• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Unassuming, Unknown Superstar Status of Al Horford

I respect your posts, man. Don't clown around. Me a fool? That'll be the day. I see your likes on my posts pop up regularly. Do you drink a lot and spazz out or have split personalities?

I could've took you to task for putting KD in a class of All-NBA-level defenders but was it worth it? You agreed with me on my original thought of Tim and Kawhi but I'm a fool for putting Sap in? Everyone who doesn't agreed with you down to the letter is foolish? Not being able to debate without insults shows a lack of character. You don't have to be a pseudo basketball elitist, you f$&kin up the utopian vibe all Hawks fans should be feeling. And you still failed to name a hybrid 3/4.

No disrespect, I crossed the line. My bad. There was no need for that. Point well taken. 

I don't see it with Sap. I'll watched every game. He's simply a hybrid forward. I don't see this versatility. I don't see him able to successful play SG, SF and spot at PF like Leonard can do. He can't play center like Horf and Duncan can. I don't see that in his game. Let's not forget about Pau Gasol as well.  

There are quite a few hybrids. 

Charles Barkley

Michael Beasley

Sap

Odom

Rashad Lewis. 

Joe Alexander 

and many more to name. In fact, Chris Webber was a hybrid forward. 

Some better than others. I wouldn't call them versatile. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

A triple double from Al has happened just as often as a 50 point game has happened to Mo Williams.

What does his triple double have to do with anything?  Horf is a much better player than Mo Williams.  I tagged you because of the article before the triple double because of the comments about Management and even teammates speaking to the value of Al.  

• Premium Member

Karl Malone isn't as good as Al Horford. Al Horford does so many things on offense better than Karl did. eff the numbers, watch the games. We built our offense and defense around Al Horford. Without him, it's back to chuck and run team we had last year that can be easily defeated. This team is special because of Al. Outside of Durant, Lebron and A. Davis, no one is the NBA is as good as Al overall. eff the naysayers. I been saying this for YEARS!

Negative Star Post.

Are you kidding me???

FAIL.

Al is elite at basically nothing, but yet he is somehow a superstar. 

.... ... .

He has some elite strengths: His movement, BBIQ, mid range jumper, his intangibles, his versatility, his athletic ability, his ability to adapt on the fly, his screens, his PnR, his PnP, team defense, his passing skills for position, his finishing, his patience, his ball handling for position in transition, his ability to run the court, and his ability to lead the team. Add to the fact that he has no weaknesses. He could improve his FT shooting which is at 72%.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

He is an elite mid-range shooter.  He is an elite-defender.  

I wouldn't say he's an elite defender. He's a good defender, he's intelligent, works hard, but he's not elite. If he were he would be someone that opposing teams fear and that's just not Al. 

He's very good at most things though and as a combined package, he's clearly one of the best in the game. 

But he's nowhere near the level of player that Hall of Famer Karl Malone is.

What does his triple double have to do with anything?  Horf is a much better player than Mo Williams.  I tagged you because of the article before the triple double because of the comments about Management and even teammates speaking to the value of Al.  

Of course they're going to speak highly of him. Nobody thinks Al sucks. But Al is not a superstar.

That's one problem with fan forums.... It always comes down to confirmation bias.

I think more would agree with me then you think, at least the ones that matter. 

@  Get someone that matters to agree with you then, please.  A bball writer, an 'expert', a talking head, a bball announcer, a coach: past or present, another NBA player....anybody, a current HOFer....ANYBODY!!!

I wouldn't say he's an elite defender. He's a good defender, he's intelligent, works hard, but he's not elite. If he were he would be someone that opposing teams fear and that's just not Al. 

He's very good at most things though and as a combined package, he's clearly one of the best in the game. 

What was Karl Malone elite at? It was many of the same things Al is great at except Al is better at more than Malone not to mention is a better leader with more intangibles and better BBIQ. That's what's funny about this. If we broke it down step by step, you and everyone would realize who is the better player and it's not Malone. Malone was in a system. It's no different than Kevin Love in Minnesota which I tried to tell many about, not just Sothron. 

That's why I say, we can meet and break down tape all day. 

.... ... .

He has some elite strengths: His movement, BBIQ, mid range jumper, his intangibles, his versatility, his athletic ability, his ability to adapt on the fly, his screens, his PnR, his PnP, team defense, his passing skills for position, his finishing, his patience, his ball handling for position in transition, his ability to run the court, and his ability to lead the team. Add to the fact that he has no weaknesses. He could improve his FT shooting which is at 72%.

It's like trying to convince someone that a decent looking woman who cooks is just as pretty as a super model.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

Well, what makes one an elite defender?  His metrics before injury were elite.  If you look at what opposing players did against him....I would say he was elite.  Also, factoring his size disadvantage against most guys and his ability to defend on the switch.  But, it is definitely debatable. 

Well, what makes one an elite defender?  His metrics before injury were elite.  If you look at what opposing players did against him....I would say he was elite.  Also, factoring his size disadvantage against most guys and his ability to defend on the switch.  But, it is definitely debatable. 

There are very few guys whom I'd consider elite defensively. That word implies that he's the best of the best and that's just not the case. Has he ever even gotten votes for an All-Defensive team? 

There are very few guys whom I'd consider elite defensively. That word implies that he's the best of the best and that's just not the case. Has he ever even gotten votes for an All-Defensive team? 

Well All-defensive team votes go to guys on good defensive teams.  He might have a chance this year if we keep it up.

What was Karl Malone elite at? It was many of the same things Al is great at except Al is better at more than Malone not to mention is a better leader with more intangibles and better BBIQ. That's what's funny about this. If we broke it down step by step, you and everyone would realize who is the better player and it's not Malone. Malone was in a system. It's no different than Kevin Love in Minnesota which I tried to tell many about, not just Sothron. 

That's why I say, we can meet and break down tape all day. 

-He is the all time leading scorer

-One of the best in terms of getting to the free throw line

-Topped 4 APG from the PF spot on a number of occasions

-Two time MVP

-13 time all star

The guy averaged nearly 23/9 at 38 years old along with nearly 2 steals.

Well All-defensive team votes go to guys on good defensive teams.  He might have a chance this year if we keep it up.