• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Lakers

lethalweapon3

I don't see posts from people I have on ignore unless someone else quotes them. It's not necessarily obvious from how the message board is set up, but I know what I'm doing. I'm an old dog here, I've seen it all.

You also shouldn't take things personally on this board, even if I was referring to you (which I'm not here). I'm trying to be someone who brings perspective to the situation here. I don't care to stir things up on this message board anymore, those days are waaaay behind me.

Well since you are bringing up perpective, from mine, it looked like you were just pointing out something I said and going in.  I wasn't taking it personally, (I LOLed) just wondering why someone would do that.

Anyways, if Horford can't get any meaningful rebounds and is constantly out rebounded by guards and small forwards, the Hawks need to move on.

The Hawks problems:

1. Falling behind big early in the 1Q and 1st half then having to battle back

2. I would like to see Teague get off to a faster start instead of just laying back - his teammates feed off his aggressiveness. What happened to playing with 'pace and space?'

3. How are we worse defensively than last year? We have no resistance at the rim.

4. We get close to winning games then it all fails because we can't secure an effing rebound. Until that changes, we are doomed.

• Moderators

This team was always going to be a few games above .500 this season and out in the first or second round of the playoffs.  I don't see anything to change my view of them 10 games in.  They will get a couple nice wins this season and lose some games they shouldn't.  We weren't a top team when we won 4 in a row and we aren't a bottom feeder now that we have lost a pair of ugly ones.  Being middle of the pack means we will see more streaks like the two of those.

I'm not ready to kill Al but do agree he needs to pickup his D and rebounding.  

I'm upset with the loss but I guess I'm more upset at the energy level we displayed in the first half. We need to come out with some passion and play like its a playoff game every night. These are pro players and this is their job. They need to be excited to have this opportunity and show it.

Also, we need to exploit mismatches. Teague is faster than Lin so he should attack Lin EVERY possession. I don't really blame Al because they guy has been injured 2/3 seasons so he is psychologically scared there might be another freak injury. He will come along I'm not worried.

It's early, we are going to have ups and downs...it's a long season. But as a fan I'd really appreciate some heart. Korver's drought is killing us too. Also we miss DMC and it shows. As long as we head into the playoffs hot, I could care less about stretches of crappy play along the way, but I gotta say I hate losing to the Lakers, specially when they are such a crappy team. Honestly Boozer should not have had more than 4 points in this game, same with Lin. Lin is a stinking rec player.

Sorry for the vent.

But Antić, left all alone outside the arc, couldn't make the tying 3.

"It's basically an easy shot," he said. "I usually make that shot."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400578447

No you don't you lousy bum. You haven't made any shots since Jan of last year. Asshole. I would rather watch Josh shoot 3's than you. BUM.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/2585616/year/2014/pero-Antić

January was the last time he shot well for the month. This bum should be released.

I don't know which is worse.... This team or the Titans. ugh.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

Silver lining! We made Deadspin! Okay, well, Kobe did, actually, for the wrong reason.

Even When The Lakers Are Winning, They're Losing
(Watch Kobe.)

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/even-when-the-lakers-are-winning-theyre-losing-1660430295

gw8s5prgpy4g3cex4ejd.gif

But heck, at least they got somebody trying to tell his teammates what to do on defense. Even the phantom ones!

~lw3

Silver lining! We made Deadspin! Okay, well, Kobe did, actually, for the wrong reason.

Even When The Lakers Are Winning, They're Losing

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/even-when-the-lakers-are-winning-theyre-losing-1660430295

gw8s5prgpy4g3cex4ejd.gif

But heck, at least they got somebody trying to tell his teammates what to do on defense. Even the phantom ones!

~lw3

Hahaha...I love any video that makes Kobe look like a shmuck loser.

But Antić, left all alone outside the arc, couldn't make the tying 3.

"It's basically an easy shot," he said. "I usually make that shot."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400578447

No you don't you lousy bum. You haven't made any shots since Jan of last year. Asshole. I would rather watch Josh shoot 3's than you. BUM.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/2585616/year/2014/pero-Antić

January was the last time he shot well for the month. This bum should be released.

I don't know which is worse.... This team or the Titans. ugh.

I dunno about watching Smoove shoot 3's over Pero. That's like saying would you like to drown to your ultimate demise or burn. But I seriously cannot stomach Pero anymore. The guy plays like he's 6'2". He can't rebound, play defense or shoot. I'm really not sure how much patience Bud has, but I'm losing patience in Pero simply because I see absolutely zero improvement in his game. I'm not even talking about improving game to game I'm talking about month to month and now it seems season to season.

