• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we peaking too soon?

HawkItus

• Premium Member

Dumb Atlanta fan thread?  No dumb is someone saying we should replace our starter DMC for Thabo before the season started.  That is dumb.  This is just a question and if you haven't notice GW may have peaked to early.  They aren't winning at nearly the clip they were before..  Ease off the elitist "I'm the smart guy" talk.  We are all fans here and can agree to disagree without insulting the other.  

If you follow any history of the NBA...The teams with the best records usually wins the Championships...Not the one's that "peak" at the right time. So

Edited by Peoriabird

If you follow any history of the NBA...The teams with the best record usually wins the Championships...Not the one's that "peak" at the right time. So

That is completely inaccurate.  Again stop playing "intelligent" you're a fan like everybody else.

Dagger-14-plain.png Had or tied for the best regular season record for that season

• Premium Member

That is completely inaccurate.  Again stop playing "intelligent" you're a fan like everybody else.

I meant to say best records not record...Most team that win or compete for the championship are the best teams in the regular season not the 8th seed!  So winning in the regular season means that you team is good not going through some lucky streak

Edited by Peoriabird

I meant to say best records not record...Most team that win or compete for the championship are the best teams in the regular season not the 8th seed!  So winning in the regular season means that you team is good not going through some lucky streak

what are you talking about?  Who said anything about 8th seeds?  The season isn't over, so your argument is conjecture at best.  We don't know what seed we will be.  I swear you step into every thread and completely muck it up with nonsense.  I'm trying my best not to get banned again lol.  So I'm just going to ignore you and move it along.  

• Premium Member

what are you talking about?  Who said anything about 8th seeds?  The season isn't over, so your argument is conjecture at best.  We don't know what seed we will be.  I swear you step into every thread and completely muck it up with nonsense.  I'm trying my best not to get banned again lol.  So I'm just going to ignore you and move it along.  

It was just a stupid question which all I am saying.  It doesn't matter when you win your games period. This isn't the NFL where some team can catch fire at the end of the season and win Championships.   Winning games regardless of when you win them means that you are good..

Still say no, mainly due to Horf slowly regaining form and Schröder being an anomaly.

I hope so.  To qualify I'm a long time Atlanta sports fan who has seen the best record/best team during the regular season(Braves, Falcons) get slaughtered in the playoffs.  It happens.  I hope this isn't the case, but us playing so well early puts us in the pace setter position.  It's easier to catch something they stay in front.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just because we are steamrolling everyone doesn't mean we are peaking. Horford/Schröder/Scott could all be playing at a much higher level; Millsap has been Millsap, the most consistent PF in the league, I guess you could argue maybe Teague will regress, but as a 26 year old PG I think his current break out could very well be the real deal.

• Like 1

After watching last night's game against Memphis, were the Hawks

not still better than before? 

Still growing.  Still learning.  Still maturing.  Getting better and better!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

Go from good to scary good!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

The real question becomes whether we sacrificed something to have that streak that hurt us later on  ala burning our guys out by playing them excessive minutes.  I think the answer is "no."  While it would be nice if we could pick the time we were healthy and hot, that isn't a function of choice, effort ,etc.  

There is nothing to regret from the streak.  It made this season great!

• Like 1