• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

First or second round exit.

Oh, and it's time to send Pero back to where he came from.

We make up for the offensive board deficit in other ways. Against Golden State, we had extra steals. The thing is we can make it to the ECF, it is just an area we need to improve.

First or second round exit.

Oh, and it's time to send Pero back to where he came from.

Hots if the Hawks make it to the conference championship will you promise to say nothing negative for the whole next season? I'm sure you'll agree since you are 100% positive they are a first or second round exit. Come on put some meat behind that strong opinion.

He drew attention... Help control the pace of the game and he had A LOT more impact (at least in a postive way) than Al did. Al didn't do shit but miss shots.

Came in here to tell you to STFU. Act like two PF's are going to match-up even v. the best true PF/C combo in the NBA. This ain't the usual Memphis. The addition of Jeff Green replacing Prince is like us getting Jamal Crawford for Acie Law type of upgrade. This is going to be a personnel issue for us. We need a very good true center next to Al, not an All Star undersized tweener like Millsap. With that said, Memphis bodied us at EVERY position but PG. That was the only position that gave us a fighting chance. Z-Bo was so damn physical but missed a lot of shots he normally makes. Al did give Gasol some issues at times but for the most part of over-matched. This isn't unusual, he's struggled all year v. legit athletic or very skilled true centers.

• Premium Member

Al could at least play half decent. But you take away his jumper and he has nothing. I want to puke everytime I see Al try to post up.

Al was completely awful. He was a huge reason we lost tonight but you know that isn't a typical Horford game.

• Premium Member

Al did give Gasol some issues at times but for the most part of over-matched. This isn't unusual, he's struggled all year v. legit athletic or very skilled true centers.

He does struggle against bigger guys but I sometimes wonder if it's a mental thing. He missed a lot of shots that he usually makes.

He does struggle against bigger guys but I sometimes wonder if it's a mental thing. He missed a lot of shots that he usually makes.

9 out of 10 times, it's a out of position issue. Hopefully we can avoid a team like Memphis in the playoffs.

BTW, we faced probably the best defensive team in the West, so of course some of our players would struggle. That didn't really concern me. What really concerned me is the amount of rebounds we were giving away to them, which led to extra opportunities for them to score. They had 92 attempted Field Goals, and we had 80.

Came in here to tell you to STFU. Act like two PF's are going to match-up even v. the best true PF/C combo in the NBA. This ain't the usual Memphis. The addition of Jeff Green replacing Prince is like us getting Jamal Crawford for Acie Law type of upgrade. This is going to be a personnel issue for us. We need a very good true center next to Al, not an All Star undersized tweener like Millsap. With that said, Memphis bodied us at EVERY position but PG. That was the only position that gave us a fighting chance. Z-Bo was so damn physical but missed a lot of shots he normally makes. Al did give Gasol some issues at times but for the most part of over-matched. This isn't unusual, he's struggled all year v. legit athletic or very skilled true centers.

Al is soft as hell. You take away this jumper and his offensive game is garbage. We know that he is not going to to get to the foul line to make up for it. Dude got owned. I'm tired of you sucking his d((( all the time. He isn't that great... Never was and never will be. You can tell me how fundamentally sound he is... I call him a soft ass p___y.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Kind of saw this coming after a big win against Golden State in which ALOT of energy and emotion were expended and only having a day off before playing another heavyweight. I'm impressed that they only lost by six with absolutely no calls in their favor.

#They'rehumannotrobots #Longseason

• Like 3

Al is soft as hell. You take away this jumper and his offensive game is garbage. We know that he is not going to to get to the foul line to make up for it. Dude got owned. I'm tired of you sucking his d((( all the time. He isn't that great... Never was and never will be. You can tell me how fundamentally sound he is... I call him a soft ass p___y.

Al is far from soft, dude is simply overmatched v. very athletic or very talented centers as he's a PF. He gave great effort. I seen him battle on the boards but he's simply over-matched. His offensive game is far from garbage. His offensive game is very good. He simply out of position in some of these match-ups. It happens, he's a PF. What do you expect?

You should see how red this dudes bar is over at the insidehoops. Nobody likes him over there.

I'm just saying, you have mental breakdowns after every game and you'll often say some of the most off the wall offensive, vulgar, or racist crap I've ever seen. I honestly feel like you just say the stuff you do to get a rise out of people. You do it every time, like you've never seen a team lose before, and the only logical reason I can think of is you're just trolling. 

They had 55 rebounds and we had 37. Sheesh.

Yet the only part of this that matters is we had 34 Defensive rebounds and they had 38. We don't EVER go for Offensive rebounds because Bud wants it that way. We get back to avoid giving up easy transition points off of one of our missed shots. It's ridiculous the amount of people that still don't understand this FACT. I'm not saying you don't know this, I just quoted your post because you put up rebound totals. But I've seen it from plenty of other people.

And It's also ridiculous the amount of people that hate on Pero because they don't understand defense beyond looking to see if a guy is a shot-blocker or not. Hedging screens, cutting off drives, jumping in passing lanes, and a plethora of other activity seems to go unnoticed by far too many people. Lets not forget the guy makes barely over $1m. If Pero had a consistent 3pt shot to go with everything else he brings, the guy would be making $8m a year.

We lost because our two All-Star frontcourt players both had horrendous shooting nights on wide open shots that they normally make - that's all. Nothing more. It wasn't because Memphis contested every single shot they took. Far from it. They had plenty of wide open, normally easy shots.

You could probably even say we got hosed by some non-calls from the refs, but I'm not even gonna go there. Anyone who thinks Al and Paul were soft defensively this game, I don't know what to tell you other than get your eyes checked - soon.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 2

You should see how red this dudes bar is over at the insidehoops. Nobody likes him over there.

I don't have an account on insidehoops. I have an account on realGM and my rep is pretty good considering the amount of posts I have. 99% of my accounts are nbasupes based or pick based unless I been banned from a site like this one or others. Just like 99% of your names have 81 in them.

I don't have an account on insidehoops. I have an account on realGM and my rep is pretty good considering the amount of posts I have. 99% of my accounts are nbasupes based or pick based unless I been banned from a site like this one or others. Just like 99% of your names have 81 in them.

I was talking about that jones dude.