• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Macedonian Mastication (Pero Article on Food)

Be kind and click so the guy who wrote it gets more views:

http://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/athlete-eats-pero-Antić-atlanta-hawks/

Today, we are showcasing Pero Antić, the Macedonian power forward for the Atlanta Hawks. You may not know this, but this season the Atlanta Hawks are the darlings of the NBA. They have the second-best record in the league and are currently on a 15 game winning streak where they are flat out rolling over their opponents. Outside of true basketball fans, most people can’t even name a single player on the Hawks. They aren’t led by a true superstar, but rather by a collection of savvy, well-travelled NBA veterans such as Al HorfordPaul MillsapJeff Teague and Kyle Korver. If there is justice in the world, at least two of those four will be named to the Eastern Conference All-Star Team in February.

The Hawks play a beautiful brand of basketball where each member of the team is a vital part of their overall success. The ball is constantly in motion, which results in players getting wide open three pointers, or easy to lay in buckets at the rim. If you enjoyed watched the way the Spurs picked apart the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals last year, then you will love these Atlanta Hawks because they play the game just as, if not more efficiently and unselfishly as last season’s Spurs.

Antić is currently in his second year with the Atlanta Hawks. At 6’11” and 280 pounds, he is an imposing man to look at. Antić sets excellent picks to free up Atlanta shooters as well as facilitate their motion on offense. And he has a nice outside shot as well. He is not a superstar (at least not in the States, but he is beloved in his native Macedonia), but he is an important part of the team’s continued success and excellent chemistry.

You were described to me as the team’s “food guru”. What does that mean?

I don’t know, man. I like going to restaurants and trying different foods. Basically, wherever I go I find the spots that I like for a specific food and I don’t change them.

...there's more to it. Interesting article and good to gain insight on Pero.

• Moderators

Great article.   I am a Pero fan.   

Do you think the system caters to your strengths as a player? You are great at setting picks and getting guys open and opening up passing lanes. Did you notice your role right away?

Yeah. I mean in basketball you can see what the coaches want from you or what you need to do for the team. Everybody saw that and everybody knows what to do. It’s just unselfishness. In Europe, they wanted me to do different things, sometimes they wanted me to score a lot. But this is a different system and so I needed to adjust. You have to figure out what you need to do for the team and for yourself to win the trophy. Everyone wants to score, but when you go home, what have you accomplished? You have maybe more money, but that’s it.

• Premium Member

People are coming down on Pero for no reason at all.  You guys act like it's his fault basketball is hard to do.  

• Like 1