• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3-part question on Hawks All-stars

ATLnightwing

I know a similar question was asked, but  it is a lot more interesting when asked like this:

1.) Which Hawks do YOU WANT to make the all-star team?

2.) Which Hawks DESERVE to make the all-star team?

3.) Which Hawks WILL (based on history and expected votes from the coaches, likely not in our favor) make the all star team?

My take:

1.) Teague, Millsap, and Horford. I think Millsap and Horford have had equal contributions and its too difficult to not have one of them in. Teague is a no brainer. I would love all four guys with Korver but like most people say, we need to win a championship for something like that to happen.

2.) All four for sure. Korver deserves it over Wade and Irving for sure. But of course that's not going to happen. Also Love will probably get in which might bump out Millsap or Horford.

3.) Teague and Millsap. I got the feeling that this was the consensus. If it weren't for Horford's late start too, he would be here.

Edited by ATLnightwing
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

1.  I want the whole starting 5 to go to the Allstar game.

2.  Korver deserves to go.

3.  Al, Sap, and Teague will go.

Before the Spam starts.  I believe that Korver is the best ppp guy in the league.  He's the glue to this team (along with DMC) and he just is a momentum killer for other teams.

• Like 1

1) All 5 starters

2) Teague, SAP, Korver, Horford

3) Teague, SAP (just because the nba kinda hates us)

When I was younger I really enjoyed all star games..just to watch Nique, Doc, Willis, Mookie, Smitty and Deke. Now I'm starting to hate it because of all the politics and the circus bs surrounding this stupid popularity contest. It's a travesty that a guy like KORVER won't make it. I love all of our guys but I think out of the 4 possible all stars we could have, he is by far the most underrated. A floor spacer creates everything for everyone else. But I know it prolly doesn't matter to Korver so it shouldn't matter to me. Give all the accolades to other players on other teams, just give us a championship ring in June.

• Premium Member

Awesome post. I hope the players are looking past the all star talk.  These guys have a chance to change the NBA for the better and I think that's much bigger than an all star game.

• Like 1

• Admin

1.) Which Hawks do YOU WANT to make the all-star team?

Teague ... he has earned it.  I would like Al to rest during that period so I hope he doesn't

2.) Which Hawks DESERVE to make the all-star team?

Korver ... most important player on this team ... The other three do as well

3.) Which Hawks WILL (based on history and expected votes from the coaches, likely not in our favor) make the all star team?

Teague and Sap will make it.  Al will be on the fringe ... KK won't and he will be happy to go spend the time off with his family

• Like 1

On NBA radio yesterday morning, Malik Rose was saying no Hawks All-Stars. Just an interesting take, but I don't agree with it.

My list matches what is already here

Jeff, Al, Paul, and Kyle

• Premium Member

How exactly did he justify that???

I think he was saying "what if" the Hawks didn't have any All-Stars. He was saying that in reference to the fact that none of the Hawks' players post huge individual numbers I think. I don't think he was saying no Hawks should make the team. Malik is a big fan of Coach Bud. Edited by Jody23

On NBA radio yesterday morning, Malik Rose was saying no Hawks All-Stars. Just an interesting take, but I don't agree with it.

My list matches what is already here

Jeff, Al, Paul, and Kyle

Is Malik Rose still towel whipping baby Nate Robinson naked in a lockeroom somewhere trying to collect his poker winnings from Nate?