• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

Unfortunately, unless Adam Silver steps in again, and forces the current ownership group, in its entirety, to sell all of their interests, not much will change. It is easy to see through Gearon's act, and therefore I consider him to be no better than Ferry or Levenson, and probably worse. Yeah, he may succeed in getting rid of his rival owner, but at what cost to the team, ultimately?

It would not surprise me to hear at some point in the future, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome your Seattle Hawks, oops, I mean Supersonics."

Belkin was right after all.

Edited by Watchman

Any chance that Magic could come be that guy??  I can't remember what his situation is and whether or not he got ownership of one of the LA franchises or not. 

Not a bad idea, but i'll take anyone with big bucks at this point (and without an interest in Seattle)

Honestly, everyone wants to claim they saw through Ferry but they are all lying. Only the trolls on this site called out the treatment of Ferry from day one and frequently.

The trolls are basically Hotlanta and myself.

@MrMeltdown is right. I didn't see this coming at all. 

Watch at 5:45, 11:00, and 12:10

Stephen A. Smith claims through his sources that Levenson and Ferry are "boys" and the rest of the owners want him gone. Not only Gearon. Take it for what it is worth. 

Haven't watched the video yet but it seems like that's common knowledge with the way that Levenson has been the only owner we hear from since Ferry got here. 

I'm skeptical about the rest of the owners wanting him (who is it, Ferry or Leveonson?) gone though.

Unfortunately, unless Adam Silver steps in again, and forces the current ownership group, in its entirety, to sell all of their interests, not much will change. It is easy to see through Gearon's act, and therefore I consider him to be no better than Ferry or Levenson, and probably worse. Yeah, he may succeed in getting rid of his rival owner, but at what cost to the team, ultimately?

It would not surprise me to hear at some point in the future, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome your Seattle Hawks, oops, I mean Supersonics."

Belkin was not right. Nothing that happens here changes what he did and how much he hurt this franchise. 

Not a bad idea, but i'll take anyone with big bucks at this point (and without an interest in Seattle)

@MrMeltdown is right. I didn't see this coming at all. 

Does it make me racist to say that I hope we get a single, wealthy, black owner of the team? 

• Premium Member

The V-103 radio interview from earlier this morning with Koonin and Ryan Cameron is here:

http://v103.cbslocal.com/2014/09/09/video-atlanta-hawks-ceo-to-the-rcms-weve-got-to-earn-peoples-trust-back-and-thats-a-step-at-a-t/

~lw3

Thanks for posting this. I think Koonin comes across much better here than on 92.9.

On a side note, that's the first time I've heard Ryan Cameron for an extended time. His voice is smooth. Gonna go practice sounding like him.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Belkin wasn't right.  He bought into this disfunctional group and was one of the problem people in it.  How could a group with Belkin ever work when he pulls a hostile takeover (that failed) after the first trade he doesn't like?

The best case scenario for the owners is that Levenson selling his portion of the team inspires someone to come in and make a package deal to the rest of the owners.  They were all willing to sell to Murello (sp?) a few years ago so it is very possible that someone could pick off enough of the minority owners to get all or at least >50% ownership in the team and take over operations for good.  If I was going to buy Levenson's shares, I would sure as h?#*$ be putting in bids more a majority stake in the team when I knew the history of infighting with the current ASG partners.

• Like 1

Haven't watched the video yet but it seems like that's common knowledge with the way that Levenson has been the only owner we hear from since Ferry got here. 

I'm skeptical about the rest of the owners wanting him (who is it, Ferry or Leveonson?) gone though.

Belkin was not right. Nothing that happens here changes what he did and how much he hurt this franchise. 

Does it make me racist to say that I hope we get a single, wealthy, black owner of the team?

Pretty much, I'd have to say yes. Why should it matter to anyone what color the owner of the team is? As long as he/she/they genuinely wants to put a team with a chance to win it all on the court, I could care less what race they are, and neither should anyone else. To suggest that it must be a member of a certain race, again seems to me no different than what the present regime has done.

BTW, Belkin was right, in that he saw through the foolishness of giving away the farm for Joe Johnson, contrary to Billy Knight and the rest of the owners.

Pretty much, I'd have to say yes. Why should it matter to anyone what color the owner of the team is? As long as he/she/they genuinely wants to put a team with a chance to win it all on the court, I could care less what race they are, and neither should anyone else. To suggest that it must be a member of a certain race, again seems to me no different than what the present regime has done.

BTW, Belkin was right, in that he saw through the foolishness of giving away the farm for Joe Johnson, contrary to Billy Knight and the rest of the owners.

You are right that it shouldn't matter, and honestly I don't care what race or gender the hopefully new owner is. But there's a big part of me that says if we had an owner who could relate better to the community in Atlanta and surrounding areas that it would be better for the franchise, especially with the stain that the ASG have been on the team and all this racism stuff. 

Maybe that doesn't matter though, I mean it doesn't appear to have been needed with the Clippers. 

You are right that it shouldn't matter, and honestly I don't care what race or gender the hopefully new owner is. But there's a big part of me that says if we had an owner who could relate better to the community in Atlanta and surrounding areas that it would be better for the franchise, especially with the stain that the ASG have been on the team and all this racism stuff. 

Maybe that doesn't matter though, I mean it doesn't appear to have been needed with the Clippers. 

doc-rivers.jpg?w=600

richard-parsons-clippers-20140509.jpg

Practically run the Clippers now so you may have a point.

Wouldn't mind giving Bud a "Doc-like" position at this point though.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

Dolfan23 - Magic did buy an LA team - the WNBA LA Sparks.  He and his group do seem to want an NBA team badly.  It was speculated he bought the Sparks just to ingratiate himself with the NBA.  It would certainly be an ideal situation were he to buy the Hawks.  He's pretty much shut out of the LA scene now that Balmer came along.

• Like 1

Dolfan23 - Magic did buy an LA team - the WNBA LA Sparks.  He and his group do seem to want an NBA team badly.  It was speculated he bought the Sparks just to ingratiate himself with the NBA.  It would certainly be an ideal situation were he to buy the Hawks.  He's pretty much shut out of the LA scene now that Balmer came along.

He would bring instant credibility to the Hawks as well.  I don't know about who he'd bring in as a GM or the decisions he'd make but his name would do a lot for us.

I didn't see anything in the article to suggest what you inferred. All I read was his bio on an OKC site.

He passed on the Jazz job was a finalist for the Magic job withdrew his name from Trailblazers search. All you have to do is look around and you can see that he keeps getting interviewed has passed on jobs and is well regarded. Rather he is the most highly regarded you can question if you like.

Edited by MrMeltdown

He passed on the Jazz job was a finalist for the Magic job. All you have to do is look around and you can see that he keeps getting interviewed has passed on jobs and is well regarded. Rather he is the most highly regarded you can question if you like.

I'm not questioning - I just thought the link was going to be about an article or something relating specifically to your assertion.

I'm not questioning - I just thought the link was going to be about an article or something relating specifically to your assertion.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrBT_sdkQ9UHNEApchXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTkwMQRncHJpZAMyZ0lVd1dNRlRzeXBRZjJXbUlCSWlBBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3VnZwMyBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzIxBHF1ZXJ5A3Ryb3kgd2VhdmVyIEdNIHNlYXJjaAR0X3N0bXADMTQxMDMxMzU3Nw--?p=troy+weaver+GM+search&fr2=sb-top-search&fr=yfp-t-901

I just did a search and he keeps coming up. Even the Sixers tried to get him. He has stated he is staying put so far.