• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is up with Korver

capstone21

I don't think he used to this much attention paid to him by the other teams and I think that it has taken it's toll on him. 

For most of his career he was a guy that came off the bench for 20-25 MPG. Now he is playing 30+ MPG and other teams are coming out and looking to shut him down.

Honestly though... Almost nobody hit their shots consistently in FEB. Carroll and Bazemore are actually the only players that shot normal (or above) for FEB. Everyone else had a down month to some degree.

Hopefully FEB was just a lull. My feeling is that the rest of the team will come out of their slump soon after KK comes out of his.

• Like 2

Kyle Korver, who has dipped below 50%: “I feel I’ve been in this weird shooting – I wouldn’t say slump – but I’ve just been off for a month.”

Snap out of it Kyle!!!

• Moderators

Kyle Korver, who has dipped below 50%: “I feel I’ve been in this weird shooting – I wouldn’t say slump – but I’ve just been off for a month.”

Snap out of it Kyle!!!

Ah crap.  I was hoping for the 50/50/90.  He needs to get hot like tonight.   

I think part of it is due to teams paying extra attention to him on defense.  There is always a defender within 3 feet when he catches the ball. Even when he loses his defender off the ball, someone else switches to him.  On the other hand, he missed some uncharacteristic open shots, too.  I don't know what we can do about opponent defenses but when he starts hitting open 3s, he will be fine.

That play where he and DeMarre played a two-man game on the baseline to get a layup has to be analyzed further.

I don't know what the f&@k happened, but it relieved some pressure off for the rest of the game becuase it was so slick, Blatt's staff had to counter it.

They made some nice adjustments taking away Kyle early of course then packing the paint after we started out hot. JR can be an exemplary defender on or off the ball when he wants to. I believe he and Shump took turns on Kyle, that's a tall task for a guy who can barely put the ball down. It matters not because when they pay so much attention outside we murder inside.

Edited by benhillboy

Korver struggles under pressure in general it seems. Big games, playoffs, 3-pt contest etc. He plays best under the radar. I just hope he shows up big during the playoffs this year. It's all mental, Kyle. Get your head right!