• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we peaking too soon?

HawkItus

No, I doubt it. Cleveland giving up 2 first round picks for Mozgov guarantees their failure for a few more years.

We're winning despite overcoming some major shortcoming in the stats every night. Bud is building habits to make the team better for that present day, tomorrow isn't a factor. This ain't the Spurs where they can take their foot off the pedal for rest and what have you. This team has shown they play as hard as they practice, nothing is changing about that.

As long as we're as healthy as we are now, I have no qualms about this team besides Mike Scott stepping it up.

Cleveland is playing a dangerous game by mortgaging their future for lebron to build a team that likely wont make the Finals. Hes already proven that he will run if the going gets tough and I dont see these two trades making them good enough to beat us or Chicago in a 7 game series.

• Like 1

No, I doubt it. Cleveland giving up 2 first round picks for Mozgov guarantees their failure for a few more years.

We're winning despite overcoming some major shortcoming in the stats every night. Bud is building habits to make the team better for that present day, tomorrow isn't a factor. This ain't the Spurs where they can take their foot off the pedal for rest and what have you. This team has shown they play as hard as they practice, nothing is changing about that.

As long as we're as healthy as we are now, I have no qualms about this team besides Mike Scott stepping it up.

They actually needed Mosgov, that's not a lost and I am quick to say when someone lost a deal but that's not a lost. 

Do you truly believe that we've "Peaked" and we will get no better?

Don't tell Bud.  In his interviews after any game, he always mentions

that there are a lot of areas we need to improve on.

Peaked, to me, indicates that this is as good as it's going to get.  I don't

believe that we're there yet.

buba.gif

I'm not sure GM. I hope you're right, but my goodness if they can get much better......I'm a little scared.

• Like 2

What moves do we need to make? I would love to trade for Jeff Green but not at the expense of our starters, Dennis or Edy. In that case, why would Boston do it? They wouldn't unless we traded our 2015 1st. 

I'm not advocating any moves, except maybe JJ out so we can bring in Shuttlesworth.   I just wonder what more this team has left in the tank.

They actually needed Mosgov, that's not a lost and I am quick to say when someone lost a deal but that's not a lost.

They didn't get him for free. Giving up two 1st rounders for mozgov when you are going to be capped out and unable to sign free agents is a problem. They do still have haywoods unguaranteed contract that they can trade in the off-season but it won't land them a difference maker.

• Like 1

They didn't get him for free. Giving up two 1st rounders for mozgov when you are going to be capped out and unable to sign free agents is a problem. They do still have haywoods unguaranteed contract that they can trade in the off-season but it won't land them a difference maker.

But, CLE is in win now mode.  They don't have any of their main guys locked up except for Irving.  They need to win now.

But, CLE is in win now mode. They don't have any of their main guys locked up except for Irving. They need to win now.

Thats not what lebron said in his lovely letter. He said he knew they wouldn't win quickly and the young guys have to grow. Dudes a clown.

• Like 1

Yeah, that is actually a great move for Cleveland I believe. Mozgov was the best big man on the market to be moved, and they did what they had to do to get it done. I may be higher on Mozgov than most, but they needed a big, and I think they got the only available one who could actually make a difference for them.

I don't think you can criticize that move much-- if at all.

• Like 1

Yeah, that is actually a great move for Cleveland I believe. Mozgov was the best big man on the market to be moved, and they did what they had to do to get it done. I may be higher on Mozgov than most, but they needed a big, and I think they got the only available one who could actually make a difference for them.

I don't think you can criticize that move much-- if at all.

Varejao >> Mozgov

I'll defer to Colin and Supes on how good Mozgov is, I wouldn't know. I do know that I'd want nothing less than a young present and future All-Star with no injury history for two Firsts, and that ain't Timmy "Oohh, I wanna be in your poster!" Mozzy.

I'm also going on my opinion that the Cavaliers franchise is a dumpster fire so everything they do outside of wait for ping pong balls and sign LeBron is gonna be a disasterous move.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Why the heck didn't the Cavs just get Dalembert from NY also?  That seems like the most logical solution.  Paint and rim defense.  Solves that problem.  Doesn't solve the problem that LeBron's best minutes are at the 4 and so are Love's.  

• Like 2