• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud on 92.9 the game right now(in studio) for an hour

HawkItus

then why were we rumored to be so interested in a slow footed big like greg monroe?

Yeah yungsta...I don't know...we want a 7 footer who is quick, can defend, block shots, and has at least some offense....Hmmmm.

Let's look at what is available on the "7 footer who is quick, can defend, block shots, and has at least some offense" tree. Hmmm...those fellas seem to be in short supply at this time ;-)

And Edy is a quick, nimble 7 footer that can defend the pick 'n roll.

He doesn't seem like the usual 7-foot plodder; moves pretty well for a big (giant) guy. Don't specifically remember how he does with defending the pick n roll, but with his wingspan & reach (9'2" i think) i would assume he could do alright even if he was half a step late.

Muscala is a near 7-footer who also runs very well and has pretty good range and a nice looking stroke. Really hope there's a focus on developing him.

Could you imagine if next year that was our backup 4/5 combo? That would be fun basketball! Already got my season tickets just in case!

• Like 1

Wife's a Dead Head, huh?  Didn't know I could like him more, but I do after hearing this.  Sounds like a cool guy.

I have just did a mini analysis of these "Dead" persons (a few songs on you tube) and they seem like drunken/high folks who can play guitars but barely carry a tune. I am deeply concerned about anybody who would listen to them for any period of time.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Too much tomfoolery for me. I prefer my coaches in the mold of Belichick or Don Shula.  Allowing himself to be dragged down to the level of a couple FM sports clones is very disappointing.  He has to learn rise above that silliness if he want to maintain a wall of authority between the leader and the ones being lead.

Too much tomfoolery for me. I prefer my coaches in the mold of Belichick or Don Shula.  Allowing himself to be dragged down to the level of a couple FM sports clones is very disappointing.  He has to learn rise above that silliness if he want to maintain a wall of authority between the leader and the ones being lead.

So you want your basketball coach to be a football coach? Ugh. And really, all he did was talk about bands. Keep in mind this is a team that is trying to engage the community as much as possible because the ties had been severed so badly in the past. Going on a radio show for a light conversation is nothing to even really be concerned with and is actually a nice change of pace for this team.

Expecting coaches to be these robotic stiffs is lame. Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich are laid back guys with good senses of humor and they do/did just fine.

• Like 1

He doesn't seem like the usual 7-foot plodder; moves pretty well for a big (giant) guy. Don't specifically remember how he does with defending the pick n roll, but with his wingspan & reach (9'2" i think) i would assume he could do alright even if he was half a step late.

Muscala is a near 7-footer who also runs very well and has pretty good range and a nice looking stroke. Really hope there's a focus on developing him.

Could you imagine if next year that was our backup 4/5 combo? That would be fun basketball! Already got my season tickets just in case!

I watched him, he is good at moving on defense and defending the PnR. He moves like a 6'9 guy, not a 7'3 guy. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 2

I have just did a mini analysis of these "Dead" persons (a few songs on you tube) and they seem like drunken/high folks who can play guitars but barely carry a tune. I am deeply concerned about anybody who would listen to them for any period of time.

Is it just me or did DJ exactly describe how most of us would picture him?

Fairly lengthy interview, lots of insight from Bud. Also lots of stupid questions and commentary from whoever the f*** these sports radio personalities are. Sorry, but only mouth-breathers listen to sports talk radio...but interesting to hear actual people in the Hawks organization!

But nice to hear what Bud is thinking.

Oh yay another short radio interview with no insight from Bud.  At least these guys asked a lot of good questions.