Prospective Buyers

curtmcgirt

• Moderators

455167855-former-duke-blue-devils-player

(2013 file photo of honorees at a Duke game)

I figure Grant is once again cool with his fellow alum, certainly by now? With Chaifetz's ComPsych on board, Ferry would probably just have to sign up for an EAP program or something.

The Chaifetz/Bridgeman linkage has me a little leery because of their St. Louis ties, but Itzler and Hill seem to have anchored themselves into the ATL for the long haul.

~lw3

• Like 2

Given all we've heard, I think it is highly unlikely there will be a local person/group buying the Hawks and Philips Arena. It is unfortunate, but maybe some of these ownership groups will have some basketball people and some of these may live in Atlanta.

• Moderators

Contrary to popular opinion, I'd much prefer the Hawks to be purchased by hedge fund managers and/or a large corporation as a part of portfolio diversification a la Time Warner before the A$G. Get someone in here that wants to make money and not be a dickhead fan who interferes with operations even though they have putrid understanding of player valuations and roster management (BK and Gearon).

I might could get behind that were it not for Liberty Media screwing the fans and city and screwing up the team.

• Moderators

I might could get behind that were it not for Liberty Media screwing the fans and city and screwing up the team.

Didn't they sign that terrible media rights deal that is hamstringing the Braves far into their future as well?

I like this from the comments section:

"Wrong

I currently live in St. Louis and there is no interest from the city to be the home of an NBA franchise. An MLS team will come before an NBA team. The city has enough trouble supporting three professional franchises: Rams, Blues, and Cardinals. And the future of the Rams in St. Louis is in question. GoBango4YoBucks!’s concerns over St. Louis being a possible destination are more paranoia than anything. I assure you St. Louis is not a threat."

• Like 2

I like this from the comments section:

"Wrong

I currently live in St. Louis and there is no interest from the city to be the home of an NBA franchise. An MLS team will come before an NBA team. The city has enough trouble supporting three professional franchises: Rams, Blues, and Cardinals. And the future of the Rams in St. Louis is in question. GoBango4YoBucks!’s concerns over St. Louis being a possible destination are more paranoia than anything. I assure you St. Louis is not a threat."

Puts my mind slightly more at ease, with Chaifetz having St. Louis connections and the Hawks' history there. So they're what, Bulls fans? Pacers? Grizz? Thunder?

• Moderators

Puts my mind slightly more at ease, with Chaifetz having St. Louis connections and the Hawks' history there. So they're what, Bulls fans? Pacers? Grizz? Thunder?

Cardinals fans!  ;)

Bulls and Pacers for NBA.

• Like 2