• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Put Shelvin in A Suit Please!

LastDon

Shelvin Mack is a 2nd round 3rd string point guard.. For him to be guaranteed 20 to 25 minutes a night at shooting guard is disgusting.. He is inconsistent and is a very average player offensively..He is slow and an average outside shooter..

I like Bud's system but his insistence on givin consistent minutes to Mack and Pero is baffling?? We as fans want to see the guys drafted by the organization given fair chances to pan out.. Bud handling of John Jenkins and Adreian Payne has put a sour taste in my mouth..

The Atlanta beat writers arent doin a good job in askin bud quality questions about his rotation..

• Like 1

Shelvin Pero Thabo Bazemore shouldn't be guaranteed shit they are talented enough to play consistent.. I'm ready to see some other guys play some quality minutes and it's time for the above players to get some dnp's..the bench is being under utilized.. all of these players should jus be ready to play when there name called..no players on the bench should have guaranteed minutes..

Don this is out of character for you to be complaining after a win, although I do appreciate the refrain from using ALL CAPS as usual.  Let's just ride Budz rotation until we lose or really even come close to losing. One thing I'm learning from not watching the games and just watching the gamecast is that we are winning almost every single quarter every single game. That means that #thisshitworks. 

Just sit back and enjoy the ride until there's something to actually complain about. 

You also need to consider that Mack is still adjusting to his role of playing off the ball so much. He was either the best or among the best in the NBA in assist to TO ratio last year and I think this is only his what 3rd year in the league? Give him some time. 

As for Thabo, the guy may be our best defensive player and certainly is off the bench. He needs to play as he causes problems for the other offense. 

As for Pero, I would love to see his minutes being taken by Payne but as long as we're winning I'm not going to complain. Payne has a long and tremendous career ahead of him. Pero won't be in the league in a couple of years. 

• Like 2

Shelvin Pero Thabo Bazemore shouldn't be guaranteed shit they are talented enough to play consistent.. I'm ready to see some other guys play some quality minutes and it's time for the above players to get some dnp's..the bench is being under utilized.. all of these players should jus be ready to play when there name called..no players on the bench should have guaranteed minutes..

There's two sides of the court and thabo bazemore and Antić all play consistent good defense with thabo playing elite defense. Antić contributes on offense in ways that wont show up on the box score and thabo is alright outside of his dreadful 3 pt shooting.

• Like 2

There's two sides of the court and thabo bazemore and Antić all play consistent good defense with thabo playing elite defense. Antić contributes on offense in ways that wont show up on the box score and thabo is alright outside of his dreadful 3 pt shooting.

All anyone seems to care about is what's going on regarding offense, we are winning games and on a winning streak because of the much improved defense.

It's hard to complain when you are winning like we have , however I will . I agree Jenkins , Payne, Muscula should be getting more playing time . I am not saying play them exclusively but they can eat into PT of Kent, Pero, Mack. It was good to see Muscula get PT and produce today. I don't know what JJ has done to be in CMB dog house . We could have used his shooting tonight.

• Like 1

It's hard to complain when you are winning like we have , however I will . I agree Jenkins , Payne, Muscula should be getting more playing time . I am not saying play them exclusively but they can eat into PT of Kent, Pero, Mack. It was good to see Muscula get PT and produce today. I don't know what JJ has done to be in CMB dog house . We could have used his shooting tonight.

You dont know because you aren't around the team day in and day out like coach bud is. Its quite amusing to see people saying that so and so should be getting minutes over the other.

Has Bud not gained your trust yet? He sure has gained mine and I'm going to keep trusting that he knows best when it comes to rotations.

• Like 2

Jenkins should be playing over Mack. I don't understand why Bud dumps on Jenkins so much....

I'm sure there's got to be some reason. Bud isn't the type to really have a doghouse. He might be trying to keep Mack's value up in case they use him in a trade. 

It seems Net rating for Jenkins is -15 this year and was -7.9 in 2012-2013, where Mack is -3.3 for this year and two years ago. That explains why mack gets PT and JJ doesn't.

Same with Pero he is + 13 in Net Rtg  this year while Muscala is -2.3.  Moose this year has shown a PIE greater than 11, indicating he is better than the average NBA player, so he probably will see more PT soon. 

All anyone seems to care about is what's going on regarding offense, we are winning games and on a winning streak because of the much improved defense.

No kidding. Seems during this streak we've routinely kept teams in the 80's...last night 79...crazy consistency on defense...great sign.

• Moderators

It seems Net rating for Jenkins is -15 this year and was -7.9 in 2012-2013, where Mack is -3.3 for this year and two years ago. That explains why mack gets PT and JJ doesn't.

Same with Pero he is + 13 in Net Rtg  this year while Muscala is -2.3.  Moose this year has shown a PIE greater than 11, indicating he is better than the average NBA player, so he probably will see more PT soon. 

Jenkins has played a total of 24 minutes over 2 games this season.  Are we really going to use the numbers on this?  

Some people are going to get marginalized in the rotation and our seemingly washing out Jenkins and last year's second round pick seem like good guys for those last spots on the roster.  The guy whose lack of playing time frustrates me is Payne.  

That said, I totally buy into trusting Bud's decisions at this point.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Jenkins has played a total of 24 minutes over 2 games this season.  Are we really going to use the numbers on this?  

Some people are going to get marginalized in the rotation and our seemingly washing out Jenkins and last year's second round pick seem like good guys for those last spots on the roster.  The guy whose lack of playing time frustrates me is Payne.  

That said, I totally buy into trusting Bud's decisions at this point.

Agree.  And why change anything when we are rolling like this.  

I pointed out in chat that Pero has played much better lately and was questioned like I was a alien. With that said , I still think Moose should have his playing time