• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I get it...

HawkItus

TO: The Tankers and Superstar Chasers

Friends,

I get it.  Last night opened my eyes to what you all have been preaching.  That performance last night was like a beautiful sonnet.  A street side performance by a string virtuoso.  Yes, the Lakers suck, but even in the midst of a haphazard season that offers no real promise of a brighter day.   Kobe can trickle that little ray of sunshine to thaw the icy disposition of a disenfranchised Lakers fan.  We have never had that.  It seems we never will.  Yes, we probably will have a better record than them this season, but we won't experience anything like that.  Sure Kyle will have a night where he can't miss.  Paul will dominate some bottom feeder an make our hearts flutter.  Al and Teague will efficiently pick and roll some slob of a center into basketball oblivion.  But, none of them will grab our hearts by reminding us of a perfect time when Hawk land was Camelot and King Arthur wore our jersey.   I'm not saying I'm team tank or get a star at all cost, but I will say I understand.  

• Like 2

Welcome to the dark side!

(I am not at all enchanted by late career Kobe or his clone Wizards MJ but if you can see the impact of a superstar through a past-his-prime Kobe than so be it.)

It's not what he's doing now, its that he does it now and you remember the glory years.  MJ is a different story.  Him doing that with the Wizards was nothing.  All the memories were in Chicago.  We got robbed of that with the Nique trade.  

Oh no another has gone over to the dark side. 

(I am not at all enchanted by late career Kobe or his clone Wizards MJ but if you can see the impact of a superstar through a past-his-prime Kobe than so be it.)

Come on ElsaHF you know you were enchanted by Kobe last night. Hell even I was impressed with those beautiful shots that never seemed to miss. 

Another one bites the dust, huh?  Let tha tank flow within you @HawkItus

• Premium Member

I try to stay out of the superstar/tank threads because they never go anywhere. There will be more coming over to the dark side as the season wears on. No need for any of us to make a thread about 'superstar vs. team'. There will come a point where the truth will be undeniable. All this talk about success on the court and bringing fans to the game consistently all have the same solution. It will take time for everyone to realize it.

Edited by hawkman

What I don't get about these threads is that nobody has ever argued against having a superstar.

If someone has then they truly are in the dark, all alone, or perhaps snuggling a Sith Lord.

Now, getting the superstar, that's the difficult part.  Is it luck in the draft, great recruiting, or player development that gets you there?

Choose your path wisely young Padawan.

Edited by ATLSmith

• Premium Member

No, here's the kicker my friend.

You look at all those teams who the non-tank fashion used to point to and say... They're not going anywhere.

Sacramento

Washington

New Orleans

Milwaukee

Toronto

They are all better than us... and they have their Tank Proceeds leading the way.

DMCousins.

Wall

Davis

Parker

Etc...

When you put yourself in the position to get a franchise player and your GM makes a smart choice.... You will be able to feel victory.

Otherwise, it's back to the treadmill you go.

Still thinking about you Wretch (prayers still coming your way)!!

Salute_2.jpg

• Like 1

What I don't get about these threads is that nobody has ever argued against having a superstar.

If someone has then they truly are in the dark, all alone, or perhaps snuggling a Sith Lord.

Now, getting the superstar, that's the difficult part.  Is it luck in the draft, great recruiting, or player development that gets you there?

Choose your path wisely young Padawan.

There were quite a few who were against us having a superstar.  Their argument was team ball wins or STTE and they felt we had enough with the roster as is and the system we play.

• Premium Member

There were quite a few who were against us having a superstar.  Their argument was team ball wins or STTE and they felt we had enough with the roster as is and the system we play.

System play doesn't win anything without a superstar.

Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker are not minced meat.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of tanking, but if we did, I would have one main concern:  

Korver.  

If we were to tank, I hope we'd have the decency to trade him to a contending team.  With him signing a new contract with us, I feel it was based off the vision of building for the near future of contending and I'd be sick if he was sold a false bill of goods.  

Anyone else, I don't care about. Horf and Teague were drafted, Sap was a one, short term contract.