• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harry Douglas cut by the Falcons..

• Moderators

WOW. The most sure-handed receiver the Falcons had. Coach Quinn must be looking to free up as much cap as possible to fix that defense with. If you look at Seattle, they didn't have a prolific offense, but still got to the Superbowl the last two seasons. Hate it for Harry, but he'll find another job ASAP and I understand the move. That defense needs a ton of help. I just hope the Saints don't sign him cause I don't want to start hating him!

Wonder if Suh is on Coach Quinn's radar...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Always thought Douglas was underrated.   Was he really making that much?

His cap hit would have been around $3.5 mil which is too rich for a 3rd receiver. We really didn't use HD as much as we should have anyway and this way, like the Hawks trading Payne, HD can find a home where he can get some looks. He is a 2nd receiver on any other team and a number one a few rosters. I hope someone like Jacksonville picks him up.  Anybody but the damn Saints! lol

• Like 1

Rumored that Suh's demands are too rich for Atlanta but we are targeting JPP from NY...

JPP will be re-signed or tagged.

I'm waiting for the Chieffs to cut Tamba Hali.

BTW the Falcons also cut Blalock and Steven Jackson.

The reality is his skillset can be found at a much cheaper price point. We can get a 5th rounder in the draft that will probably provides what he provides. Matt Ryan made him look better than he is which he should be able to do with others also I would assume.

• Moderators

Harry on the release:

Douglas sounded sincere about not harboring any ill will toward the organization.

“When a lot of people told me that I couldn’t make it to the NFL and that I was too small, the Falcons drafted me and gave me the opportunity to play in the NFL,” Douglas said. “So, I’m thankful.”

• Moderators

NFL.com thinks Harry could be resigned on a cheaper deal:

Harry Douglas: The wideout saves the Falcons almost $4 million against the cap, which doubles their savings following the Jackson release. Don't be surprised if he comes back cheaper, though. In 2013, he had 85 catches and 1,067 yards.

Don't see how he's going to come back cheaper, although there's a plethora of WRs who'll be available in FA and in a deep draft. I was shocked to see him be cut but he's going to get paid by someone to be their #2. I wouldn't mind seeing him line up in Miami. 

What's the health status of that foreign kid who looked awesome on Hard Knocks? Looked like he could become a player with some seasoning.

8 touchdowns in 6 years at a $4 million dollar price tag was just too rich for a 3rd string 30 year old WR.

plus, he is the definition of not-clutch. His drops always seem to be at the wrong time in the game.

The good thing is that the Falcons can now even out the payroll alotment. I saw that ~70 milion of the payroll was on offense last season and 22mil on the defense. That is the biggest O to D ratio in the league.

Don't see how he's going to come back cheaper, although there's a plethora of WRs who'll be available in FA and in a deep draft. I was shocked to see him be cut but he's going to get paid by someone to be their #2. I wouldn't mind seeing him line up in Miami.

What's the health status of that foreign kid who looked awesome on Hard Knocks? Looked like he could become a player with some seasoning.

That would be "Amsterdam"...that's his nickname at least bc I don't know how to spell his real name. We reached an injury settlement with him and I haven't really heard anything since then so maybe we'll find out soon. He seems to have decent potential so I want to at least see him in camp again.

O and sorry about what we had to do to y'all tonight @Dolfan23 lol