• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry Getting Support

phoostal

Ferry has Silver behind him (not bad to have that support), so I expect Gearon will now try to come up with another scheme to get him fired.  What a clusterf@$#@!  Link below

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24704617/adam-silver-on-danny-ferrys-comments-i-dont-think-its-a-terminable-offense

I don't know guys...after all this I'm not high on ferry.

I want ferry to report the scout who orginally said all of this. Also I think his name tied to Atlanta will do nothing but bad from here on out.

Sorry but ferry as well as gearon needs to go!

I don't know guys...after all this I'm not high on ferry.

I want ferry to report the scout who orginally said all of this. Also I think his name tied to Atlanta will do nothing but bad from here on out.

Sorry but ferry as well as gearon needs to go!

From what I read the scouting report came from an NBA commission scout and that every NBA team has access to these scouting reports.  So this might go deeper than just the Hawks.

From what I read the scouting report came from an NBA commission scout and that every NBA team has access to these scouting reports.  So this might go deeper than just the Hawks.

Do you think Silver is backing Ferry because they are trying to protect themselves from the fact this came from one of their scouts leading to Ferry's rant?  Exposing the scout might unearth some things the league doesn't want to deal with.

• Like 1

Do you think Silver is backing Ferry because they are trying to protect themselves from the fact this came from one of their scouts leading to Ferry's rant?  Exposing the scout might unearth some things the league doesn't want to deal with.

That could be a real possibility.  And if that is the case does that change how people feel about Ferry, knowing he was reading from an NBA commission scouting report?

Edited by phoostal

One thing floating in my mind, but I'm not yet advocating, is the idea that Danny's behavior/language is commonplace in sports organizations. I've been around former and current athletes, which comprise a large segment of sorts organizations. They are very colorful. Not necessarily hurtful or have any malice in their comments.

It's a thought of mine I don't condone, but I'm probably not the first one on this board to think it. From Silver's perspective, he could be concerned about opening that can of worms. But I'm just speaking from the top of my head, I'm not on board with the idea yet.

I grew up in NFL locker rooms and I know for a fact it is but rule number one was never let it show.  Ferry got caught.  Levenson got caught and they will have to go because it's hard to fix the perception of your team when they are still around.  Doesn't make it right but that's the price high profiled people pay.

That could be a real possibility. And if that is the case does that change how people feel about Ferry, knowing he was reading from an NBA commission scouting report?

Probably not!...we have to remember that this country is ignorant and once you f**k up...it's all downhill from there.

People still hate Vick and the man served his time for doing wrong.

Nba players will see ferrys name and instantly turn away quicker than ever before.

I grew up in NFL locker rooms and I know for a fact it is but rule number one was never let it show. Ferry got caught. Levenson got caught and they will have to go because it's hard to fix the perception of your team when they are still around. Doesn't make it right but that's the price high profiled people pay.

Exactly...now that's it all brought to light, next step is to give those who are viewed wrong the boot or the hawks franchise will go to hell if they don't.

• Like 1

It's kind of sad that today's society has become a mob mentality.  If the mob is loud and big enough they usually get what they want, who cares about anything else.  Lord forbid if you have an opposite view of the mob because you are going to get swallowed.  

• Like 2

...I don't get you.

I don't mean that to be derogatory, I just don't understand your perspective. But I like that the board has a wide range of opinions, so I appreciate you posting. If I didn't, you'd see me be a total asshole. I mean I'm normally an asshole, but you've got an interesting take and I like that.

My take is that our franchise has a bad reputation and the Ferry stuff just makes it worse.  Why do we just accept this?  If my boss did this I honestly wouldn't want to work for him because I'm not sure how could his decision making is and that affects me and my family.  That's what our current players are thinking about potential free agent targets will think.

It's kind of sad that today's society has become a mob mentality.  If the mob is loud and big enough they usually get what they want, who cares about anything else.  Lord forbid if you have an opposite view of the mob because you are going to get swallowed.  

And that's truly the world and it sucks but to succeed you have to go with the mob or risk further ostracization.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think Silver is a damn hypocrite. Now since the deal with the Clippers, Sterlings legal team has dug this garbage on the NBA that includes owners, NBA mgt, on down to players. Silver may have gotten rid of Sterling but I assure you that Stetling will have the last laugh in exposing the hypocrisy of the commissioner and the league in time.

If its an NBA scandal and Silver wants to keep in on the low and not deal with any more controversy, then Ferry should blackmail Silver and ask him for future favors to benefit the Hawks.

Example: if the Nets don't make the playoffs, allow them to get the #1 pick, that way it'll be ours.

:-)

"Danny's behavior/language is commonplace in sports ...... They are very colorful. Not necessarily hurtful or have any malice in their comments."

quote name="ViperXX79" post="722083" timestamp="1410395933"]

I grew up in NFL locker rooms and I know for a fact it is but rule number one was never let it show. Ferry got caught. Levenson got caught and they will have to go because it's hard to fix the perception of your team when they are still around. Doesn't make it right but that's the price high profiled people pay.

So, I just want to clearly understand your opinion given your experiences. You're agreeing with what hawksfanatic said in that this behavior is commonplace and not necessarily done in a hurtful manner or with malice. But, you're saying that despite how this is common and said in a more lighthearted manner I guess, that free agents will still hold this against Ferry and not want to play for this team. Do you think that's because even though it's common and players are likely used to that behavior they will be upset because the Hawks let it leak out to the public, or is it more about the general public's opinion will now be tainted with racist overtones and they don't want to be associated with it, even though they are already used to this kind of behavior from any other teams they may have played on?

Or did I just read your reply wrong and this behavior isn't really commonplace in locker rooms and organizations at all and you were saying something completely different?

"Danny's behavior/language is commonplace in sports ...... They are very colorful. Not necessarily hurtful or have any malice in their comments."

quote name="ViperXX79" post="722083" timestamp="1410395933"]

So, I just want to clearly understand your opinion given your experiences. You're agreeing with what hawksfanatic said in that this behavior is commonplace and not necessarily done in a hurtful manner or with malice. But, you're saying that despite how this is common and said in a more lighthearted manner I guess, that free agents will still hold this against Ferry and not want to play for this team. Do you think that's because even though it's common and players are likely used to that behavior they will be upset because the Hawks let it leak out to the public, or is it more about the general public's opinion will now be tainted with racist overtones and they don't want to be associated with it, even though they are already used to this kind of behavior from any other teams they may have played on?

Or did I just read your reply wrong and this behavior isn't really commonplace in locker rooms and organizations at all and you were saying something completely different?

Players especially in the NBA are their own brand.  They will say and do things you wouldn't believe but when that stuff goes public they will run for the hills because it affects their bottom line.  How many people know that Favre showed up to Falcon's practice with cocaine smeared across his face?  Not many because Glanville kept the press away knowing the storm that would of caused.  Most people just know about the alcohol issues.  

Players don't want the distraction.  They don't want to be asked about Ferry all the time and their personal experiences with him.  What if they slip up and same something that can be taking out of context?  Another storm gets created.  Players want to live in their bubbles and do their own thing without having to deal with the consequences of it because that means less endorsements.  It's why when the locker room turns on anyone they are done.  They will protect each other even when someone is wrong just because it's a defense for themselves.