• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Private agendas still at play in Hawks’ offices

Admin

2011-2012 Executive of the year Larry Bird

2013-2014 Executive of the year RC Buford(Works for Pop)

Pat Riley was just in line for a 3 peat and had 4 consecutive finals appearances

Yeah......

I said reasoning.  Not awards.

I'm talking draft picks, trades, FA signings.

You just proved my point.  There is zero argument as to who has had the best 3 year GM span when you are talking actual trades and transactions.

Riley just ran LBJ out of town.  He cut Miller loose which ticked James off.  He spent all of his money on washed up vets instead of trying to get some younger guys in there.  He just gave Bosh 120+ million dollars. 

Edited by JETSET

This!! The second and most disturbing reason why I don't want Ferry back in Atlanta. You go against a man whom singlehandedly made the Hawks a household name. YES THE HAWKS WERE SUCH A HOUSEHOLD NAME (Snickering deleted)    Why block Dominique's statue? Was Ferry plotting to have his statue erected down the line after the Hawks won numerous championships? The guy is an egomaniac with a terrible history OF LOSING IN THE of drafting first rounders. He brought in tweener free agents that were greatly improved by our incredible staff. He's not a modern day Harry Potter. Ferry's the basketball version of Phil Helmuth.

Whatever you've been smoking, it's working well for you.  Nique had a better supporting cast than Jordan ever did, and he never even sniffed a finals series.  Get real.

Edited by Watchman

I said reasoning.  Not awards.

I'm talking draft picks, trades, FA signings.

You just proved my point.  There is zero argument as to who has had the best 3 year GM span when you are talking actual trades and transactions.

Riley just ran LBJ out of town.  He cut Miller loose which ticked James off.  He spent all of his money on washed up vets instead of trying to get some younger guys in there.  He just gave Bosh 120+ million dollars. 

But you just said winning is everything right.  Titles.  Regardless of what you think Ferry has not gone past the 2nd round as GM yet.  And God forbid this goes off the rails and we lose in the first round, your hero worship becomes even more blustery praise for a dandelion.  

Whatever you've been smoking, it's working well for you.  Nique had a better supporting cast than Jordan ever did, and he never even sniffed a finals series.  Get real.

Now I know you never watched a Hawk game with Nique lol. Umm Pippen, Grant, Rodman geez

• Like 3

But you just said winning is everything right.  Titles.  Regardless of what you think Ferry has not gone past the 2nd round as GM yet.  And God forbid this goes off the rails and we lose in the first round, your hero worship becomes even more blustery praise for a dandelion.  

Look at you going back to your streeeeeeeeetching ways.

I will repeat my original statement and I would love to see you actually answer it instead of trying to streeeeeeeeetch your way around it.  Good luck, you're going to need it.

"I would love to see you do a side by side comparison of their moves, over the past 3 years, vs Ferry's and provide an explanation as to why theirs were better.

I believe you will quickly realize that Ferry did a better job than all 4.  Pop may have a say in it."

This just royally SUCKS.

It's the All-Star weekend, the Hawks are soaring all over NY and then we have this.

At this point the only thing I care about is the product on the court. I said this past summer that whatever the players were good with regarding DF I was on board with and that is still my stance.

Willis was better than Grant, Malone was better than Grant or Rodman.  Should I go on?

Stop please.  Malone was an old washed up center when he played with Nique.  You neglect Pippen huh? Grant and Willis were a wash.  Doc never made an All-star game.  Wow man.  I don't want to tear down my favorite team from the past, so I will just say you are crazy and leave it at that.

• Like 2

Stop please.  Malone was an old washed up center when he played with Nique.  You neglect Pippen huh? Grant and Willis were a wash.  Doc never made an All-star game.  Wow man.  I don't want to tear down my favorite team from the past, so I will just say you are crazy and leave it at that.

Malone was still a high double double man (18/12 or thereabouts as I recall) until the last year he was here.  Rodman couldn't average double figure points if his life depended on it.  Pippen was a good second option, but his contribution doesn't exceed the combination of players the Hawks had.  Wilkins was not able to carry a team like Jordan or Lebron.  He was a good player, but not one to carry a team on his back.

Edited by Watchman

This just royally SUCKS.

It's the All-Star weekend, the Hawks are soaring all over NY and then we have this.

At this point the only thing I care about is the product on the court. I said this past summer that whatever the players were good with regarding DF I was on board with and that is still my stance.

It's just barbershop talk. Plus no games and we finished 3-3 in the last six.  I think everyone is just coming off that January high.  

Look at you going back to your streeeeeeeeetching ways.

