• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Magic (Friday)

lethalweapon3

Another fugly win but I'll take it. 9 in a row and counting.

1. AL was on fire in the 1st quarter.

2. It's a good test for these hawks when the offense is not clicking, the defense can still keep them in games.

3. Did we miss Pero to spread the floor? Orlando was able to camp in the lane.

4. 7 missed free throws 4 by Sap although he hit 2 end of games one

5. Elton still taking charges. He along with Dennis put the defensive pressure on in 3rd quarter.

6. Baze got some seconds.

7. Another worrisome performance from the PGs.

8. In years past a Hawks team getting down by 9 in the 3rd quarter and playing some bad offensive basketball - no way it gets turned around and win with defense.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

No long comments tonight but if teague keep playing like this he won't be an all star and more importantly the Hawks can't keep shooting this bad! I get its only 2 games but they aren't going to beat many teams shooting 39%....but props to the defense even though it is Orlando they didn't let them score a crazy amount of points

Well that's gotta upset a couple people around here...

Lol I love Sap but I want Monroe here too...not to replace but work along with him and AL! Once we get that mindset around here to stop wanting to trade the guys that actually has value the Hawks will get better and the fan base will be happier.

I think it's clear sap isn't going anywhere

• Like 1

Sap doesn't do anything wrong. I've said it before... Yellow hard cap, lunch pail, keeps his mouth shut, and works. I hope we keep up this momentum, but if so, he deserves to make a cameo in the AS game. No disrespect to Horf or Jeff

• Premium Member

blink.png

We have a lot of guys on here who think they understand the Hawks personnel better than our potential coach of the year.  If Pero didn't contribute on a nightly basis, why would Bud put him on the floor? 

Also, why are there advanced stats and film analysis that clearly show how valuable Pero is to this team that plenty seem to ignore?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well that's gotta upset a couple people around here...

When the shots stop falling, Paul Millsap starts grinding.  That's what I love about him.

Horford just isn't there yet.  I think the most obvious difference tonight is that Paul shot 10 free throws while Horford shot none.  Rather than try and force the issue in the paint like Millsap, Horford just keeps shooting that jumper hoping it will fall.

Every great team needs a Millsap type for when the game slows down.

• Like 3

When the shots stop falling, Paul Millsap starts grinding.  That's what I love about him.

Horford just isn't there yet.  I think the most obvious difference tonight is that Paul shot 10 free throws while Horford shot none.  Rather than try and force the issue in the paint like Millsap, Horford just keeps shooting that jumper hoping it will fall.

Every great team needs a Millsap type for when the game slows down.

There was an article i read on TeamStream today talking about the insane drop in FT rate by Al this year. I think they said he's averaging .5 FT attempts for every 10 shots he takes. Which is about 3 times lower than his career average. Don't quote me on that but I believe those were the numbers. He said it has to do with still recovering from the injury and that he tries to clear the paint still Trillsap likes to work in there. Thankfully Al is a "gawd" as they put it from mid-range otherwise his game would be in trouble since he doesn't and never has drawn many fouls. 

• Like 1

Sap doesn't do anything wrong. I've said it before... Yellow hard cap, lunch pail, keeps his mouth shut, and works. I hope we keep up this momentum, but if so, he deserves to make a cameo in the AS game. No disrespect to Horf or Jeff

Ah you know things...I was uh, this, that...construction business...I worked a lot with my hands (like SAP)- Tony Montana