• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Mike Smith fired during the bye?

Admin

Ahh, I just threw up in my mouth.  "Self scout" is the worst one for me.  Newsflash "Coach" Smith, you're not some football guru.

He don't want no scrubs like you

I'm really starting to dislike Mike Smith. He coaches like a Scardy cat. His press conferences make me wanna puke.

Scardy cat? Lol, I haven't heard that since I was a little girl haha

• Moderators

I used to like the guy but geez since we totallly blew the NFC championship game it's been total meltdown as a franchise.  I honestly believe this team is worse than last year's team.   That Detroit game you can name probably 5 coaching screw ups in the final 3 minutes that contributed/caused the loss.  That's a lot of friggin mistakes.   

Face it folks we have only one descent HC in the entirety of Atlanta regional sports. The funny thing is that Smith isn't even the worst of the bunch. My raking of worst to best:

1. Gonzalez (Braves)

2. Smith (Falcons)

3. Johnson (Tech)

4. Richt (UGA)

5. Budenholzer (Hawks)

That's right, the way I see the Hawks have the best HC in the Atlanta major sports. That can change through the year, and Richt could eventually move to the best of this sorry bunch, but I doubt it. Especially after yesterday's debacle in Jacksonville. 

Face it folks we have only one descent HC in the entirety of Atlanta regional sports. The funny thing is that Smith isn't even the worst of the bunch. My raking of worst to best:

1. Gonzalez (Braves)

2. Smith (Falcons)

3. Johnson (Tech)

4. Richt (UGA)

5. Budenholzer (Hawks)

That's right, the way I see the Hawks have the best HC in the Atlanta major sports. That can change through the year, and Richt could eventually move to the best of this sorry bunch, but I doubt it. Especially after yesterday's debacle in Jacksonville. 

That aint right to put Budz in that group. He's overachieved with the Hawks so far, all things considered. 

We also need a new GM.  It would make sense to me to hire a GM first and then a coach.  To do it otherwise seems backwards.  TD is in over his head and he hasn't given Smith the talent to compete with.  They hired a couple assistant GMs, wonder if either of them could do the job.

• Moderators

We also need a new GM.  It would make sense to me to hire a GM first and then a coach.  To do it otherwise seems backwards.  TD is in over his head and he hasn't given Smith the talent to compete with.  They hired a couple assistant GMs, wonder if either of them could do the job.

Agreed.  If you are changing the GM, you don't hire the coach first unless you are landing a superstar coach who will be exercising authority over player moves.

Agreed. If you are changing the GM, you don't hire the coach first unless you are landing a superstar coach who will be exercising authority over player moves.

The only person safe is McKay...I hope dimi and smith are both gone by years end

That aint right to put Budz in that group. He's overachieved with the Hawks so far, all things considered.

What I was trying to say is he's the best head coach we have in Atlanta sports right now. The rest need to move on

What I was trying to say is he's the best head coach we have in Atlanta sports right now. The rest need to move on

Yeah I know, I think the sarcasm was lost. Should have used the green font. I meant that as a fan of only one Atlanta team, it's an insult to put the coach of my team in there with those other scrubs :)

I'm not panicking at all. Tim Tebow showed me that absolutely anything is possible in the NFL. If the Falcons run off 8 straight it would be way down the list on football miracles I've seen. The Cardinals are 8-1 with a revolving door at QB for goodness sakes.

Yesterday hopefully was the start of a more physical point of attack in the running game and a more consistent pass rush, both the most important keys to winning IMO.

I'm not panicking at all. Tim Tebow showed me that absolutely anything is possible in the NFL. If the Falcons run off 8 straight it would be way down the list on football miracles I've seen. The Cardinals are 8-1 with a revolving door at QB for goodness sakes.

Yesterday hopefully was the start of a more physical point of attack in the running game and a more consistent pass rush, both the most important keys to winning IMO.

I want to believe like you do, but its the Bucs so im not getting too geeked off this win. I would like for us to go 6-0 or 5-1 in the NFC South to win the division. 3 wins in the playoffs and we are in the Superbowl.

• 2 weeks later...