• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague, Schröder or neither

Teague, Schroder or neither  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

None. Most teams wish they had our problem. Some have 1 PG that's not as good as Teague making much more than both combined. By mid-season I expect this team to round into a legit contender for the East as currently constructed (given that Payne is healthy and his length and athleticism translates to the areas we desperately need them).

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators

It always depends on the offer.  That is like asking:  "should I sell Car A, Car B or neither?"

Well, if Car A is worth $15K and Car B is worth $6K then we should look at the offers:

$22K for Car A and $12K for Car B - Sell both!

$22K for Car A and $4K for Car B - Sell Car A!

$12K for Car A and $11K for Car B - Sell Car B!

$12K for Car A and $4K for Car B- Sell neither!

Asking which we should deal without knowing the offers doesn't give you much basis to make that call.

(For example, you can say you'd rather trade Mike Scott than Al Horford in the abstract but if Scott will only bring you Carlos Boozer and Horford will bring you the Brow then you deal Al with a smile and wish him the best.)

• Like 1

It always depends on the offer. That is like asking: "should I sell Car A, Car B or neither?"

Well, if Car A is worth $15K and Car B is worth $6K then we should look at the offers:

$22K for Car A and $12K for Car B - Sell both!

$22K for Car A and $4K for Car B - Sell Car A!

$12K for Car A and $11K for Car B - Sell Car B!

$12K for Car A and $4K for Car B- Sell neither!

Asking which we should deal without knowing the offers doesn't give you much basis to make that call.

(For example, you can say you'd rather trade Mike Scott than Al Horford in the abstract but if Scott will only bring you Carlos Boozer and Horford will bring you the Brow then you deal Al with a smile and wish him the best.)

Agreed. Obviously depends on what you net in return for them. Just trying to get a feel for squawk perception. Personally I love them both, I guess I'd be more willing to deal Teague+Sap or Scott if the right deal came along.

Not interesting in a Dennis trade unless it's for Jabari Parker which won't be offered. Not really interesting in giving Jeff away either. A trade for an Greg Monroe or potential AS SG is of interest to me for Jeff Teague. To me, his value is like Paul Millsap. I value both players a lot but they aren't untradeable unless the value is extremely high like Horf or Dennis value. I would trade Horf for Kevin Love, or Andrew Wiggins, or Jabari Parker. Same with Dennis. Now I would trade Dennis for Beal or Giannis, players who I wouldn't trade Horf for. But my value for Dennis is extremely high. I see him as a potential superstar. I see a healthy Horf as a top 15 player. I greatly value them. I value Sap and Jeff. The only untradeable Hawk is Korver. Because his value is too low for how much I value him on our team. I feel the Hawks feel the same way. Now if someone offered Beal for Kyle, I would do it in a NY min but no one will do that.

• Premium Member

You don't trade either player just to make a trade. If you can improve the team you obviously do it, but no need to send one off just because.

There are going to be many games when Teague is the superior player. You let this play out and be thankful that both players are playing well at different times. You never know, Teague could have played well at the end of the last game if he was on the court. Luckily, Dennis was playing great so we didn't have to worry about it.

Mack isn't bad either, I still think he will play a big role as the season progresses.

Not interesting in a Dennis trade unless it's for Jabari Parker which won't be offered. Not really interesting in giving Jeff away either. A trade for an Greg Monroe or potential AS SG is of interest to me for Jeff Teague. To me, his value is like Paul Millsap. I value both players a lot but they aren't untradeable unless the value is extremely high like Horf or Dennis value. I would trade Horf for Kevin Love, or Andrew Wiggins, or Jabari Parker. Same with Dennis. Now I would trade Dennis for Beal or Giannis, players who I wouldn't trade Horf for. But my value for Dennis is extremely high. I see him as a potential superstar. I see a healthy Horf as a top 15 player. I greatly value them. I value Sap and Jeff. The only untradeable Hawk is Korver. Because his value is too low for how much I value him on our team. I feel the Hawks feel the same way. Now if someone offered Beal for Kyle, I would do it in a NY min but no one will do that.

This may be the first time I completely agree with you but this is spot on

too early. Got to let iy develop. Of course Schro playing up to or past JT would create flexibility. All else even you keep the rook contract

This!

I think we should definitely only be talking about keeping both as of right now unless Dennis starts having 20/10 games consistently! Lol if Dennis does that then yeah we can get rid of Teague for a need position (SG/SF/C)

But we are rushing into this! Dennis is getting the job done but let's let the guy continue developing. We have a good situation right now and if Dennis does outplay Jeff and take his position atleast then we could package Teague and Sap in a trade.

• Like 1

I'd say "neither" right now but one will eventually have to be traded.

ETA: Premature poll @Spud2Nique ... happens to all of us (except me).

I don't know what your talkin about. (And neither does my gf so don't bother asking her....:-/)