• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Good grief this was good stuff! Even Lethal doesn't take it more than a game at a time. #nothingeasy

Lethal I know that you are a professional writer but don't know much more than that.   These deserve their own site.   With the attention the Hawks are getting you could make the bucks you deserve.

• Like 1

Great game thread as usual lw3!!! Stay humble and stay hungry! Beat Brooklyn, take their lunch money, etc. (ssshhh).... Only negative is listening to Jon Barry..:-(

GO HAWKS!!!

Barry again___ I'd rather not be on that station if he is "assigned" to do the Hawks.

Sometimes I mute the tv when we are on espn and do my own Rathbun/Nique impersonation. It's pretty damn good if I may say so myself...u want a preview? Ok here we go...

Bob Rathbun alongside the hall of famer Dominique Wilkins coming to you from Philips Arena in Atlanta where the Hawks have been the talk of not only Atlanta these days, but the entire NBA. Nique, what's been the igniter for the Hawks during this franchise record 16 game win streak?

Well Bob it all starts with the Hawks defense, their willingness to share the basketball on offense and the professionalism they bring to the court each and every night. They are a team that plays for one another and.................

Well there is your preview as to what I do when I have to listen to those scumbags on espn...I simply don't ...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

MMMMMUUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..

Lethal I know that you are a professional writer but don't know much more than that.   These deserve their own site.   With the attention the Hawks are getting you could make the bucks you deserve.

You looking to get banned or what? @hawksfanatic already writes for that other site that claim them as "their own" and now you're trying to push @lethalweapon3 away as well???? 

• Like 1

• Moderators

KorvertoBrooklyn.0.0.jpg

^Relax! That didn't actually happen, thankfully! "The Power of the Budenholzer COMPELS you!"

http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/1/23/7879977/what-might-have-been-kyle-korver-part-ii

Remember back in the summer of hope, that would be 2013, that the Nets thought they had convinced Kyle Korver to join the Nets?  It was very real. Deron Williams tweeted a photoshopped image of his friend in a Brooklyn Nets black and white jersey.  Marc Stein tweeted out that he'd been told Korver-to-Brooklyn was "in the bag."

Now, Jacob Eisenberg of Sheridan Hoops writes about just how close it game, how the lobbying and the lure of the Nets new look made Korver think about signing with Brooklyn.  He spoke to Korver, who is on his way to doing what no NBA has done, a 50/50/90 season, meaning better than 50 percent overall and from three, and 90 percent from the line.

"That was an interesting week," said the 6'7" sharpshooter. "I had played with a bunch of the guys [in Brooklyn] and I have a great relationship with Deron. Billy King was the GM who drafted me. I think there were a lot of natural ties. They had just made that big trade and there was some excitement to go there."

But Korver wasn't "in the bag," despite what those close to him, including his younger brother, wanted him to do ... and despite the best laid plans of Jeff Schwartz, who represented D-WIll, Paul Pierce and Mirza Teletovic, among others.

"I think a couple of people might have jumped the gun," Korver recalls. "I definitely considered it, for sure. But in the end, this is where I wanted to be and it just came down to that."

Money was also an issue. The Nets had only a three year, $10.2 million mini-MLE to offer him, while Atlanta, where he had already played --and lived-- for a year, offered a deal $14 million richer.  So, the Nets turned first to Bojan Bogdanovic, who had an onerous buyout the prevented him from signing, then to Andrei Kirilenko.

It was the second time the Nets had a chance at Korver.  As Zach Lowe reported last summer, it was the Nets who first drafted him, then when they didn't think he could make their (roster, instead) they sold him to 76ers (and Billy King) for $125,000, some of which was used to buy a copy machine.

On the bright side, Nets Inc., that sucker still collates and two-sides and staples like a mofo, though. Just don't overload the paper tray.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

Haha!...one of your best ever lw3!

I'm sure we will all plug in comments about "nimbers, heat checks, etc"...to keep it real in the chat tonight in honor of Bob and Nique.

I'd really like to see us run these guys out of Phillips tonight - but I'll settle for a close win.

GO HAWKS !!

• Like 1

• Moderators

On the anniversary of the Snowpocalypse... ATL Traffic presents... the MEATPOCALYPSE!

The Nets, understandably, will have a "beef" with their travel planners.

Don't be surprised if the Nets come out of the locker room shooting the basketball. They might have to.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

"You're doing what with the deck chairs, Lionel?"

~lw3