• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

That Other Team You Root For

PSSSHHHRRR87

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Die hard Hawks fan for 31 years. They could go 0 - 82 and they'd still be my #1 team.

But with the Grizzlies in Tennessee, it enables me to also see a lot of Western Conference basketball. And since they take precedence over the Hawks when they play on the same night on SportSouth, it's hard not to follow and root for them.

One of the better weekends of my NBA Fandom took place when I drove 4.5 hours to Atlanta for Game 3 vs Orlando back in 2011, in which Jamal Crawford banked in a 3 with the shot clock winding down, to seal the game.

Then I drive back home, got about 4 hours rest and drove 3 hours to Memphis for Game 3 of the Memphis vs San Antonio series. In that game, Zach Randolph makes a 3 with the shot clock winding down to seal that game.

It was at that point in which I became a fan of what the Grizzlies were about as a team and as a franchise, and not just followed them casually. Their marketing campaign and in-arena experience is great. I'm glad Koonin has gotten our marketing where it should be.

What about your love for Cookie Monster and the Horcats? I was waiting for @Dolfan23 to say something but I couldn't resist any longer.

I don't have a set other team. I usually root for the underdog come playoff time. This years super bowl is a tough example. I don't like New England or Seattle, so I am taking the team I dislike less. New England.

Ha if there was a joke in there regarding you not being able to spell poll it's a horrible one. 

Hey, leave me alone.  It was a running gag from another site.

Besides, I can't be hilarious all the time.  Sheesh.

Hey, leave me alone.  It was a running gag from another site.

Besides, I can't be hilarious all the time.  Sheesh.

You shouldn't be running with a gag in! Besides that's not stopping you from lame posting it's only affecting your speech. diablo.gif

Being from Germany and named Dirk my first team is and will always be the Mavs. But Dennis brought me to the Hawks and it's really great to see him make better use of his minutes. 

I also voted for the Knicks (yes, I'm the one). I never liked them but there's an amazing German podcast about the Knicks and when I came into the NBA Phil Jackson was just winning his titles with the Bulls. And I voted for the Spurs because - they're the Spurs.

• Like 2

Being from Germany and named Dirk my first team is and will always be the Mavs. But Dennis brought me to the Hawks and it's really great to see him make better use of his minutes. 

I also voted for the Knicks (yes, I'm the one). I never liked them but there's an amazing German podcast about the Knicks and when I came into the NBA Phil Jackson was just winning his titles with the Bulls. And I voted for the Spurs because - they're the Spurs.

You must spend A LOT of time watching basketball with all those teams! 

Welcome to Hawksquawk BTW.

Really hope the Hawks organization doesn't see this thread as "market research". lol

Lol, it seems they've moved past those days.

Although, I could just see ol' Cal Bowdler sitting in his cubical thinking, "Mmhmm, yep.  So we have a tremendous fanbase in Germany.  Order 3 truckloads of Dirk shirseys.  A season's worth of Spurs foam fingers.  Uh-huh, and order some ball-gags for that one mod who seems to be into that sorta thing."

Welcome Dirk D.!!!! Watch out for Scotty J.!!!!

:-D

What's this other team crap?  Dolf I hope you are taking notes and doing CIA type things with their accounts.  Let me guess you two team people probably have a youtube channel full of cat videos.  Or buy air rifles for home defense.  Still have the labels on your mattress.  Get outta here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I like all of the players on the Suns... but I don't watch their games.

Suns are the fourth team for me because I just like that team last year and this year. i have League pass and that team is just so much fun to watch. Goran Dragic is just a joy to watch play.