The Hawks problems:

1. Falling behind big early in the 1Q and 1st half then having to battle back

2. I would like to see Teague get off to a faster start instead of just laying back - his teammates feed off his aggressiveness. What happened to playing with 'pace and space?'

3. How are we worse defensively than last year? We have no resistance at the rim.

4. We get close to winning games then it all fails because we can't secure an effing rebound. Until that changes, we are doomed.

We were weak defending the rim last year. We won 38 games and clearly lived and died chucking threes. Horford and Sap wasn't a good fit last year either but Al was healthy and that at least helped us as well as a weak schedule. This year, teams are better than last year. The NBA is finally having parity to a degree. 

I'm upset with the loss but I guess I'm more upset at the energy level we displayed in the first half. We need to come out with some passion and play like its a playoff game every night. These are pro players and this is their job. They need to be excited to have this opportunity and show it.

Also, we need to exploit mismatches. Teague is faster than Lin so he should attack Lin EVERY possession. I don't really blame Al because they guy has been injured 2/3 seasons so he is psychologically scared there might be another freak injury. He will come along I'm not worried.

It's early, we are going to have ups and downs...it's a long season. But as a fan I'd really appreciate some heart. Korver's drought is killing us too. Also we miss DMC and it shows. As long as we head into the playoffs hot, I could care less about stretches of crappy play along the way, but I gotta say I hate losing to the Lakers, specially when they are such a crappy team. Honestly Boozer should not have had more than 4 points in this game, same with Lin. Lin is a stinking rec player.

Sorry for the vent.

Lin isn't a terrible man defender. He is actually a good one. His team defense is where he struggles. 

Lin isn't a terrible man defender. He is actually a good one. His team defense is where he struggles.

Ummm did you watch the playoffs last year? Lin was just being exposed by Lillard and Mo Williams. It was hard to watch. Honestly Teague should have torn him a new one on every play just to let him know he sucks. Instead Teague was passive once again except for that crazy thunderous dunk. Lin should have fouled out by halftime if Teague was aggressive.

• Moderators

I dunno about watching Smoove shoot 3's over Pero. That's like saying would you like to drown to your ultimate demise or burn. But I seriously cannot stomach Pero anymore. The guy plays like he's 6'2". He can't rebound, play defense or shoot. I'm really not sure how much patience Bud has, but I'm losing patience in Pero simply because I see absolutely zero improvement in his game. I'm not even talking about improving game to game I'm talking about month to month and now it seems season to season.

Well I can't really defend his shooting anymore.   He's definitely not hitting shots he should be making but he did have 8 rebounds in 18 minutes last night.   It seemed like he was making more of an effort on the offensive glass.   I was pissed he missed the 3 at the end.

Well I can't really defend his shooting anymore. He's definitely not hitting shots he should be making but he did have 8 rebounds in 18 minutes last night. It seemed like he was making more of an effort on the offensive glass. I was pissed he missed the 3 at the end.

He might have had 8 boards but I just don't care about a guy's stats or +/- or anything. I just wanna see him hustle, bring energy, make smart plays and be team oriented.

Ya, that 3 was wiiiiiide open. I mean I know you hit some and miss some but Pero is missing way more often than hitting these days.

Ummm did you watch the playoffs last year? Lin was just being exposed by Lillard and Mo Williams. It was hard to watch. Honestly Teague should have torn him a new one on every play just to let him know he sucks. Instead Teague was passive once again except for that crazy thunderous dunk. Lin should have fouled out by halftime if Teague was aggressive.

Lillard is one of the best players in the NBA. Top 12ish. Even with that said, Lin is a good man defender. He struggles at team D. 

Lillard is one of the best players in the NBA. Top 12ish. Even with that said, Lin is a good man defender. He struggles at team D.

How is Lin a good man defender? His man always dominates him.

For those that say nobody ever talks about the Hawks, we made PTI today.  They were asking if Swaggy P's swag rubbed off on the Lakers to propel them to the win over the Hawks.  Yay?

For those that say nobody ever talks about the Hawks, we made PTI today. They were asking if Swaggy P's swag rubbed off on the Lakers to propel them to the win over the Hawks. Yay?

I'm sure the response was along the lines of "The Hawks stink, they don't need any of P's Swag!"

And is it me, or are many of the trade/ FA topics of the past few months been killing us? Lance's

shot sunk us after Jefferson beasted, Kevin Love's team had some rare early success, Ed Davis and Jordan Hill showed the length and effort we lack up front, Lin played his best game. Deng didn't do anything, but watch Ariza and Monroe show us how bad the signings of Baze, Thabo, Brand, Payne, and Pero were (and I like Pero).

Edited by benhillboy