• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Antone Smith

Admin

@Dolfan23 Dang it! I was watching your game vs Packers. I thought you were gonna do the Lions a favor? :-( You roughed up Rodgers throughout the game, every time he got him by Wake or another huge dude I thought he wouldn't get back up, but he did. That dumb fake spike, I was hope the Dolphin corner would quickly take away the sideline from the Packers receiver and not let him get out of bounce, but it was risky because he was like 5 yards from the end zone and it would have meant that the safety had to close in immediately and make the tackle. Damn you Aaron Rodgers!!!! Aaahhhhhh I can't stop thinking about the end of that bs.

Ugh I'm still stunned that we blew that game. I think that our coach forgot we were trying to beat the Packers and not help the Packers win (he was their OC prior to coming to the Dolphins). 

And yeah Cortland Finnegan was awful and got abused by that rookie WR all game long and it was pitiful letting him get so many yards and then get out of bounds. 

Grimes got abused all day by Nelson as well. For some reason our CBs were playing 7 yards off the ball all game long. 

Ps This just in..Antone is lightening...he reminds me of a faster Sproles.

Faster and much stronger Sproles. He doesn't have the agility of Sproles but he's a stud. He reminds me of a compacted Herschel Walker, just pure speed and power. 

Ugh I'm still stunned that we blew that game. I think that our coach forgot we were trying to beat the Packers and not help the Packers win (he was their OC prior to coming to the Dolphins).

And yeah Cortland Finnegan was awful and got abused by that rookie WR all game long and it was pitiful letting him get so many yards and then get out of bounds.

Grimes got abused all day by Nelson as well. For some reason our CBs were playing 7 yards off the ball all game long.

Ya...oh man..it sucks to watch players decline. Just a few years ago Cortland Fin and Andre Johnson were slamming each other silly lol. I was a big fan of Cortland a few years back and wanted the Lions to sign him despite other players always calling him dirty. Rodgers pulled a Marino 94 vs JETS jets jets jets.

Faster and much stronger Sproles. He doesn't have the agility of Sproles but he's a stud. He reminds me of a compacted Herschel Walker, just pure speed and power.

Herschel Walker? Dang that's high praise. I gotta see more of this kid Antone if he can be used in the same sentence as Herschel.

Ps A few years back I tried the Herschel workout regimine of 1000 push-ups and 2500 sit-ups ...after 2 months at it I got to 450 push-ups and 1000 or so sit-ups and I gave up due to aggrevated shoulder issues(prolly due to push-ups lol)... So every time I hear Herschel's name I cringe. Lol

Ya...oh man..it sucks to watch players decline. Just a few years ago Cortland Fin and Andre Johnson were slamming each other silly lol. I was a big fan of Cortland a few years back and wanted the Lions to sign him despite other players always calling him dirty. Rodgers pulled a Marino 94 vs JETS jets jets jets.

Yeah there's no excuse for the fake spike to happen in Miami. None!

I always thought Finnegan was dirty as well. He's seemed to have grown up but he's a shell of his former self. 

Herschel Walker? Dang that's high praise. I gotta see more of this kid Antone if he can be used in the same sentence as Herschel.

Ps A few years back I tried the Herschel workout regimine of 1000 push-ups and 2500 sit-ups ...after 2 months at it I got to 450 push-ups and 1000 or so sit-ups and I gave up due to aggrevated shoulder issues(prolly due to push-ups lol)... So every time I hear Herschel's name I cringe. Lol

That's who he reminds me of. Granted I haven't seen enough of him to really be objective about him, but he's just an incredible specimen. To have the speed he has AND the power is just rare. Who knows if he could handle a full workload or how he'd handle being slammed into the line of scrimmage play after play like a feature back would, but I know when he gets the ball he's got a chance to score every time. 

That's crazy that you tried his workout routine. I bet you developed some scar tissue in your shoulders from it.  Back in the Army I was routinely doing 500 or more push ups a day, not because I was trying to be good at them, but because I have a smart mouth and that usually got me doing push ups lol. 

That's who he reminds me of. Granted I haven't seen enough of him to really be objective about him, but he's just an incredible specimen. To have the speed he has AND the power is just rare. Who knows if he could handle a full workload or how he'd handle being slammed into the line of scrimmage play after play like a feature back would, but I know when he gets the ball he's got a chance to score every time.

That's crazy that you tried his workout routine. I bet you developed some scar tissue in your shoulders from it. Back in the Army I was routinely doing 500 or more push ups a day, not because I was trying to be good at them, but because I have a smart mouth and that usually got me doing push ups lol.

You got a smart mouth? Get outta here...really?...:-/

He definately has one of the more impressive running styles I've seen. He might have an extra chamber to his heart or some sh&t. It seems as if he's gonna levitate off the ground. Defenders are starting to just give up when he gets even with them, almost like they're running backwards. He's our much more compact and stronger Jerious Norwood.

• Moderators

You'd have to be a plum fool to have his guy languishing on the practice squad and special teams with that type of ability for so long. I didn't even peep his route, sh@t was crispy, nice hands.

I can't come up with any explanation for how he isn't getting more touches. He has been like a video game. Most productive player in the league on his touches and yet he can't get even 6 touches in a game? Crazy.

• Like 1

Just found out the Lions had Antone in 2009! First NFL team for him. Omg whyyyy Lions why

Why would you have needed him then? You had Barry... oh wait. You had Reggie... oh wait. Okay nope you just had overrated scrubs who were perpetually injured. 

Why would you have needed him then? You had Barry... oh wait. You had Reggie... oh wait. Okay nope you just had overrated scrubs who were perpetually injured.

Somewhere Jimmy Shtewert (James Stewart in Chris Berman voice)and Jahvid Best are frowning

:-(

@Dolfan23 Can you guys hold down a 2 TD lead this week and beat the Bears please.

Sincerely,

#1 Lions fan

Ps You win today and last weeks GB game is forgotten.

Ha yeah I was pretty surprised that we handled Chicago as easily as we did. I'm kicking myself over the Packers loss as we had that in the bag as well. 

Glad we could help y'all out a little bit :)