• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something that's REALLY bugging me regarding media coverage

lerspec

Yeah I agree with you.  ESPN is one thing and is to be expected.  The AJC dropping the ball on this team, when the team needs it the most, is inexcusable.  The Hawks are on the cusp of becoming the premier sports franchise in Atlanta and the AJC needs to recognize that and support them.

• Premium Member

Yeah I agree with you.  ESPN is one thing and is to be expected.  The AJC dropping the ball on this team, when the team needs it the most, is inexcusable.  The Hawks are on the cusp of becoming the premier sports franchise in Atlanta and the AJC needs to recognize that and support them.

It's not just disappointing for the city of Atlanta, it should be embarrassing for the paper to not have the foresight to get in front of what will be one of the biggest stories of the year as the hawks go to the conference finals.

I can't disagree, the local coverage of the Hawks from the UGAjc is beyond pathetic. Mike Bobo leaving had more cover than any of the Hawks' streaks. They can win another five in a row and it will be a blip compared to the Belk Bowl. The only way they'll pay the Hawks any attention is if they make it to the ECFs, if not beyond. Of course, if UGA's 4th string tight end tweets that he prefers A-1 over Heinz 57, that's subject to change.

It's a trickle down effect; the locals can't find any Hawks coverage in the AJC, then they go to the national folks, only to find them saying that they've only beaten bad teams, good teams overlooked them, they're not all that good, etc. Then from that, their minds are made up not to support them based on those assumptions.

Sad, sad, sad...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

It's a trickle down effect; the locals can't find any Hawks coverage in the AJC, then they go to the national folks, only to find them saying that they've only beaten bad teams, good teams overlooked them, they're not all that good, etc. Then from that, their minds are made up not to support them based on those assumptions.

Sad, sad, sad...

Haven't we heard the same claims here?

Yep, but as everyone well knows, us saying it carries far less weight to folks than, say, Stephen A. Smith saying it on First Take. We know he's an idiot but he's a well known idiot. Unfortunately, there are people who actually take his words as gospel...

• Like 1

During this incredible Hawks run ESPN has always had the Hawks as the 2nd or 3rd NBA story....honestly that's to be expected due to the fact that we don't have any "Star" or a character that can really lead a story. 

Verdict: Annoying but understandable.

HOWEVER

What is truly pissing me off is the ATLANTA Journal Constitution's total lack of front page coverage for the Hawks.

Every night after a big win, I log on expecting to at least see a picture or two of the game on the main page............except it's never there. 

Today's headlines include the worthless Braves signing a middle reliever and a story about the Atlanta Streetcar opening....WOOOOOHOOOOO.

The Falcons win? Can't find a damn thing anywhere on the page EXCEPT Falcons.

I don't know what the behind the scenes relationship is between the Hawks and AJC but it's embarrassing and frustrating when this team is arguably playing the best they've EVER played and the hometown paper won't give them recognition.

Shame on you AJC

Nobody cares about the AjC anyway.

Wow! Last night’s @ATLHawks game on @SportSouth generated a 2.78 rating, the highest-rated regular season game on the network since 2011-12.

8:40 AM - 24 Dec 2014 · Details
People are taking notice!
Edited by pimp
  • Like 2

I agree about the AJC both print and electronically delivered the Hawks stuff is buried. The AJC has an awful editorial staff and don't know what they are doing (as evidenced by the fact D. Orlando Lebetter still has a job). What I have found is the AJC does listen if you write in with suggestions, so I encourage everyone, especially subscribers, to give them hell. 

@hawksfanatic

I'm a subscriber and have been most of my adult life. They generally acknowledge when I say things aren't working. Ledbetter is MUCH worse than Viv. Viv just didn't know basketball and it took him a while to get access to the team (maybe Gearon's doing- especially after the Thrashers debacle?). Ledbetter just can't write. Second, what he does write is sophomoric at best. Actually my 5th grader writes more interesting stories.

Announcers been showing us love throughout these XMAS games

You can tell they're trying to avoid it, but then they put the big standings graphic up and they're forced to. It wouldn't surprise me if someone glosses over it and mention the 4 teams around us before the night is over. Stupid Chuck doesn't seem to know we're in the East and have beaten his favorite team shorthanded. Edited by benhillboy