• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm still a believer!

Gray Mule

Love our squad. A couple things worry me. #1. Rick Sund was always the guy who mentioned that 1 Detroit team with Big Ben and company as that team that broke the steriotype and won the title without a legit star. Can that happen again?  The East was real easy that year and out west LA was emotionally imploding.  #2.  Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, REBOUNDING WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.    Will that be what does us in? Regardless

I BELIEVE !!!!!

• Like 1

Its sort of funny - sports fans always end up saying "wait till next year" when things don't go the way they want.  Now the talking heads are all saying "wait till the playoffs" because things aren't going the way they want.  They want to talk every night about how great LeBron, Derrick and the other big names are.  So they just don't like the way its going.  

• Like 2

Did anybody find it ironic that Stephen A's comment after the was that he doesn't know if we're the real deal until he finds out if we have someone we can ride when the chips are down. Then in a matter of mere seconds when asked what the difference in the game was he said the GS superstars didn't have any offensive help and they need someone to step up?

Maybe it's just me, but I found something sorta contradictory in those two statements. 

• Like 2

Did anybody find it ironic that Stephen A's comment after the was that he doesn't know if we're the real deal until he finds out if we have someone we can ride when the chips are down. Then in a matter of mere seconds when asked what the difference in the game was he said the GS superstars didn't have any offensive help and they need someone to step up?

Maybe it's just me, but I found something sorta contradictory in those two statements.

My point exactly lol no matter what they will find an angle that backs up why they dont believe

He just isn't as intelligent as he thinks he is, that's all. And he's contractually obligated by Disney to promote the players' jerseys who are in the highest demand for children at all times, no biggie.
  • Like 3

Love our squad. A couple things worry me. #1. Rick Sund was always the guy who mentioned that 1 Detroit team with Big Ben and company as that team that broke the steriotype and won the title without a legit star. Can that happen again? The East was real easy that year and out west LA was emotionally imploding. #2. Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, REBOUNDING WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. Will that be what does us in? Regardless

I BELIEVE !!!!!

Sorry NJ but DEFENSE wins championships!

Sorry NJ but DEFENSE wins championships!

Yep. Bill Russell said rebounds long ago before the advent of trapping, three point shooting, and stretch 4s.

The Heat showed if you shoot a high percentage (thus eliminating a few offensive rebounding opportunities), rebound well as a team late, and defend harder around the perimeter you can get by being mediocre or below on the glass. It seems Kyle has taken some of the rebounding onis on himself, he and Al flat out get it done in the fourth. Our PGs are usually in good position late as well.

It doesn't matter whether we or the national media believe in this team. Every time they step on the court, they believe they are the better team. They won't say it because they are too humble for that but they do and that is the only opinion that matters.

• Like 2

Two things.

1. I got no problem with people wanting to see this team show up in the playoffs before they "believe."  Especially those outside the organization.  Although, I don't give credibility to Stephen A Smith.  We are still an unproven playoff basketball commodity.  

2. Seeing how our rebounding philosophy is working I'm not concerned about rebounds.  Shoot a high percentage and get back on defense.  Our guys head down the court almost immediately after a shot is released.  If it's a miss at least we won't give up a transition basket.  You have to earn every point.  

• Like 2

Ive been here and there on this topic but Ive pretty much been sold since the new year. The thing about the superstar debate that gets me is it downplays the talent that we have sometimes. Yes we play and win as a team but that doesnt mean we have 5 DeMarre Carrolls out there running around. If we wanted Al and Paul and Jeff to take 25 shots and play 40 mins a game their numbers could be superstar quality too. But thats not our style.

I do find it funny however that pretty much the Stephen A's of the world say we dont have a guy to carry us in the playoffs when lets say we did have one of our guys having a breakout record breaking season hitting game winners and scoring 30 a night, then their argument would be "Well what are the Hawks gonna do in the playoffs when defenses can key in on their go to guy? Im not sold until they prove they have a supporting cast that can show up when the games get close..etc". You see what I mean? Its a rhetoric that will always be used against us and it has nothing to do with how we play because they are always going to find an excuse to doubt us because as a franchise we have yet to prove we can contend for titles and not just playoff spots. Thats their problem

So I dont take it any kind of way when I hear people ask sarcastically "Do you REALLY think Atlanta can win it all this year, like honestly?" I respond as such. Michael played about 16 years, won 6 rings. Kobes played 18 and has what 4 or 5? Lebrons on his 12th year and has 2. Yeah, The best players win rings but they dont win rings every single year. With Lebron leaving Miami this is the most wide open Eastern conference since I can remember. You can stack all your chips on Cleveland getting it together and becoming the new powerhouse if you want and I wouldnt be mad because its an easy thing to do OR you can be more creative and witness to a new era of basketball and a complete culture shift in the league. The Lebron and Kobes of the world are on the back end of their careers. Times are changing. There are NO dynasties currently in the NBA outside of the Spurs who dont play with the same motovation this season as in the past. Every team has to "prove it" in the playoffs because none of them has technically been there before or made a deep run. So why not bet on the team thats been in more playoffs than any other Eastern conference team in the last 8 years.

Very well said!!!