• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any talk of Brooklyn and the draft trade swap are moved here

Admin

• Moderators

No voodoo dolls, but Thad Young's missing tonight's game against the Cavs (which they should lose anyway)

~lw3

Did I jinx it or what? Hopefully the curse reverses against the Lake Show... somehow!

~lw3

Just when it looked like the Hawks would get a lottery pick despite being the #1 seed in the East, here come the NewJersey Nets to mess everything up.  I was watching NBA tv this morning and a few of the guy named the Nets as making it to the playoffs. They think The Celtics will leapfrog the Heat and the Heat may fall out of the standing without Whiteside being able to play.  Indiana needs to start playing better, I think the Bobcats might have given up on the season.

Who cares what they think - they also thought the Cavs would catch the Hawks for the #1 seed.

Indy, Boston Miami, Charlotte - get your heads in the game fellas.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Nets won't get it. Especially when our bench players beat them twice in the next week.

The Nets are not a scrub team, our bench can not compete with their starting unit.

Edited by Blunt91

The Nets are not a scrub team, our bench can not compete with their starting unit.

I'd agree that a pure bench Hawks team can't but a 3/5 starter team can if the Nets no show that night which is possible. But like a previous poster said who the hell knows when the Nets wanna turn it on or not.

• Moderators

Not the Tragic Number we were hoping for, but for now the Magic Number for the Nets clinching the playoffs is down to:

136155856.jpg

Way to go, Indiana, though! The Pacers (32-41) know what time it is. Their home win over Dallas keeps them a half-game behind the Nets (32-40), and tied with Boston and Utah. Charlotte's "win" last night keeps them (31-41) one game back of Brooklyn.

~lw3

• Moderators

That 10 has gone from a Magic Number back to a Tragic Number for the moment!

Thanks to the Celts' road win in Charlotte, they take back the 8-spot.

Now we need Indiana to keep the good vibes going tomorrow!

Utah's road win helps as well.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Just looked at Boston's remaining schedule. It's really tough.

So is Brooklyn's. Ten games left, 7 at home, 5 against winning teams: IND (fighting for 8th), TOR, POR, ATL, WAS, CHI, ORL (only IND and ORL are very winnable). 3 games on the road against NYK (very winnable), ATL, MIL.

I'm calling 4-6. Wins against IND, WAS, ORL, NYK.

Boston: 8 left, 4 at home (IND, MIL, CLE, TOR), 4 away (TOR, DET, CLE, MIL). they should be able to beat IND, DET, perhaps MIL at home. So 3-5. Boston owns the tiebreaker.

It could get REALLY interesting if IND would win both their road games against BRK and BOS. Aside of these two road games, they face NYK, DET, MEM on the road (could maybe win 2 of those), and CHA, MIA, OKC and WAS at home. So they could go 5-4 in their last nine to maybe have the 8th seed. If IND beats BRK tonight they would have the tiebraker. The Celtics would have the tiebreaker over IND even if IND wins @BOS tomorrow. The next 5 IND games (BRK, BOS, CHA, MIA, NYK) should be very interesting. Paul George will definitely not return against BRK, but who knows? Maybe he'll be back sooner rather than later.

So is Brooklyn's. Ten games left, 7 at home, 5 against winning teams: IND (fighting for 8th), TOR, POR, ATL, WAS, CHI, ORL (only IND and ORL are very winnable). 3 games on the road against NYK (very winnable), ATL, MIL.

I'm calling 4-6. Wins against IND, WAS, ORL, NYK.

Boston: 8 left, 4 at home (IND, MIL, CLE, TOR), 4 away (TOR, DET, CLE, MIL). they should be able to beat IND, DET, perhaps MIL at home. So 3-5. Boston owns the tiebreaker.

It could get REALLY interesting if IND would win both their road games against BRK and BOS. Aside of these two road games, they face NYK, DET, MEM on the road (could maybe win 2 of those), and CHA, MIA, OKC and WAS at home. So they could go 5-4 in their last nine to maybe have the 8th seed. If IND beats BRK tonight they would have the tiebraker. The Celtics would have the tiebreaker over IND even if IND wins @BOS tomorrow. The next 5 IND games (BRK, BOS, CHA, MIA, NYK) should be very interesting. Paul George will definitely not return against BRK, but who knows? Maybe he'll be back sooner rather than later.

If I were you I'd be more worried about the fantasy finals va Pusher87...lol