• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

(^EDIT: Doggone I posted the wrong C-Viv tweet. Corrected!)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

~lw3

• Like 3

This team looked extremely exhausted last night. Their best basketball is certainly behind them as they have expended all of their energy over the past two months. They have to give more effort to win than other teams since this team just does not have legit NBA talent. Its all downhill from here and they should go ahead and crown the king (oops, I mean wanna be king).

Sound about right?

Yeah, it does. Hope Bud sees this, realizes you know a lot more about basktball than he does, and lights a fire under them again. This most wins in the NBA sh@t ain't gonna cut it.
  • Like 1

This team looked extremely exhausted last night. Their best basketball is certainly behind them as they have expended all of their energy over the past two months. They have to give more effort to win than other teams since this team just does not have legit NBA talent. Its all downhill from here and they should go ahead and crown the king (oops, I mean wanna be king).

Sound about right?

They played solid, but the defense still wasn't that great.

Yeah, it does. Hope Bud sees this, realizes you know a lot more about basktball than he does, and lights a fire under them again. This most wins in the NBA sh@t ain't gonna cut it.

Is your sarcasm detector broken?  Us two are probably the biggest believers of this team.

Is your sarcasm detector broken? Us two are probably the biggest believers of this team.

Is yours broken? I agree I may be bad at Internet sarcasm, though.

I'll stop poking fun at Hots, Supes, and the like. No offense guys, this wouldn't be one of the best NBA boards going without you.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Not sure at which point people will start to realize that Gortat isn't as good as some make him out to be. 

Anyone notice that Horford outrebounded Gortat and Nene combined?   

There are teams with bigs that will give us problems but the Wiz ain't one of those teams.

• Like 2

Not sure at which point people will start to realize that Gortat isn't as good as some make him out to be. 

Anyone notice that Horford outrebounded Gortat and Nene combined?   

There are teams with bigs that will give us problems but the Wiz ain't one of those teams.

That 5 year 60 million contract will continue to look worse each year too. 

Nene's rebounding is beyond pitiful for his size and athleticism.  I have never understood how he can be so ineffectual on the boards.

He used to be a lot better prior to all of those injuries didn't he? Maybe he's just not putting in the effort for fear of re-injury since's he's nearly Brook Lopez soft or maybe he's just not as quick and athletic as he used to be and he never really put in effort before? 

• Like 1

He used to be a lot better prior to all of those injuries didn't he? Maybe he's just not putting in the effort for fear of re-injury since's he's nearly Brook Lopez soft or maybe he's just not as quick and athletic as he used to be and he never really put in effort before?

I think it's a combo of things for Nene. He's been injured so many times in his career that its taken its toll on him. Not sure if you guys saw this but there was a segment with him and the Nuggets famous Aussie athletic bodybuilder train, I forgot his name but he was extensively working out with Nene trying to get him right. I want to say that was about 6 or 7 years ago. He's also comfortable with his contract situation and for some guys that takes away the hunger. He reminds me of an NFL running back, he came outta the gates hard but there's only so many years that you can sustain that level of play, or rebounding in his case. Lastly, he's gotta maneuver around the Polish sausage to get boards, that can't be easy. If there was no Gorat, Nene would have another 2-3 rpg.

• Moderators

He has always been horrible for his size and athleticism.  He has never averaged 8 rpg and his career average over 14 seasons is 6.7 per game. 

He has always been horrible for his size and athleticism. He has never averaged 8 rpg and his career average over 14 seasons is 6.7 per game.

Dang really? So all those years in Denver with Melo and JR, who was boarding?

Nene. Haha. Another big team that's supposed to give us trouble bites the dust.

Every team supposed to have the size advantage over us is looking to make a move before the deadline to better compete with this small, cheap, no-talent having team. I would expect that lazy cliche with the media, but to have fans of this team still doubt them and point out "issues" is just silly.

• Like 2