I will repeat my original statement and I would love to see you actually answer it instead of trying to streeeeeeeeetch your way around it.  Good luck, you're going to need it.

"I would love to see you do a side by side comparison of their moves, over the past 3 years, vs Ferry's and provide an explanation as to why theirs were better.

I believe you will quickly realize that Ferry did a better job than all 4.  Pop may have a say in it."

I'm still waiting Hawkitus.

Edited by JETSET

This just royally SUCKS.

FERRY ADDED NOT ONE BUT TWO ALL STARS!!!1  CRAP I'M ALREADY USING CAPS SO I CAN'T ADD ANY MORE EMPHASIS BUT ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A HATER ANY WAY.

Buckle up or go out for a loooooooong stroll, it will be a week before the Raptors game.  I'm personally waiting on the delicious threads that will pop up on the trade deadline where everybody will more than emphatically add a player to make them a contender while the Hawks do nothing.

I'm still waiting Hawkitus.

what exactly do you want me to do?  Whatever Ferry did he didn't win a title or get the ECF.  These other guys did.  After this season you may have an argument, right now though, you don't.  I don't need a spreadsheet to prove that either.  

what exactly do you want me to do?  Whatever Ferry did he didn't win a title or get the ECF.  These other guys did.  After this season you may have an argument, right now though, you don't.  I don't need a spreadsheet to prove that either.  

My question isn't rocket science and you would be more than happy to answer it if you could. 

It's this simple.  Compare Ferry's transactions vs the people you listed, over the past 3 years, and then say why Ferry's were not better.  How is this hard to understand?

My question isn't rocket science and you would be more than happy to answer it if you could. 

It's this simple.  Compare Ferry's transactions vs the people you listed, over the past 3 years, and then say why Ferry's were not better.  How is this hard to understand?

Again did any of Ferry's moves get past the 2nd round? Nooooooooooooo!.   Did those other guys win title or get to the Conference finals? Yes.  The titles and Conference finals win.  Sorry, no contest.  That's like saying you ate right and worked out to lose 10 pounds of fat.  I did whatever I wanted and lost 15.  Guess what I did better than you.  

The fact that all of the Hawk players themselves want Ferry back should tell you how good of a job the man did. 

I am going to listen to the opinion of actual players like Horford and Korver, who have openly campaigned to have Ferry back, then some haters on a message board.

The results speak for themselves. A team does not have a season like we are having by accident. And it isn't as if we can't figure out how we got here. We know exactly the moves that put this team together:

Ferry hired Bud

Ferry jettisoned Joe Johnson's ridiculous contract for great value

Ferry jettisoned the garbage that is Josh Smith

Ferry jettisoned Marvin Williams, another underachiever getting overpaid

Ferry signed very underrated players for great value contracts (Millsap, Demarre Caroll, Thabo, Bazemore, Pero)

Ferry extended the good players the Hawks had for good value contracts (Horford, Korver, Teague)

Ferry drafted good value players, late in 1st round or in the 2nd (Schröder, Mack, Muscala, Mike Scott) 

And because of the very smart swap built into the Joe Johnson trade, we will probably end up with at least a top 8 or 9 pick in this year's draft. 

Those are all great moves and are why we are where we are. How could anyone think this season is some accidental fluke? Danny Ferry is a great GM and we would be much worse off if he left. 

• Like 2

Again did any of Ferry's moves get past the 2nd round? Nooooooooooooo!.   Did those other guys win title or get to the Conference finals? Yes.  The titles and Conference finals win.  Sorry, no contest.  That's like saying you ate right and worked out to lose 10 pounds of fat.  I did whatever I wanted and lost 15.  Guess what I did better than you.  

Ferry has been with us basically two seasons so far (this is only his third season with the hawks) and inherited a horribly flawed team and organization. It takes time to build a winner and look where we are now. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Willis, Rivers, Malone, Theus, Webb, Wittman.  I can assure you I've been watching Hawks games probably longer than you've been alive.

@Watchman - You know I like you but this argument doesn't fly.  The Bulls without Michael Jordan won 55 games and finished 3rd in the East.  (See 1993-94 when he went to play baseball).  They were two games out from winning the East and enjoyed two All-Stars in Grant and Pippen.  (They also resembled us a bit with four guys shooting over .400 from 3pt range).

Nique never played on a team that could have done that if you simply removed him from the roster (i.e., not getting trade value back) and played like the Bulls did.  

Now, Jordan was clearly better than Nique but so was his supporting cast.

I will also throw in that I am in the camp of people giving large credit to Ferry for what this team is accomplishing.  He deserves it!