offers they'll get because everybody knows Love wants out of Minny real bad.

Yep, my one source left with the hawks told me months ago that the Hawks would go after Love because DF likes him as a fit for his vision of the team plus he's convinced he could sell the city and team to Love. Which, I might add, I also think we could do.

I just have to say this: for all the negative posters who are convinced DF is not doing his job or that we can never sign a free agent that's a real superstar...how the hell can anyone of you be so down about trying to trade for Love? What makes you sure he wouldn't resign here? Do you realize how much money he'd leave on the table if he just walked with us holding his Bird rights? Esp. with the upcoming CBA and tv deal?

I actually DO believe he'd stay here if we traded for him. He wants the playoffs and a shot at a contender. If we kept Horford and added Love that alone puts us in a real shot at a Finals appearance with the East being what it is. And FWIW? My one source left with the Hawks feels the same way. He said this whole "Love to the West Coast" media angle is exactly that. Love wants to play on winner. We can give him that.

Are we still in the running for Love Soth? Any recent updates? it seems all I hear on the Internet is GS, Cleveland, and Chicago.

• Premium Member

Are we still in the running for Love Soth? Any recent updates? it seems all I hear on the Internet is GS, Cleveland, and Chicago.

Last I heard from him was before the draft, he said Love was "one of" the options DF was going to check into this offseason. I don't honestly know how serious we are but the fact DF keeps radio silence for practically every move he makes it wouldn't surprise me if he did trade for Love.

• Like 1

From his take, it seems like what ESPN and other outlets are saying is not close to reality.

Wiggins hasn't been offered and won't be either.

Chicago has shown no interest in trading Doug.

GS will not offer Klay.

It seems like this media frenzy is just that, a frenzy. I don't know what will happen but reality of his value is far from the talk. This is a lot like Aaron Affalo where he is going to be traded and people will be like... that's all considering what ESPN and other stations have been telling them for months.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

But if all we give up is Millsap, picks, and cap space then why not.  The mindset on here seems to be that Millsap is earning a big payday and could walk to a team that gives it to him.  I'd rather have Birds rights on Love than Millsap.  I'd rather be able to max out Kevin Love and lose him for nothing than to pay Millsap $12+ mil/yr.  Horford/Love would be dominate and fun to watch... even if it is just for a year.

That's just it.  I don't think we'd have bird rights on Love for 1 year...  Unless the new CBA says otherwise.  We'd just be watching a UFA go to the West coast or Cleveland at the end of the day.

• Premium Member

From his take, it seems like what ESPN and other outlets are saying is not close to reality.

Wiggins hasn't been offered and won't be either.

Chicago has shown no interest in trading Doug.

GS will not offer Klay.

It seems like this media frenzy is just that, a frenzy. I don't know what will happen but reality of his value is far from the talk. This is a lot like Aaron Affalo where he is going to be traded and people will be like... that's all considering what ESPN and other stations have been telling them for months.

In 30 days, Minnesota will do the deal with Cleveland for Wiggins and parts.

Minnesota does not want to risk wasting a season with Love if it can get a potential star like Wiggins.  Cleveland is just letting Minny feel what it's like to lose out on a deal.

• Premium Member

In 30 days, Minnesota will do the deal with Cleveland for Wiggins and parts.

Minnesota does not want to risk wasting a season with Love if it can get a potential star like Wiggins.  Cleveland is just letting Minny feel what it's like to lose out on a deal.

i actually think this is what is going to happen. It makes far too much sense for both teams to trade Love for Wiggins and parts.

Minny has more leverage now and as the trade deadine gets closer that will change.  I think the media hype is all about the west coast and LBJ.  beyond that they have their head up the collective asses.  Wouldn't wish Minny on Sap but Love could be our Duncan!!!  That will sell tickets. 

• Like 1

But if all we give up is Millsap, picks, and cap space then why not. The mindset on here seems to be that Millsap is earning a big payday and could walk to a team that gives it to him. I'd rather have Birds rights on Love than Millsap. I'd rather be able to max out Kevin Love and lose him for nothing than to pay Millsap $12+ mil/yr. Horford/Love would be dominate and fun to watch... even if it is just for a year.

Well let me add my 2 cents....

I agree with all of this! Trade milsap + filer for Love. Hope like hell that a Teague, love, horford combination will go deep in the east possibly finals!

Sap is not going to take a team friendly deal next off season so we mine as well trade him and get our star player and hope the hawks have a great season where love will return.

