• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Moderators

I have no problem with the stuff he said as long as it's not racial in nature. If those types of remarks come from Ferry then yeah he's gotta be removed. But if Ferry is simply bringing up negatives about a players character like the bobble head thing then to me that's probably very common.

And lost in this witch hunt is the rumor that Ferry still wanted to give him 40 million. Does that sound like something a racist would do for someone he thinks so poorly of?

Just for clarification, Woj reports:

Eventually, the Hawks made two offers to Deng – two years, $20 million, or one year, $10 million – league sources told Yahoo Sports.

If you hadn't found him guilty already you'd be keeping an open mind about this until all the facts are out.

What more facts do you need?  The evidence is overwhelming.  At the end of the transcript do you think Ferry ended his rant with "j/k"?  If there was anymore more context Wojo would of posted it.  The recent article is damning and he makes it perfectly clear that Ferry is "guilty".  I'm actually baffled by what else you think there could be.

• Moderators

Thanks for the clarification. Still seems odd for Ferry to offer Deng 10 million per year if he felt this way about him.

That's probably the best Ferry's valet keys could get him.  I'm sure he wanted to offer Deng $40 mil, but certain members of the A$G said no, so he offered $10 mil/yr.

• Like 1

I have no problem with the stuff he said as long as it's not racial in nature. If those types of remarks come from Ferry then yeah he's gotta be removed. But if Ferry is simply bringing up negatives about a players character like the bobble head thing then to me that's probably very common.

And lost in this witch hunt is the rumor that Ferry still wanted to give him 40 million. Does that sound like something a racist would do for someone he thinks so poorly of?

I'm pretty sure Sterling had no problem giving money to black players and he was obviously pretty racist so that argument doesn't hold a lot of water.  I'm not saying that Ferry is a racist though.

What more facts do you need? The evidence is overwhelming. At the end of the transcript do you think Ferry ended his rant with "j/k"? If there was anymore more context Wojo would of posted it. The recent article is damning and he makes it perfectly clear that Ferry is "guilty". I'm actually baffled by what else you think there could be.

You're baffled? I'm baffled that you think this is everything there is to this. I'm waiting for the full transcript and hopefully audio of it as well.

And no he didn't end with lol, he ended with hey here's 10 million dollars.

Those that have the information, ie the law firm that investigated this, suggested a punishment. Koonin exceeded that punishment, so clearly it was not to fire him. Yet you want him fired, appealing to the investigation that did not suggest he be fired as evidence? Something is amiss here.

I want them all gone.  Do you honestly think Ferry can do his job effectively with this stigma over him?  How is he supposed to sit down with a free agent and try to convince them he wants them while the player knows this happened and isn't sure what this guy is truly feeling about him.  I don't think anyone could and Ferry wasn't exactly good at attracting the free agents to begin with.

I'm pretty sure Sterling had no problem giving money to black players and he was obviously pretty racist so that argument doesn't hold a lot of water. I'm not saying that Ferry is a racist though.

Did Sterling give out large annual contracts to guys who he felt were such awful people that they'd cheat and steal? It's beyond race for me here with Ferry as the scouting report made him sound like a criminal, not someone he'd offer 10 million per to.

You're baffled? I'm baffled that you think this is everything there is to this. I'm waiting for the full transcript and hopefully audio of it as well.

And no he didn't end with lol, he ended with hey here's 10 million dollars.

So money makes that rant that went "on and on" moot?  So Wojo is going to partially release stuff to just make Ferry look bad when potentially some mystery part could leak making his reporting look bad?  Wojo is a better journalist than that.  You don't need the entire puzzle put together to see what the picture.

Did Sterling give out large annual contracts to guys who he felt were such awful people that they'd cheat and steal? It's beyond race for me here with Ferry as the scouting report made him sound like a criminal, not someone he'd offer 10 million per to.

Sounded like everyone knew not to take Sterling's money.  Which could be a situation we are putting ourselves in.  This literally has nothing to do with Ferry being a racist.  It's about him being able to effectively do his job when players, agents, and other GM's know he's capable of this kind of action.  And yes one incident is enough to change the perception of you forever.

So money makes that rant that went "on and on" moot? So Wojo is going to partially release stuff to just make Ferry look bad when potentially some mystery part could leak making his reporting look bad? Wojo is a better journalist than that. You don't need the entire puzzle put together to see what the picture.

You assume Woj has it all while I do not.

And no money doesn't make the rant go away, but it really gives credence to my belief that those weren't Ferry's feelings or beliefs.

• Moderators

What about that media tournament?

I heard it got ixne'd. But better yet, the Hawks will probably move the game to the top of Stone Mountain, schedule it at the same time that Koonin's wrangling with our esteemed professional protestors back at the Dimlight Factory.

~lw3

Sounded like everyone knew not to take Sterling's money. Which could be a situation we are putting ourselves in. This literally has nothing to do with Ferry being a racist. It's about him being able to effectively do his job when players, agents, and other GM's know he's capable of this kind of action. And yes one incident is enough to change the perception of you forever.

Unless you assume that a few racist remarks are worse than some of the things that went on with the Dolphins then I don't think we have to worry about free agents taking our money. The Dolphins had no problem getting free agents this year and our scandal went on for months.

And Brand resigning today looks kinda bad for your theory as well.

You assume Woj has it all while I do not.

And no money doesn't make the rant go away, but it really gives credence to my belief that those weren't Ferry's feelings or beliefs.

So you're saying Woj is misleading everyone?

But then where do you think Ferry's rant came from?  It's made clear he went off "script" after initially reading the report.

Unless you're an NFL Commissioner.

~lw3

And now people want him fired to and it just might happen.  Public backlash is a powerful thing.  I'm not sure why organizations think they can withstand it.

• Like 1