• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Antone Smith

Admin

Alford is more of a liability than an asset, but i think Solai, Babineaux, Goodman, and Peters are solid. We just dont have one single respectable linebacker on our roster.

We need more than solid when the LBs are so bad.

Well I hear that Antone Smith kid is pretty good lol. How about Bell from Pitt? Or Davis from KC?

Bell from Pitt was a high pick in our draft. Davis was picked up when Charles went down in week 2 as well. I put in a waiver claim on the Chargers RB but I think I'm gonna try and get Antone Smith from Falcons.

Pick ip Antone - this might be the week Mike Smith finds a way to give him more touches :-).

Roger that :-)

If anyone hears more about Smith's likely touches, I'd definitely be interested to hear. It is hard to explain how he has gotten so few and done so much.

@AHF The radio guys were talking like Antone will get more touches. Then SJax said he wanted more touches. Knowing Smitty he'll prolly go with the vet Jax :-(

• Moderators

@AHF The radio guys were talking like Antone will get more touches. Then SJax said he wanted more touches. Knowing Smitty he'll prolly go with the vet Jax :-(

Thanks, @JayBirdHawk!  

You are probably right on SJax even though he has 295 yards on 75 rushes and targets while Antone has 277 yards on 19 rushes and targets - roughly 4x the production. 

Thanks, @JayBirdHawk!

You are probably right on SJax even though he has 295 yards on 75 rushes and targets while Antone has 277 yards on 19 rushes and targets - roughly 4x the production.

@AHF on Mike Smith's radio interview this morning he was specifically asked 'Will Antone get more touches and be more involved in the offense?

Response: He DESERVES more touches.

Sigh - I don't like calling for people's jobs since they are hard to come by but Mike Smith is starting to get on my last nerve.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

@AHF on Mike Smith's radio interview this morning he was specifically asked 'Will Antone get more touches and be more involved in the offense?

Sigh - I don't like calling for people's jobs since they are hard to come by but Mike Smith is starting to get on my last nerve.

Uh oh, @JayBirdHawk is about to turn into the lady of rage! 

Totally with you. I have a question for everyone tho...if our season goes on the toilet and the jets continue to stink would you be opposed to bringing in Rex to replace mike smith? I know I know....he's a circus and he talks to much but I think the guy can really coach. He's a great defensive coach and that's exactly what we need. The offense is set so no work needs to be done there from him, just come in and focus on turning this d around. He's done some good things with that joke of a franchise that is the jets and I think he could make us better. Just throwing it out there

Totally with you. I have a question for everyone tho...if our season goes on the toilet and the jets continue to stink would you be opposed to bringing in Rex to replace mike smith? I know I know....he's a circus and he talks to much but I think the guy can really coach. He's a great defensive coach and that's exactly what we need. The offense is set so no work needs to be done there from him, just come in and focus on turning this d around. He's done some good things with that joke of a franchise that is the jets and I think he could make us better. Just throwing it out there

I've heard your OC is going to be looking at HC jobs next season. He was even mentioned on my Dolphins forums as a possible replacement for our HC, although most don't think too highly of him as a HC based on what he did in college. So your offense might not be in great shape. 

Rex is a terrific coach and motivator though and considering he took the Jets to 2 straight AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez at QB, it says a lot about him. One thing with Rex though is he's clueless about offense and if you don't have a strong OC then it will hurt the team. 

I've heard your OC is going to be looking at HC jobs next season. He was even mentioned on my Dolphins forums as a possible replacement for our HC, although most don't think too highly of him as a HC based on what he did in college. So your offense might not be in great shape.

Rex is a terrific coach and motivator though and considering he took the Jets to 2 straight AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez at QB, it says a lot about him. One thing with Rex though is he's clueless about offense and if you don't have a strong OC then it will hurt the team.

If Koetter is gone after the season I won't be mad at all. I like the 4 verticals concept but he gets a little to predictable sometimes. And I can't say if it's him or mike smith but we get wayyyyyy to conservative in the second half of games.

With a QB like Matt and a wideout like Julio and a young stud LT like Jake Matthews it doesn't take a genius to run this offense. I would hope that Rex wouldn't mess it up to much lol. Get a coordinator and get out the way

So looking at the box score, Smith had 6 touches and another TD? How is he not getting 15+ touches a game right now?

We keep asking ourselves the same question

• Moderators

I can't figure out how our QB had a record setting game the first outing and since he's been hit and miss.  Seems Smith would be a good way to make some big plays. 

Change the drops to completions and Ryan's line would be almost exactly what Cutler's was.    I think Falcons had 7 or 8 drops and Bears had 1.   

So looking at the box score, Smith had 6 touches and another TD? How is he not getting 15+ touches a game right now?

Did they even run the ball 15 times? You have a mish-mash offensive line and you run the ball 13 times????

Too many dropped balls by all the receivers.

All the excuses about what Antone can't do needs to stop - focus on what he does well and give him the ball.

At this point I'd prefer to have Smith touch the ball with the chance he can get a TD than have SJax get one 14 yard run then 1 yard, 2 yard etc.

• Moderators

Did they even run the ball 15 times? You have a mish-mash offensive line and you run the ball 13 times????

Too many dropped balls by all the receivers.

All the excuses about what Antone can't do needs to stop - focus on what he does well and give him the ball.

At this point I'd prefer to have Smith touch the ball with the chance he can get a TD than have SJax get one 14 yard run then 1 yard, 2 yard etc.

Aren't the complaints about SJax the same ones we had about Turner his last 1-2 years?    It doesn't seem like we have the o-line for their running style.   Why we aren't running more screens I don't know either.

I'm no football expert but I have no idea what the Coaching staff is doing.

They named Prince Shembo a starting LB early last week and he doesn't play one (1) defensive snap? :-0

Why is Bierman still playing so any snaps?

What kind of defense are we playing? 4/3 3/4 with a bunch of crap on the middle?

@Dolfan23 Dang it! I was watching your game vs Packers. I thought you were gonna do the Lions a favor? :-( You roughed up Rodgers throughout the game, every time he got him by Wake or another huge dude I thought he wouldn't get back up, but he did. That dumb fake spike, I was hope the Dolphin corner would quickly take away the sideline from the Packers receiver and not let him get out of bounce, but it was risky because he was like 5 yards from the end zone and it would have meant that the safety had to close in immediately and make the tackle. Damn you Aaron Rodgers!!!! Aaahhhhhh I can't stop thinking about the end of that bs.