Worst case scenario in this whole thing is Love leaving in the off season and bud having to start Payne at pf or center. ( not a bad worst case scenario if you ask me)

• Like 1

Well let me add my 2 cents....

I agree with all of this! Trade milsap + filer for Love. Hope like hell that a Teague, love, horford combination will go deep in the east possibly finals!

Sap is not going to take a team friendly deal next off season so we mine as well trade him and get our star player and hope the hawks have a great season where love will return.

Worst case scenario in this whole thing is Love leaving in the off season and bud having to start Payne at pf or center. ( not a bad worst case scenario if you ask me)

Very true about Sap 'and his next contract. It will cost us sooner or later. Trade him while his stock is high Edited by DrReality

Seems many if not all of us would welcome a trade for Love, but the issue is not with the Hawks. If we are seriously thinking about trading for Love (which I hope we are), what about the other side of the coin? Minny has to be getting offers from pretty much every team in the league. Does the Hawks offer give them anything of worth? Do they want to trade their expiring star PF for a expiring all-star PF? How does that help them? If they want a salary dump, can we take on a K-Mart? What young prospects do we have that outshines the other teams' offers? All fair questions that needs answering, as I'm as big of a Kevin Love-to-Hawks fan as there is on this board, but want to think realistically here and not by the fan viewpoint.

• Like 1

Seems many if not all of us would welcome a trade for Love, but the issue is not with the Hawks. If we are seriously thinking about trading for Love (which I hope we are), what about the other side of the coin? Minny has to be getting offers from pretty much every team in the league. Does the Hawks offer give them anything of worth? Do they want to trade their expiring star PF for a expiring all-star PF? How does that help them? If they want a salary dump, can we take on a K-Mart? What young prospects do we have that outshines the other teams' offers? All fair questions that needs answering, as I'm as big of a Kevin Love-to-Hawks fan as there is on this board, but want to think realistically here and not by the fan viewpoint.

You are exactly right.

Looking at the situation the cavs have the best offer when offering wiggins (though they say he isn't really on the table according to nbasupe anyways).

If wiggins is really off the table, then I say the hawks have a great chance! The bulls don't really have anything to offer other than damn near their whole team butler, Gibson , another filer and I just don't think they would really do that especially after getting gasol.

The warriors have a good shot at getting love but they don't want to part ways with klay Thompson which put those trade talks on hold.

My order of teams with the actual opportunity to get love would look like this (if everybody is really on the table):

1.cavs (if wiggins is really on the table, along with expiring deals)

2.warriors (if klay is really available)

3. Bulls (if they would really give up damn near their whole team of good role players including butler, Gibson, etc. to acquire love)

4.hawks (sap expiring deal plus others are really available I'm sure)

But I don't believe every rumor so I really think the list is more like this right now:

1. Warriors (I think klay may be offered or put on the table sooner or later)

2. Hawks (I think we are offering the next great deal because of saps expiring contract and the willing to take back bad contracts from minny)

3. Bulls (I don't believe they would give up all those great role players just for love)

4. Cavs (I think the cavs are very hesitant to put wiggins on the table and I don't think they are really willing to do it)

All in all I give ferry a good shot with sap and a great shot with horford but I know horford isn't offered in this nor should he be.

What Supes is posting make sense to me. Wiggins not being part of a deal makes even more sense to me as why make that signing if young know you'll trade him for Love?

Second, Ferry isn't going to make a secondary move if he thinks he can get the biggest fish in the pond.

If Love is traded to Atlanta, then I do think there is a good to very good chance he'll re-sign with the Hawks. This chance increases dramatically if we can get out of the second round.

On the other hand, if Love goes somewhere else then the Hawks can go to the other teams that lost out on Love to make a deal happen for Sap or Harford

In the interim nothing will happen until Love moves.

It depends on if Minny wants a full on rebuild or if they're trying to make the playoffs.

The Cleveland deal with Wiggins means full on rebuild mode.

The Warriors/Chicago/Hawks means they are trying to make the playoffs.

Why does everyone act "shocked" if we hear that our GM has inquired

about obtaining any player?  Some of us apparently believe he does

nothing.  Just sits around, daydreaming or that he just goes away somewhere

by himself and waits for something to happen.

We, the fans who post here, have nothing to gain or lose by being here except

to share our ideas with other Hawk fans and take out our flustrations when things

don't go to suit us.

Our GM, on the other hand, does this for a living.  His income depends on what

he does.  His success or failure is dependent on this.  There is a basic rule that

must be observed here in his work.  "If you don't ask, you will not be told."  If

he doesn't inquire about any player's availability, how will he know?