• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

taking bets... Line up to place yours

IheartVolt

If this team struggles to start the year , oh let's say we are at .500 or lower , what are the chances of a complete blow up? What I mean by complete blow up is the trading of at least 2 of the three value pieces right now.

Teague

Sap

Big Al

I am of the opinion that Ferry played his hand at trying to acquire top level talent through free agency to add to what we have. Look it obviously did not work out so time for plan B. I know some on here thinks that Ferry is a failure for trying to add to what we have , but who can cast the first stone for his failure for trying to pursue top talent.

If we start off slow or have a rough go at it , I think the trades start to acquire young talent or picks. What say you?

very minimum chance he will blow up the roster after a slow start.

Not only because he values continuity but if we have an awful start like you say we will  AL, Millsap, and teague's trade value will be at their lowest and you know how stubborn Ferry is when it comes to getting back value on assets at their lowest value. (ex. J-brick trade deadline situation).

• Like 4

There will be no knee jerk reactions to losing. That's not how this ownership operates. For better or worse, they will stay the course this season.

Would going into the all-star break really be a knee jerk reaction? That is plenty of time to evaluate the situation

We don't blow it up until Horford leaves.

Which is exactly the opposite of what needs to be done. Let's just let Horford walk for nothing and receive nothing in return. We need to gain from our loses

very minimum chance he will blow up the roster after a slow start.

Not only because he values continuity but if we have an awful start like you say we will AL, Millsap, and teague's trade value will be at their lowest and you know how stubborn Ferry is when it comes to getting back value on assets at their lowest value. (ex. J-brick trade deadline situation).

Well the Lou and Bebe deal says otherwise. You say we received value there?

Which is exactly the opposite of what needs to be done. Let's just let Horford walk for nothing and receive nothing in return. We need to gain from our loses

And if he walks for nothing, the GM should be fired. As much as I've criticized the dude, I haven't called for him to be fired. But if that happens, and we get nothing significant in return, you have to fire him ... or ownership has to sell the team

• Like 1

And if he walks for nothing, the GM should be fired. As much as I've criticized the dude, I haven't called for him to be fired. But if that happens, and we get nothing significant in return, you have to fire him ... or ownership has to sell the team

I have no issue with Ferry and what he has done so far , he wanted to try and acquire free agent talent - well okay now it is time to move on cause ( superstars ) avoid ATL like the city has Ebola. ( shout out to kg ) Now is time to make the hard decisions when it comes to the "3" assets and their future here. If they come out and play outstanding basketball then fine ride it out. If they fail to look like a top three team in the East then blow it up.

Now is the time for Ferry to make crucial decisions and if Al walks with no return , well then there should be some penalty for bad decisions

Other than Cleveland and Chicago the rest of the seeds are up for grabs. Toronto and Washington are good... But Atlanta is making the playoffs... Barring injuries, which every team has. We're not blowing anything up.

Hmmm... Moot point. Hawks won't start slow.

I hope this is the case. I hope Teague comes out with a fire never seen before and All is 100%. I hope they surprise us all but my optimism gauge is running on the low side nowadays

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think the chance Horford walks is small... Ferry just needs to get him a center.  He'll give us another 3 years at $45 mil.

• Premium Member

Would going into the all-star break really be a knee jerk reaction? That is plenty of time to evaluate the situation

You have to remember who we're talking about. If they make changes, they usually do it in the off season. I'm not advocating either approach. Just stating they usually aren't quick to make changes to the core.

• Moderators

Hmmm... Moot point. Hawks won't start slow.

Agreed. The Hawks always seem to play the first 30 or so games on fire (22-8), go cold out in January/February (7-13), and then finish the rest of the season on .500 ball (16-16).  45 wins and a 6-8th seed.  Go Hawks.

• Premium Member

We don't blow it up until Horford leaves.

^^Of this I'm fairly certain.  We're not blowing up anything and we have the talent to be competitive.  We may listen to offers for Teague, but we're not trading Horford or Sap.  I'm confident we will lock Sap up following this season and we will gamble with Horford in 2016.

Clearly, the priority is and has always been on staying competitive.  Just like the Spurs and their system, Ferry will keep swapping pieces in that "fit" whatever we lose.  The Spurs maintain contender status this way.  We will maintain our playoff streak.

• Premium Member

We're not in a win now mode, so there's no need to blow up.  Any move we do will be said that it was a calculated move.   Hawks fans are simple.   We fall in love with whoever wears the Hawks Jersey until we don't love them no more.  We have never trade thoughts on some guys and then on one guy we have a trade at all cost.  This happens every year.

Well, Ferry is a guy who I can truly say... He don't love them hoes.  ASG wants to run this team on the cheap and Ferry wants to prove that you can win by running on the cheap.  It's a match made in heaven.  So what you should expect is that we will make moves that continue to help us run this team on the cheap.