• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry Getting Support

phoostal

It's kind of sad that today's society has become a mob mentality.  If the mob is loud and big enough they usually get what they want, who cares about anything else.  Lord forbid if you have an opposite view of the mob because you are going to get swallowed.  

Exactly.  Every one is so happy to join the mob and every one is so eager to bow down to what the mob wants.  Its absolutely sickening to me.  Every one is obsessed with the next celeb to destroy or the next hot topic's bandwagon to jump on.  This issue will be forgotten about in another 2 weeks.  I'm just happy to see Koonin and Silver have Ferry's back.  

And that's truly the world and it sucks but to succeed you have to go with the mob or risk further ostracization.

Really?

I think the reason Ferry isnt already gone is because he is just a decent hardworking person and doesnt deserve to get fired - in short he is well respected by his boss and subordinates .

He's well respected by someone that just resigned for doing something stupid too.  Not sure that's saying much.

He's well respected by someone that just resigned for doing something stupid too.  Not sure that's saying much.

If Levinson wanted to stay I think he could - I honestly thinks hes ready to leave the circus. He self reported and self resigned. No one forced him or issued an edict that he must go .

If Levinson wanted to stay I think he could - I honestly thinks hes ready to leave the circus. He self reported and self resigned. No one forced him or issued an edict that he must go .

And you don't think it's weird as heck that he forced himself to resign?  Truthfully I thought what he said was worded ignorantly but I don't think it was racist.  His statement was more tame then the mess Ferry rambled off IMO.  But all of the ASG could jump off a bridge for all I care.

And you don't think it's weird as heck that he forced himself to resign?  Truthfully I thought what he said was worded ignorantly but I don't think it was racist.  His statement was more tame then the mess Ferry rambled off IMO.  But all of the ASG could jump off a bridge for all I care.

I honestly think hes tired of the dysfunction and if you read the email - he was honestly struggling to figure out how to build the team financially . If he wanted to court white season ticket holders he should have just moved the team to where the money was and kept his theories to himself .

You don't follow the news?  The mob mentality is a ridiculously powerful tool, right or wrong.

I just find it sad that people are so willing to bow down to the loud crowd no matter if they are right or wrong.  What ever happened to standing up for what you believe in?

I honestly think hes tired of the dysfunction and if you read the email - he was honestly struggling to figure out how to build the team financially . If he wanted to court white season ticket holders he should have just moved the team to where the money was and kept his theories to himself .

Might of been worried about Gearon blackmailing too.  This also drives up interest in the team so he might make more money this way.

I just find it sad that people are so willing to bow down to the loud crowd no matter if they are right or wrong.  What ever happened to standing up for what you believe in?

I agree with you but that's just how things are not.  An angry mod tends to get it's way or at the very least they get romanticized like they are somehow fighting the man.  Businesses just don't have a lot of luxury to stand for what they believe in especially if it doesn't lineup with a progressive train of though.

Edited by ViperXX79

I agree with you but that's just how things are not.  An angry mod tends to get it's way or at the very least they get romanticized like they are somehow fighting the man.  Businesses just don't have a lot of luxury to stand for what they believe in especially if it doesn't lineup with a progressive train of though.

Businesses do have the power.  The only people that will be boycotting the Hawks, if Ferry stays, are people who weren't going to the games in the first place.  They may lose a few fans but they will gain many more when this team is playing very well next season.

Edited by JETSET

Businesses do have the power.  The only people that will be boycotting the Hawks, if Ferry stays, are people who weren't going to the games in the first place.  They may lose a few fans but they will gain many more when this team is playing very well next season.

Assuming this team is capable of playing very well though.  Even so we had 50 win seasons with the old core who were more exciting to watch and they weren't packing the arena every night either.

Assuming this team is capable of playing very well though.  Even so we had 50 win seasons with the old core who were more exciting to watch and they weren't packing the arena every night either.

You enjoyed the style of play of the old group more?  I shed a tear at times early this past season.  I have never seen an Atlanta Hawks team gel and move so beautifully.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

I think the commish's comment was aimed at our asshole owner who is going after DF. Ferry isn't the problem. He is being made out as the problem and the commish acknowledged that. Hopefully it's a shot across the bow of ASG and that players will get it

Edited by DrReality

An angry mod tends to get it's way or at the very least they get romanticized like they are somehow fighting the man.

Are you referring to @Dolfan23 as the angry mod? If so then ya, prolly not a great idea to piss him off...

• Premium Member

You forget the Free Agents.  In a league that is 85% people of color... you don't offend people of color.  This is open and shut when you think about the ramifications.  Ferry has to go....Is he a good guy?  That doesn't matter.  IS that bowing to the mob?  No.  It's looking at the likely future of the Hawks dealing with FAs (even their own) and deciding that it's better to let Ferry go and "turn over a new leaf and start off fresh" than to keep Ferry and the Stigma around.

You forget the Free Agents.  In a league that is 85% people of color... you don't offend people of color.  This is open and shut when you think about the ramifications.  Ferry has to go....Is he a good guy?  That doesn't matter.  IS that bowing to the mob?  No.  It's looking at the likely future of the Hawks dealing with FAs (even their own) and deciding that it's better to let Ferry go and "turn over a new leaf and start off fresh" than to keep Ferry and the Stigma around.

I didn't forget about the players.  I just don't think they are going to care much in 2 weeks either.  Where has the outrage been for the past 10 years against Sterling since he has been a known racist throughout this time?  I don't recall ever hearing a player say he wouldn't sign with the Clippers because of Sterling's actions until the phone call leaked.

We will see soon enough.  My money is on Ferry being able to continue his job successfully and not missing out on any players that we would have had a shot with before this.

your also assuming that the 85 percent of the NBA is a voting block and cant think and reason for themselves.