• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Antone Smith

Admin

After watching him in pre-season and on Hard Knocks I thought this kid was good. Seeing him in the regular season I really think he could be a superstar back if he got more carries. Kid just has an unreal combination of strength, speed and body control. He almost looks like a RB in Madden sometimes. 

• Like 2

Mike Smith is an ASS for not giving him more touches.

His excuse - they need him on special teams and he can't pass block - really???

It's a question being asked by most here in the Atl - EVERYTIME the coaches are asked "we have to find ways to get him more touches"'SMH

They're still trying to find ways - smh - just give him the damn ball.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Who was it that was giving me so much shit about Eli and how he's not a top tier QB?  He looked pretty good today and has most of the season as well. Certainly outplayed Ryan today, from what I saw on RedZone and the box score anyway. 

And DAMN YOU AND YOUR SORRY ASS LIONS @PSSSHHHRRR87 and @Spud2Nique. I hope your kicker goes and plays in traffic. How the hell did y'all lose that game!!!!! 

We could cut Rodgers and Jackson really. Smith has a rare type of speed man. If the coaching staff had a clue they would give him much more than 3 or 4 opportunities a game. Its a damn shame. Hes been here since 2009 and isnt an effective pass blocker ? At what point do the coaches not take responsibility for at least getting him up to par ?

They keep with the silly excuse about pass blocking - how the heck you get any better at it without real in game experience.

SJax just looks slow.

Mike Smith - the new master of panic.

We could cut Rodgers and Jackson really. Smith has a rare type of speed man. If the coaching staff had a clue they would give him much more than 3 or 4 opportunities a game. Its a damn shame. Hes been here since 2009 and isnt an effective pass blocker ? At what point do the coaches not take responsibility for at least getting him up to par ?

Smith is a stud in waiting and I honestly think you've got another one in Freeman as well. That kid was dangerous at FSU and he's got a great combo of size and agility. 

Having old man Jackson come back this year might be the worst thing for their development. 

Who was it that was giving me so much shit about Eli and how he's not a top tier QB? He looked pretty good today and has most of the season as well. Certainly outplayed Ryan today, from what I saw on RedZone and the box score anyway.

And DAMN YOU AND YOUR SORRY ASS LIONS @PSSSHHHRRR87 and @Spud2Nique. I hope your kicker goes and plays in traffic. How the hell did y'all lose that game!!!!!

You are really gonna pour alki on my wound? I'd rather drink it!! :-/

They keep with the silly excuse about pass blocking - how the heck you get any better at it without real in game experience.

SJax just looks slow.

Mike Smith - the new master of panic.

I've always thought that Smith was kind of overrated as a coach. There's just too much damn talent on that team to be 2-3 at this point and not capable of winning on the road. 

• Like 1

You are really gonna pour alki on my wound? I'd rather drink it!! :-/

Sorry man not trying to get you down as I'm sure you're pissed about the loss. But hey at least you haven't lost 2 straight games to the Bills by 19 points each time, like Miami has. They've got a championship caliber run game and defense so you can't feel too bad about losing to them. 

But if I were the Lions, I'd sign Prater tomorrow to be your new kicker. 

Who was it that was giving me so much shit about Eli and how he's not a top tier QB?  He looked pretty good today and has most of the season as well. Certainly outplayed Ryan today, from what I saw on RedZone and the box score anyway. 

Well one thing the box score left out was our LG, C, and RT were all out this game. Matt Ryan actually played well considering all of these facts. His one pick was a result of a crazy play. There was defensive holding on Julio which took him out of the play and allowed the defender to get the pick. The db then fumbled and we recovered. This sequence got us about 13-15 yards vs a 5 yard holding penalty so Smith declined the penalty.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Ryan has a high school offensive line. Dimittrof has failed building this team. The defense is the worst I've ever seen, zero pass rush.

Well one thing the box score left out was our LG, C, and RT were all out this game. Matt Ryan actually played well considering all of these facts. His one pick was a result of a crazy play. There was defensive holding on Julio which took him out of the play and allowed the defender to get the pick. The db then fumbled and we recovered. This sequence got us about 13-15 yards vs a 5 yard holding penalty so Smith declined the penalty.

Yeah your OL has had serious injury problems. Started off the pre-season looking promising and it's just gone to hell. 

Ryan is a very good QB, I just like giving y'all grief. But my point was mainly that Eli is a lot better QB than someone on here was giving him credit for being. The Giants are horribly coached on offense and he still finds ways to score points. 

Ryan has a high school offensive line. Dimittrof has failed building this team. The defense is the worst I've ever seen, zero pass rush.

Yeah he definitely has failed to really build a strong front 7. That's the opposite of the Phins, we have a terrific front 7 but the guys we've drafted at CB have been duds ever since we took Vontae Davis.. and proceeded to trade him once he became good lol. 

Tone is the most electric back we've had, yet every time he breaks a big play I already know that the coaches aren't going to put him back I'm the game. Like he only has one big play in him per game....get this man the damn ball.

• Like 1

I've always thought that Smith was kind of overrated as a coach. There's just too much damn talent on that team to be 2-3 at this point and not capable of winning on the road. 

Disagree about too much talent. Maybe on offense, but the O line did well given the injuries.  But on defense......talent just isn't there. 

And we've made every offense we've played this year look great.

Disagree about too much talent. Maybe on offense, but the O line did well given the injuries. But on defense......talent just isn't there.

And we've made every offense we've played this year look great.

Agreed - Matt and Julio is our talent on offense. No TE, no HD, a hobbled Roddy and a depleted O-line.

I guess Trufant and Alford are the talent on defense. There isn't one player from the front 7 that you can say is 'that guy'

Agreed - Matt and Julio is our talent on offense. No TE, no HD, a hobbled Roddy and a depleted O-line.

I guess Trufant and Alford are the talent on defense. There isn't one player from the front 7 that you can say is 'that guy'

Yeah none o em are that guy and that's the issue. We've got a bunch of ok guys but we don't have that guy that makes it all go. Corey peters is decent, Solia is decent, Babs is decent, Wor would be a good rotational guy but he shouldn't be our starting MLB especially with that line in front of him.1
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'm pissed about that too!  Damn kicker was 0/3 on the day.  I thought after they dumped Freese that we had fixed that problem.  The Lions' kickers are 4/12 on FG's this season.  That's 24 points left on the field!  It's the curse of Jason Hanson!  All those years the Lions never had to worry about field goals and now it's an issue.  Hope they bring in Prather.  But in other news, go Bills and I hope they win that division. beee.gif