• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Sirius Radio: Coach George Karl on the Hawks

JTB

Not sure if anyone had a chance to tune in to listen to coach Karl give his thoughts on the Hawks but you missed some intresting points! I can't of course remember all of what he said but here's a couple of key things:

-said Hawks and Raptors are the biggest surprises of the NBA east so far.

-said that DANNY FERRY deserves a lot of props for putting this team together

-talked about when he cut DMC back when he was in Denver and DMC told him he would regret it and coach Karl said he's finally regretting. Really gave DMC big time props as a great defender and much improved 3 ball shooter

-said that coach Bud is one of the best in the NBA and he really has gotten his team to buy into his system.

.......now for the REALLY GOOD STUFF coach Karl said about the Hawks

-said he absolutely LOVES watching horford and Sap play!...said atlanta has something with their two bigs that no other team has and that's all around play. Really credited their defense as a tandem and spoke on how underrated they were defensively just because by the naked eye they aren't the biggest PF/C combo in the league....just gave tons of props to both of them

-said he'd be shocked if sap don't go to the all star game and if he doesn't it's a darn shame.

-said more about Hawks good defense than offense throughout the conversation

-said he was very very impressed with teague and Dennis

.....sap then was called on the show and sap really just talked about how close him and his teammates are and also talked about him and six other Hawks competitive chess matches that they have.

My thoughts:

George Karl was right on the money with his thoughts especially on Sap and Al. I have no doubt that sap and Al will stay our PF and C combo...and for great reasons!

Thoughts?

Speaking of regrets... I bet Denver regrets letting him go now.

• Like 1

Good stuff from a really good coach. 

Ferry seems to have an eye from marginal to mid-level talent. Getting those guys that can contribute every night is hugely important to building a winning organization. We still are missing that last piece, but i will keep enjoying watching this team play great basketball. 

Some things that stood out for me: 

The locker room is obviously tight. I think that closeness allows them to play the way they play: selfless ball movement, team defense, and not over-reacting to large deficits or get too high on big leads. 

Karl doesn't tend to praise defense, so that is good to hear about the Hawks. 

I'm one of the few who don't think much of Karl but good stuff. A lot of NBA people are catching on to Bud a year late but better than never. The defense is certainly a surprise to everyone but the offense was solidified when Pero had his good stretch last January. Teague's maturation and Al back on deck just made it a juggernaut.

That was me that called in and asked him about the Hawks. So Hawksquawk has heard my voice. I think Karl and I are tight now, lol.

Cool stuff. Your voice doesn't match your avatar pic..lol

I actually caught that tonight..I have Sirius xm for 1 more day :-( Karl really raved about us...it's so damn refreshing to get recognition and not be the doormat. Love it!

Just an FYI, you can easily work them down to around $25 for 5 months or like $80 or something for a year. If you can't spare it, I totally understand. But it's a great deal, and you literally just have to ask and be firm with the fact that you're canceling otherwise. Just sayin.

Just an FYI, you can easily work them down to around $25 for 5 months or like $80 or something for a year. If you can't spare it, I totally understand. But it's a great deal, and you literally just have to ask and be firm with the fact that you're canceling otherwise. Just sayin.

Ya I like it a lot, I think I'm gonna try to do that. Although by listening to nba radio in the car and watching nba package games at night, I might get sick of the nba...I guess if it woulda happened, it would have long ago..lol